Meeting the Ice Princess

My Guardian Angel

 

CHAPTER 2. Meeting the Ice Princess

 

“Where the hell is he?!”

 

“Aish!!! How could he run so fast, damn it!”

 

Yuri kept on cursing as he sat himself on a bench in the park. He spent a good half an hour in chasing a particular young man, yet again, that catches his interest but he just failed to catch him as the young man was able to move quickly and easily ran away from him.

 

“I’m gonna get you soon, no one can escape the great Kwon Yuri.” He nodded at himself as he encouraged himself to go after the baby-face young man that he caught through his expensive lense.

 

It was a normal morning for everyone and Yuri, a well-known photographer, accidentally captured a picturesque scene of a young man happily playing with dogs in the park two days ago. At first, he thought it was just a typical happy-type of candid shots but there’s something in the young man that sparks his interest. It was as if the photos he took with him were alive and conveys happiness and love on it, and so he’s been chasing the young man for the past two days.

 

“Geez. You sound like a desperate gay running after a straight man.”

 

Yuri jolts up on his seat and quickly glared at his friend slash assistant who casually sat next to him while eating his ice cream.

 

“Yah! Amber Liu, you should’ve helped me chase that guy! How could you just let me chase after him, alone?!” Yuri yelled at him but he couldn’t care less. Amber just smirked at his friend and showed him his phone.

 

“W-what… H-how did you…” he trailed of as he stared dumbfoundly at Amber’s phone.

 

“I bumped into him while he’s running away from you. Dude, you scared him, you know? He thought you’re gonna kill him or something.” Amber chuckled. He then grabbed his phone back and showed him the young man’s contact information that he got from him along with a memento of him and the young man while happily eating their ice creams together.

 

“Kim Taeyeon, 21 from San Francisco. He just transferred to your ice princess’ College and today is his first day in that school.”

 

==================================================================================================================

 

“Oh my God! Who is he? He’s sooo cute!~~”

 

“Looks like a new student, gosh! So handsome!!!”

 

Squeals and whispers were clearly heard by Taeyeon as he walked passed a bunch of college girls on his way to the Director’s office. It is his third day of disguising as a human and first day of being a student in the same school Jessica and Tiffany are attending to, as he spent his first two days in preparing to be a human. Being an innocent angel as he is, he flashed the girls his charming smile and the squeals just gotten louder.

 

“Whoa~~ humans are really wonderful. Can’t wait to play with them!” he talked to himself and dorkily grinned as he glanced back on the folder he’s holding to check how to get in to the Director’s office. However, since he’s still not used to being a human, he bumped into the lamp post and fell back on his bum.

 

“Oww~~” he cutely frowned as he rubbed his bum but abruptly stopped when he heard a soft giggle and saw a hand in front of him. Reluctantly, he grabbed it to help him stand up and a bright smile was drawn on his face upon seeing the face of the person who helped him.

 

“Eye-smiling princess!” he happily exclaimed with a dorky grin as he waved his hand cutely to greet her like he usually does.

 

Tiffany was stunned upon seeing him and for a second, he thought Taeyeon was an angel as he seemed to glow when he smiles. She lightly shook her head and returned the greeting of the stranger in front of her by showing off her beautiful eyesmile then she looked at her back to check who the guy is smiling at as Taeyeon also greeted Yoona behind her. However, she just saw a bunch of girls smiling back at the cute charming guy in front of her.

 

“Uhm… you’re a new student, aren’t you?” she started and successfully got Taeyeon’s attention back to her.

 

“Yep! I’m on my way to the Director’s office but I don’t know where it is…” he cutely pouted and Tiffany can’t help but squeal at his cuteness.

 

“Oh my God! You’re sooo cute! Let’s go, I’ll accompany you to the Director’s office before you bump into another lamp post here.”

 

Taeyeon’s face brightens up and they started walking towards the other building. Tiffany introduced herself and Taeyeon did the same as they happily chatted, creating some gossips from the other students who were either happy or jealous with the two charming people.

 

==================================================================================================================

 

Tiffany was surprised but happy that Taeyeon has the same schedule and classes with her and Jessica. Since their classes won’t start until after lunch, she dragged Taeyeon to the cafeteria and waited for Jessica to arrive.

 

“Jess!!! Whoa~ what happened to you? You look… tired?” Tiffany worriedly asked as she held both Jessica’s hands. They haven’t seen each other for the past two days as they both got separate schedules over the weekend and Jessica surprisingly accepted a photoshoot yesterday which is so odd as she wanted Sunday to be her rest day.

