Love at First Sight- Part 3

My Handsome Princess and Other Minber Short Stories

2 WEEKS LATER

 

 

 

 

"Hey, Amber~"

 

 

 

"Oh hey, Minho."

 

 

 

"Are you free right now?"

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, Minho... As much as I want to be there, I still have some things to do~"

 

 

 

My heart twitched a little bit when she said that... It was kinda sad that we couldn't be together today... But, I still have to tell her the good news...

 

 

 

 

"Oh, that's fine. I just wanted to tell you that they finally found a donor for me!" I couldn't hide my excitement anymore. After days of searching, they finally found a match. The doctors told me the good news just this morning and everyone's pretty hyped up about it.

 

 

 

"Oh really? Wow! That's great news!" Even though I couldn't see her, I could sense that she felt really happy for me. "So, when is the operation?"

 

 

"Tomorrow. I really hope you could be here and cheer me up before the operation..." 

 

 

"I'm really really sorry, Minho. I still can't be there..."

 

 

What? That would really . I wanted her to be here and be with me on this very special day. I wanted her to be the last person to be with me before I go inside the operating room. I want to hear her voice telling me to be strong... encouraging me and telling me that it's gonna be alright... but I think that she has her reasons for not being able to come. But still, it would be better if she would be there to support me...

 

 

 

"Wh-Why?" I couldn't hide the sadness from my voice...

 

 

 

"Uhm... because... Ah. I'm currently in Jeju. Yeah. I'm in Jeju and I have to be here for at least 3 days..." Is it just me or does Amber seem quite nervous...

 

 

"Oh, okay... I guess I'll be seeing you literally when you get back~ haha~" I tried to sound cheerful even though I'm a little upset.

 

 

"Yeah~ Uhm... Minho, I wanna tell you something."

 

 

"What is it?"

 

 

"I hope you won't get angry with me even if I can't be there tomorrow-" 

 

 

"No, It's fine. I understand." I interrupted. "It's just a little bit sad since you can't be here tomorrow~"

 

 

"I know. I really wanna be there but..." she paused. "There are just some things I have to finish..."

 

 

"Hey, Minho. Will you promise me something?" Amber suddenly asked.

 

 

"Sure. Anything." I replied.

 

"Please promise me that whatever happens tomorrow, you will always cherish all the moments we spent with each other... Even if we just met, we shared lots of memories with each other... I never thought that you could be this close with someone you just recently met... I'll be forever thankful for the friendship and wonderful moments that you shared with me... Thankyou, Minho. Thanks a lot..."

 

 

 

 

 

"Yah. You sound like we're never gonna see each other ever again~" I joked.

 

 

 

"What? Oh. Haha!" She laughed. "But seriously though, thank you for being such a great friend."

 

 

 

"And thank you for also being there when I need you~"

 

 

 

"So, good luck for tomorrow's operation. Hope it goes well~"

 

 

"Thanks, Amber. I'll be needing it.I guess I'll be seeing you after three days?"

 

 

"Probably~" She replied. "Bye Minho. Don't forget to drink your medicines and rest. You have a big day ahead of you... Sleep well, okay?" Even on the phone, she doesn't miss to remind me of the things that I should do. She's like a personal assistant... only better since she is a real person... XD

 

 

 

"Got it~ Bye Amber."

 

 

"Bye Minho~"

 

 

And with that, she hung up. I 'm surprised how close we became after three weeks.She has been with me ever since we met in the park. She visits me almost every day and we talk all the time. In fact, we became totally inseparable. Over a short period of time, she became one of my close friends. She even gets along pretty well with the four guys and even with my mom. Even I can't believe that we just met a few weeks ago because I feel like I've known her for a very long time. Now, I'm finally getting a new cornea... I'm finally gonna be able to see her face. The face of the person who meant so much to me in this period of darkness. The face of the person who gave me strength and hope when I needed it the most. The face of the girl whom, I think, captured my heart. I'm finally gonna see you, Amber.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Aaaaannd I'm finally back!!!! =))))) HIII GUUYSSSSSS!!! After a more-than-2-months hiatus, I'm alive... I'm so sorry for the somehow short update but I promise to finish this story within this week to make up for my super long break... T-T Also, I suffer from a lack of inspiration since there are hardly any MinBer moments going on... There's something that I want to ask you guys/ rant on about. I'll probably be posting it in the next few days... Oh well. Goodbye for now! =)