Taeyeon’s Punishment

My Guardian Angel

 

CHAPTER 1. Taeyeon’s Punishment

 

“Aigoo~~ baby, don’t waste your extra time booster!”

 

“Yah! Baby~~ you should’ve matched those five sweet combination in a straight line so you'll get a spotted candy and combine it with that striped candy, then we get a very powerful combination! Aish! How could you be so bad in mobile games?!”

 

Taeyeon kept on blabbering while sitting next to Jessica. The girl was playing a certain game on her ipad and can’t seem to pass a particular level, frustrating Taeyeon. If he could just snatch the gadget from the girl, he would’ve successfully passed the level in no time.

 

“Ah!!!~~ Stress!!!” Jessica screamed and Taeyeon automatically covered his ears to save him from being deaf. The girl carelessly threw her ipad on the other side of the couch and stood up as she headed towards her bedroom.

 

Jessica is living alone in her apartment just a few blocks away from her University. It is Sunday morning and she has no classes, no photoshoots, no tv guestings, or anything to do as she specifically requested Sunday to be her rest day. Usually, she and her best friend, Tiffany, would go in the mall and shop or just drive around the city but the ice princess chose to be at home today and do nothing.

 

“Baby, aren’t we going out? I’m bored… errr… sorry!” Taeyeon quickly turned around when he saw Jessica changing her clothes after he followed her. The girl would always change in front of him but being a gentleman and respectful being, he always turns around or covers his eyes until the girl is done.

 

Once Jessica was done in changing into casual clothings from her pajamas, she cleared before checking her phone on the nightstand. Taeyeon then turned around and casually sat down on the girl’s bed while looking up at the standing girl near the nightstand.

 

“Seriously, you should have a walk in closet here or change in the bathroom instead. What if someone barges in and sees you changing or worse, ?” said Taeyeon. He smiled awkwardly when Jessica looked up from her phone and glared at him, or rather at the white Shiba dog that jumped on the bed and sat behind Taeyeon.

 

“Aigoo~~ sometimes, I think you can still see me… you know what? I miss those times when you and Tiffany are still babies... both of you can see me, talk to me, and play with me.” he sighed. He shifted his position and started patting Inu, Jessica’s dog, that’s the only one who can see him.

 

Taeyeon was assigned to be Jessica’s guardian angel since the girl was born in the world. He’s always with her and probably knows the girl more than she knows herself. But sometimes, he can’t help but to wander around especially when Jessica is in a beautiful place that he hasn’t been with, and one particular incident of him being distracted by something lead into the girl’s accident. Luckily, he still got to save her on time and just caused the girl an injury. However, because of the injury, the girl lost her hopes in skating in the rink again and announced that she might not go back in figure skating anymore.

 

“Inu-yah~ how many times should I tell you that you’re not allowed in my bed, huh?” Jessica said while sitting next to Inu and the dog’s chin. Taeyeon stopped caressing the dog and moved closer to Jessica. He smiled at the happy look on the girl’s face while giving the dog light touches that’s making him sleepy.

 

Taeyeon cutely pouted while watching his baby sweetly talking to her dog and patting him to sleep. Being a not-so-typical guardian angel he is, there were times that he envy the dog because Jessica plays and talks to him. After a few moments, his face lit up upon seeing the warm smile on the girl’s face that he rarely sees.

 

“You are more beautful when you smile…” he softly said as he leaned forward to clearly see the girl’s face but frowned when he noticed the pink shade on her cheeks. By reflex, he reached out his hand and tried to place his palm on Jessica’s forehead, only to be disappointed that he couldn’t actually feel the girl’s temperature.

 

“Baby, are you sick?” he asked.

 

Jessica stopped caressing her dog and stood up from the bed to check her phone again. Taeyeon ruffled his hair in frustration but stopped when he heard the girl giggled and answered his question.

 

“Pabo, I’m not sick.” She mumbled with a smile on her face while looking down on the phone in her hand.

 

Taeyeon blinked a few times then slowly, his eyes widen and he gasped as he abruptly stood up from the bed and stood in front of Jessica, who’s still busy with her phone.

 

“Y-y-you… you can hear me??? C-can… can you see me too???” he almost yelled while pointing his index finger accusingly to Jessica. His wings almost spreads out from his back when Jessica lifted her head up and looked straight in his eyes.

 

However, his excitement and hope of having the girl see or just hear him drops when he realized that the girl was just blankly staring at nothing and was actually talking to herself as she replied to the message of her best friend.

 

Taeyeon really hopes that Jessica could still see him like the old days. He’s the type of angel who can’t stand being silent and wants to always play around. Most of the times, he would goof around with his friends and other angels but after the accident that almost killed Jessica, he just stays with the girl all day long as he doesn’t want same incident to happen again.

 

Luckily, his best friend, Yoona, whose Tiffany’s guardian angel, visits him from time to time to have a good time. And since Tiffany moved in the same village where Jessica lives, Taeyeon became happier as he can spend more time with Yoona. He always likes it when Jessica and Tiffany would sleepover or just hang out in each other’s apartments as he and Yoona can have more playtimes together. Besides, he’s also fond of the eyesmiling princess because of her bubbly personality that’s opposite of the ice princess’.

