Love at First Sight- Part 4 END-1

My Handsome Princess and Other Minber Short Stories

 

DAY OF THE OPERATION: 10 AM, SM General Hospital

 

 

Today is the day... I'm finally gonna be able to see after weeks of darkness. As the nurses brought me to the operating room, I could hear the sound of people rushing by... I could hear the footsteps of doctors echoing throughout the halls... The clanging of empty oxygen tanks being carried out of the rooms... The announcements being broadcasted on the sound system... It felt good to know that it would be the last time I would pass by this corridor seeing nothing but darkness... Yet, a weird feeling is creeping inside my chest... It's like my heart is telling me that something bad is gonna happen... I placed my hand in my chest as if to stop it from whatever it was doing...

 

 

 

"Uhm sir? We are now here in the Operating Room." The nurse said as we paused for a bit. "Please excuse me for a while as I call the doctor." The sound of her footsteps told me tht she was gone and that I was left with my mom and my 4 closest friends...

 

 

 

"Minho, are you ready?" I could hear my mom talking to me in a very nervous tone.

 

 

"Mom, I'm gonna be alright." I replied as I held her hand that was on my shoulder.

 

 

"Remember that we're always here for you bro." Jonghyun said as he patted my back. "We'll be here for you~"

 

 

 

"Yeah. We're here for you bro~" Key reassured me.

 

 

 

"Too bad, Amber's not here." I sighed. "It would've been better if she was here to encourage me."

 

 

 

"Uhm... I think she has a really legitimate reason for not being here, Minho, You know Amber, you know that she would've loved to be here with you. Maybe she's just busy or something..." Taemin answered and I realized tht he was right... 

 

 

 

"Patient Choi, Minho?" I heard Dr. Lee Soo Man's voice calling me. "It's time."

 

 

"I have to go now, mom, guys~ wish me luck." I said as a nurse pushed me inside what I think was the Operating Room...

 

 

********THIRD PERSON'S POV*********

 

After Minho was brought inside the Operating Room, His mom and his friends sat down on the bench outside. A troubled expression could be seen from their faces. Mostly because they were worried for Minho but that wasn't the only reason...

 

 

 

"I hope Amber's okay." Mrs. Choi said while her fingers fidgeted. 

 

 

"Don't worry, Mrs. Choi." Onew replied as he turned to Minho's mother. "Amber's gonna be fine. I hope." He said as he remembered their conversation last night...

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

****************FLASHBACK*****************

 

NIGHT BEFORE THE OPERATION:  11pm, SM General Hospital

 

**Onew's POV**

 

 

We're all here in the coffee shop inside the hospital... Everyone is pretty anxious about tomorrow's operation. Minho is already fast asleep inside his room thanks to the sleeping pills he took a while ago while Taemin, Joghyun, Key, Mrs. Choi and I are in the middle of a serious discussion...

 

 

 

 

"Do you think we should tell Minho the truth?" Jonghyun asked.

 

 

 

"I don't think that's a good idea." Key answered. "He might not want to proceed with the operation if we tell him what's going on..."

 

 

 

 

"I think you're right..." Mrs. Choi said as she sipped her coffee. "I know my son and I'm sure that he would rather be blind than lose her. She means so much to him. In just a short amount of time, she was able to reach out to him. And now, she's doing all of this to help him..." Mrs. Choi had tears in her eyes as we all tried to comfort her...

 

 

 

 

"But what if he gets angry with us? Or worse, what if he gets angry with himself for not being there when she needed him? What do we do?" Taemin sounded so worried.

 

 

 

 

"In the first place, Amber told us not to tell him." I said after taking a bite of my chicken sandwich. "She asked us to keep it  secret and I think she has a very good reason why she wanted to do that. I think we shouldn't interfere and we should just leave things as they are. Amber doesn't want him to know since she's certain that he wouldn't agree... As for Minho, I know that he will, one day, know the truth... He might not like it but I'm sure that eventually, he will recover. We just have to be there for him and help him make it through..."

 

 

 

 

"You're right." They agreed and nodded in unison.

 

 

"But I'm surely gonna miss her." Mrs. Choi said.

 

 

"Me too." Jonghyun added. "She's so friendly and cute... It's like she's my little sister."

 

 

"Her smile really brightens up you day. I'm gonna miss that about her." Taemin sniffed.

 

 

"Her personality is amazing. She could talk about the most random stuff and you would still want to listen to her." Key said in a sad tone. "Too bad, I won't be able to experience her 4D attitude anymore~"

 

 

"I just hope she made the right decision not to tell him..." Mrs. Choi said while wiping her eyes with a tissue.

 

 

 

"And that we made the right decision to support her." I said as I finished the rest of my chicken sanwich...

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Ending Part 1 is done guys!!! :) Finally had the time to update this... Anyways, HEEYY THEEEERE! Sorry for the somewhat boring update. I promise you that Part 2 will be coming right up... Like, really fast. ;))) And oh, by the way... Thankyou for the comments and the new subscribers!!! *throws confetti* Welcome to the twisted mind of yours truly~ XD Hope you guys liked it~ (Even though there's a definite lack of Minber moments in this update...) <3 BFN!

 

P.S. What do you think of the KRISBER (EXO's Kris and our very own Amber) Couple???