 

“I’m fine… just…” Jessica trails off as she noticed someone who stood up from his seat and smiled at her.

 

“Oh, Jess, this is Kim Taeyeon. He just transferred here from San Francisco two days ago. Taetae, this is Jung Jessica, my best friend.” Tiffany cheerfully introduced the two as she blurted out a new nickname for him, and giggled when Taeyeon dorkily greeted her best friend.

 

“Hi, baby!” Taeyeon cutely greeted her, waving his hand and smiling at her.

 

Jessica stood frozen when the transfer student just casually called her baby. She then looked at him from head to toe and locked her eyes onto him as she stepped closer to him, confusing both Tiffany and Taeyeon.

 

“Jess, what are y--- Oh my God!” Tiffany’s eyes widen and she gasped along with the other students in the cafeteria as Jessica slapped Taeyeon across his face.

 

“Taetae, are you okay? Jess, what was that about?” Tiffany checked Taeyeon’s cheek and pulled him to sit back on the cozy chair beside her.

 

“I’m fine… don’t worry.” Taeyeon smiled like nothing happened but his cheek is starting to redden because of the hard slap he got from the ice princess.

 

Tiffany sighed and cocked an eyebrow at her best friend who sat across her and Taeyeon and casually took a sip on Tiffany’s drink.

 

“Serves him right.”

“What? Jess, that’s unaccep---”

“He called me baby and I just did that to knock some sense into him.”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes at her best friend’s sassy attitude and apologized to Taeyeon as she assured him that Jessica isn’t usually like that and she’s actually a sweet and caring person once he got to know her.

 

Like usual, Taeyeon just smiled at her and also to Jessica. The three of them casually finished their lunch like old friends with the exception of Jessica and Taeyeon. Taeyeon just pretended that he’s not hungry since angels doesn’t eat – but he got addicted to ice cream when Amber persuaded him to eat one earlier, and Jessica is acting cold towards him – giving him icy glares from time to time when their eyes meet.

 

==================================================================================================================

 

“Hi~~ I’m Kim Taeyeon. I’m so happy to be here~~ Please take care of me.” Taeyeon grinned before he bowed to politely greet his classmates, earning squeals from the girls in the class and a few cheers from the guys. The representative of the class then asked him to sit anywhere he wants and since there’s only one seat available in the class, he happily sat on it as he smiled at his classmates.

 

Not long after, Tiffany came and smiled when she saw Taeyeon sitting next to her desk. Taeyeon felt her presence and looked up to greet her and he’s happy that he’s sitting beside the eyesmiling princess. Then after a few minutes, Jessica came and like usual, Taeyeon brightly smiled at her as she sat on the desk behind him.

 

“Baby, where did you go? You just disappeared earlier after eating.” Taeyeon asked but he cowered and sat up properly and faced the board when Jessica glared at him.

 

Tiffany was amused at the interaction of the two and softly giggled at them. On the other hand, some students heard Taeyeon and assumed that he’s probably Jessica’s boyfriend as no one dared to call the ice princess baby but him.

 

==================================================================================================================

 

Taeyeon was happily playing with a stray cat he found near their College building’s entrance while waiting for Jessica. Since disguising as human is his punishment, he can’t use half of his natural abilities as an angel like sixth sense, as it was taken away from him by Seohyun. He’ll only get it back once he was successful in his mission.

 

After a few minutes, Jessica and Tiffany went out of the building and saw Taeyeon happily playing with the cat like a kid. Tiffany beamed at the sight and dragged Jessica towards him.

 

“Hi Taetae!~~” she smiled brightly at him and was returned by the same smile from him.

 

“Hi Fany! Hi baby.... I mean Jessica!” Taeyeon quickly corrected himself when Jessica glared at him again when he called her baby.

 

Tiffany giggled at the two and before she could speak more, her driver walked towards them and advised her that they’re almost late for the scheduled photoshoot. Tiffany pouted as she wanted to spend more time with her two friends but she had to be in the location or her manager would be mad at her.

 

Taeyeon saw it and smiled at her as he patted her head saying she has to go and they’ll see each other again tomorrow. Tiffany brightens up with it and waved goodbye at the two before getting in to the car waiting for her. Yoona also waved goodbye to Taeyeon and told him good luck for his mission.

