chapter2

Unrequited Love

 

Yifan and I were classmates at a well-known private school in Korea(one which had a high ratio of students who went on to collegeafterwards) called Exo MK High School. I was someone you would actually name a geek, nerd or a loner. I had  thick glasses,shirts tucked in and always seem to be studying. Even though I barely splet and studied my off everyday, it was all I could do just to keep up the pace with everyone else. I couldn't make any friends. I was dull and mediocre through and through. 

In the other hand, there he is.Yifan didn't really have a serious attitude towards class. I never saw him with a book yet he always on top of our year. Usually, people are supposed to be jealous of someone like Kris. I saw this movie once where the brainies and geeks are bullied and being laugh at. However, he seemed like he never felt hatred. He was loved. He was always surrounded by people in the class: the loud moodmaker Chanyeol;the playboy Kai;the famous trio singers in our campus-Chen, Baekyun and D.O;the cute twins Luhan and Xiumin;the principal's succesor Lay; Suho the richest guy in the whole school and last but not the least, Sehun, emotionless one. Wherever they went it was always glowing as if they were princes on white horses.

Yifan was perfect. His family ran a large enterprise,he was good-looking and the best in academic as well in sport. He was truly blessed.

And the killing blow was his smile (aside from his y glare). Just from getting to see his smile, my heart would begin to throb unstoppable and my heart would be filled with joy and happiness.It was the first time I felt that way. At first it bewildered me but it didn't take me long to realize that what I was feeling was Love. Well, I say that but it didn't seem real-it was like being inlove with an idol. The gap between us was like me and a star- I would never reach it.

Then that day came and  I did something unexpected. I'd been told in guidance counseling that my greatest ambition was pretty much hopeless. It made me really upset like I was in depression zone. Instead of going home after class, I went out and wandered thenight streets of the large city of Seoul. Suddenly a guy approached me. He landed his hand on my shoulder which startled me at first. He asked me,"You free? Let's fool around" it took him only seconds and my mood changed."O-kay..." I agreed to go with the stranger. I didn't know why. Maybe it was the shape of his smile reminding me of Yifan's smile.

We went to a hotel. That was when I lost my ity. After we left the hotel, I was hit by that feeling.