 

“Taengoo!!!”

 

Taeyeon’s thoughts were cut off with a sudden loud voice. He tilted his head on the side and found his friends waving at him behind Jessica with wide grins on their faces. He quickly hushed his friends and pushed them outside the girl’s room, only to be smacked on the head by his tall friend.

 

“Dork! Just to remind you, we are angels. She can’t see us or even hear us.”

“Oh… yeah… right.”

 

Taeyeon sheepishly smiled and scratched the back of his head as he looked at his giggling friends. Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Sunny visited him and like usual, the three angels wandered around the girl’s room like it was their room.

 

Taeyeon was happy to have his friends come over and they chatted and played around the apartment while Jessica was back to the living room with her ipad. After a few more hours, Tiffany, with Yoona, came with snacks and alcoholic drinks for her best friend. Like usual, the human bestfriends will drink and talk about anything until they finish the bottle or one of them falls asleep.

 

Soon, the five angels found themselves giggling at the two drunk girls who were helping each other to get into Jessica’s room and sleep. It was already midnight and Sunny, Sooyoung, and Hyoyeon decided to leave but they didn’t forget to tell Taeyeon the real reason why they came.

 

“Archangel Seohyun wants to see you as soon as possible.”

 

==================================================================================================================

 

“Taeyeon… what took you so long? Didn’t your friends tell you that I needed to see you as soon as possible?”

“Errr… I’m sorry Seobaby---“

“What did you just call me?”

“Archangel Seohyun…”

 

Seohyun sighed. Though she is close and fond of the guardian angel, Taeyeon, she is still the archangel and is not comfortable of speaking informally with him or with any other angels. She is an angel of high rank and is very strict with policies. However, she cared for all the angels a lot and would do anything to help them as long as she can.

 

“You still remember that you need to be punished for being a careless  guardian angel?”

“Y-yeah…”

“We already came up with your punishment, guardian angel Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon lifted his head up and looked at Seohyun with a cute puppy eyes and pout. He knows that Seohyun and the other archangels are strict with their rules and one mistake could make an angel into a fallen one. He doesn’t want to be a fallen angel and most of all, he doesn’t want to leave Jessica just like that but he can’t do anything if he really has to be punished.

 

“We’re giving you another chance and you have to prove that you deserve to be a guardian angel.”

 

Taeyeon’s face brightens up and he instinctively runs to hug Seohyun but stopped midway as the archangel sternly looked at him. He gave her a dorky smile before stepping forward and hugged her, surprising Seohyun but nonetheless warmly smiled at him.

 

“Are you sure you can do the consequence on this?” Seohyun asked when Taeyeon pulled away from her.

“What consequence?” he asked. He confusedly looked at the smiling archangel in front of him and slowly, his eyes widen and his mouth hung open upon hearing the consequence he was asked to do.

 

“You are still going to be Jessica Jung’s guardian angel but… you have to disguise as a human until she comes back to figure skating. Starting tomorrow, you will be Kim Taeyeon – an ordinary college student and will attend to the same school as Jessica.”

 

==================================================================================================================

 

 “Yoong!!!”

“Yah! Taengoo! The princesses are sleeping! Shut your mouth, will you?””

 

Taeyeon quickly pressed his lips and smiled apologetically at Yoona. He then turned his gaze to the two sleeping girls on the bed and frowned as he turned his attention back to his best friend who’s playing with Inu.

 

“Yah! We’re angels! They don’t see or hear us~~”

“Whoops…”

 

Taeyeon and Yoona burst out laughing at their silliness. Most of the time, they scold each other for being too loud as the humans might hear them but would later realize that they are invisible in human’s eyes unless they’re around babies.

 

“Oh, what did you talk about with Seohyunnie?”

“My punishment.”

 

Yoona stopped playing with Inu and in a second, he was already in front of Taeyeon with teary eyes. He bearhugged Taeyeon for he would miss his best friend. He was a bit mad that the archangel didn’t listen to them when they tried to defend Taeyeon but he quickly pulled away when he heard Taeyeon laughing at him.

 

“I’m not gonna be a fallen angel so stop crying.” Taeyeon said as he flicked Yoona’s forehead. He then made his way to sit next to his sleeping baby and a smile spreads across his face as he stared at her.

 

“They gave me another chance to prove that I deserve to be a guardian angel…” he continued and dorkily grinned at Yoona who’s confusedly staring at him.

 

“That’s it? No punishment or something?”

“Hmmm…. it’s not really a punishment but…”

“But what? Aish! Just say it, Taengoo!”

 

Taeyeon glanced at Jessica and then flashed his dorky smile at Yoona as he shared the consequence he got from the archangel. Yoona’s eyes widen and he loudly gasped when Taeyeon told him what he needed to do to prove to the higher rank angels that he deserves to stay as a guardian angel.

 

“I’m gonna be a human until Jessica comes back in figure skating.”

 

 

 

 

 

==================================================================================================================

A short first chap for you~~~

This is just like an intro since I want to focus more when Taeyeon is already a human so... yeah XD

Thank you for the votes/subs/comments!!! And thank you as well for appreciating my poster haha! Although I'm the one who did it, I can't stop myself from grinning after I was done in manipulating it. I admit that I fangirl'd over my own work.