 

Taeyeon and Jessica watched the car as it disappeared from their sight and once it did, Jessica started to walk home. Since her apartment is just a few blocks away from the University, she always walks going home as she finds it more comfortable and refreshing as she takes her time to appreciate the surroundings.

 

When she reached her apartment, she furrowed her brows and abruptly stopped fumbling her keys in her bag.

 

“Are you planning to stalk me up to my room?” she coldly said as she hastily turned around and faced the startled Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon blinked a few times as he tried to find an excuse why she’s following the girl but before he could say something, the door behind Jessica swung open, revealing the girl’s manager.

 

“Oh, Jess, you’re finally here.”

“M-manager? What are you doing here?”

“Well, can’t I visit my lovely dongsaeng? Wait, hey there young man. You must be Kim Taeyeon? Aigoo~ you two, come in. I have to tell you something important.”

 

Confused, Jessica and Taeyeon both walked inside the girl’s apartment. Taeyeon casually sat next to Jessica on the couch in the living room though the girl glared at him for being too close to her. Victoria, Jessica’s manager, followed and sat across the two and brightly smiled which Jessica finds odd and creepy since her manager only smiles like that when she needs something or she had done something fun for her but not for Jessica.

 

“It’s good that you two are getting along well… so… I suppose there’s no need to threaten you and use my authority for this.”

“What are you talking about, unnie?”

“Starting today, you’re no longer living alone in this big but lonely apartment of yours, Jess.”

 

Jessica furrowed her brows as she doesn’t know where her manager is coming from while Taeyeon is trying to keep his mouth shut while staring at his friend, Hyoyeon, who happens to be Victoria’s guardian angel.

 

“Taeyeon is living here with you until he goes back to San Francisco.” Victoria and Hyoyeon grinned while Jessica and Taeyeon’s eyes widen in surprise.

 

Hyoyeon, together with Sooyoung, Sunny, and Yoona, thought of a way for their friend to be close to Jessica. And since Jessica only listens to her manager and Tiffany, they came up to a decision to use Victoria as they’re sure that the ice princess will agree with her like a good dongsaeng rather than with Tiffany.

 

Receiving no answer or any reaction from Jessica, Victoria smiled as she thought the girl is cool with it since Jessica seems to be comfortable with Taeyeon based on how close they are sitting next to each other.

 

“Well, I gotta go now. I still have to do something at the office. Taeyeon, I also brought your suitcase, there. Bye guys!” Victoria pointed to the blue suitcase on the side of the couch before walking towards the door. Taeyeon stood up and waved goodbye to her and said his thanks to Hyoyeon for the help.

 

Truth to be told, it didn’t cross Taeyeon’s mind to find a place where he can stay while he’s still in the form of human, and also to shop for clothes that he’ll be using everyday. Good thing his friends are there as they used their abilities to use the persons they’re guiding to help them with Taeyeon’s situation.

 

However, before Taeyeon could close the door of the apartment, he was already pushed outside and in a second, his suitcase was thrown to him by Jessica.

 

“Y-yah! Baby, what are you doing?!”

“I don’t want to share my apartment with you.”

“But---“

 

Jessica harshly closed the door and locked it to ensure Taeyeon won’t be able to get in. As expected, the ice princess won’t just let him in just like that, or any other person.

 

Taeyeon sighed. Now that Jessica can see him, he thought his job would be a lot easier but it seems like the girl is on her ice princess façade with him. He’s hoping that atleast, the girl would be warm towards him.

 

==================================================================================================================

 

“Yah! Inu-yah~ can you keep quiet. I’m doing my homework here~” Jessica whined as her dog keeps on barking while facing the front door. However, her whine was returned by Inu as the dog ran towards her and his head onto Jessica’s side, like asking for her attention.

 

“Aish, what’s wrong with you?” she patted the dog’s head and flinched when Inu barked at her and ran back to the door. Reluctantly, she followed the dog and as soon as she opened the door, Inu ran outside and went straight to the person sitting on the step in the porch.

 

“Whoa~ Inu-yah~~~ Hey~~ you miss me???” Taeyeon the dog’s chin as he knows the white canine loves it.

 

“What are you still doing here? I hate repeating myself but if you didn’t understand what I said earlier, let me say it again for the last time. I don’t want to share my apartment with you, so leave.” Jessica bluntly said as she crossed her arms over her chest while looking down at Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon’s smile faded and he pouted as sadness was written all over his face. After hours of sitting in front of the girl’s apartment, he still hasn’t come up with a good idea on how to persuade the girl so he can stay with her or any other ways on how to atleast get physically close to her.

 

Jessica bit her lower lip as she felt bad for being too cold and harsh towards the guy. She knows that the guy won’t do any harm to her but she can’t help but to be unfriendly towards him.

 

“I’m sorry… please don’t be mad at me. Don’t worry, I’m leaving now. Take care, bab--- Jessica. Byebye Inu~~” Taeyeon sadly waved at Inu and smiled at Jessica, who was taken aback by his sudden apology. Unhappy, he slowly dragged himself towards the gate with a cute pout on his face.

 

“Wait!” Jessica exclaimed, causing Taeyeon to stop on his tracks and turn around to look at the girl.

 

“Y-your… suitcase.” She continued and looked away as she tried to resist the cuteness of Taeyeon’s pout that was slowly replaced by a gentle smile.

 

“Oh, yeah. Thank you for reminding me. I’m really going now. Byebye~~” Taeyeon brightly smiled at her as he cutely waved his hand before skipping towards the gate. Though he felt sad earlier, he was now happy when Jessica reminded her of his suitcase for it shows that the girl still cares for him, even if it’s only a very little gesture of caring or kindness.

 

Jessica watched Taeyeon as he disappeared from the gate. She pulled her hair as she felt frustrated and confused with how she’s acting towards him. Truth to be told, the moment she saw Taeyeon sitting on the step in front of her apartment and seems like he had been there for hours, the guilt rushed through her body and mentally scolded herself for being too mean towards him.

 

“Inu-yah~ come here. Stay here inside and behave, okay? Mommy will be back quickly.” She patted the dog and locked her apartment as she instinctively followed Taeyeon. For some strange reason, the guy has something that she couldn’t understand what but she just had the urge to follow him and let the guy stay with her. Though Victoria didn’t tell her the reason why Taeyeon is staying with her, she still feels that the guy is now her responsibility and maybe, she just trust the older girl that much for her to agree to live alone with a guy.

 

==================================================================================================================

 

“Pabo, where did you go?”

 

Jessica kept on mumbling as she kept on walking but still couldn’t find Taeyeon. She’s been walking for the past few minutes and unknowingly reached the park. It’s already late in the evening and there are only a few people around but the surroundings are well-lit because of the lamp posts. Tired of walking, she sat on one of the benches in the park and pouted as she massaged her feet but she was startled when someone crouched in front of her.

 

“Are you okay?” Taeyeon worriedly asked and turned his attention to the girl’s left foot that she’s holding. By reflex, he reached out for her foot and massaged it for her as he casually sat on the ground.

 

Jessica blushed with the unexpected gesture of the guy and even blushed harder when the passing people giggled and said they’re a cute couple or the guy is such sweet boyfriend. She watched him as he focused on gently massaging her aching foot and she smiled when she saw a glimpse of his face with a gentle smile across it. If it was someone else, she would’ve screamed and probably kicked the guy but she just allowed him to touch her.

 

==================================================================================================================

 

“Is it really fine with you that I’m staying for… errr… I don’t know how long… with you?” Taeyeon carefully asked, receiving a short nod from the girl on his back. In an instant, a bright smile spreads on his face and mentally cheered as he can now be with her every day and night.

 

Since Taeyeon knows that Jessica is tired because of walking, he insisted to carry her on his back as they go home. Though Jessica lied to him that she’s not looking for him but just decided to have a walk, he still felt happy that the girl allowed him to stay with her after agreeing to the girl’s condition – to be her slave.

 

 

 

 

 

==================================================================================================================

Thank you everyone!!! I'm seeing familiar names here ^___ _^

Err... here's the raw image of Taengoo: 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Notes:

*fallen angels are those angels who rebelled against God and has been kicked out of Heaven. The descriptions of what fallen angels are actually differs per religious view so... yeah, based on my understanding, that's it. heheh ^___ _^

 

*Gender of Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Sunny... they're all girls. so... Taeyeon, Yuri, and Yoona are the only guys here from soshi (and Amber)

 

*For the couples here... I've already said it in the description - this is a taengsic story though there'll be taeny moments here as well. Actually, it depends on how you define couple 'coz I can also say that there'll be jeti/yulsic/yoontae/etc etc here since I love all the pairings in soshi and whether I ship them romantically or just friends or sisterly - I basically call them couple. XD