Love at First Sight

My Handsome Princess and Other Minber Short Stories

"Love is not seen by the eyes... It's felt by the heart."

 

 

 

It's been five years since I last saw her... Five years since I last held her hand... Five years since that day.

 

 

 

 

Sometimes, I close my eyes and reminisce all the times I spent with her. Everything seems so clear. Like it just happened yesterday. A tear rolled down my cheek as I remembered the time she came into my life...

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, Minho. We did everything we could..." The doctor said. I shook my head in disbelief as I heard the bad news. 

 

 

 

"Does that mean...?" 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry but yes... You'll be temporarily blind until we find a donor for you..." The doctor said in a sad voice.

 

 

 

 

It took me a few seconds to comprehend everything the doctor said. What? Temporarily blind? Why? I can feel tears coming out of my tear ducts but I can't see anything. I gripped the bedsheet for support. No! Not now!

 

 

 

"I'll be leaving now, Minho. Mrs. Choi, I'll inform you if ever we have a potential donor. I'm very sorry." He said and left. I felt my mother's hand on my head as she gently my hair...

 

 

 

"Son, everything's gonna be alright... we'll do everything to make you see again." My mom told me... I could tell that she was also crying because of her voice...

 

 

 

I heard the door open again followed by quite a lot of footsteps...

 

 

 

 

"Minho, we heard about your condition..." 

 

"We're terribly sorry..."

 

"If there's anything we could do to help, please tell us..."

 

"Don't worry, Minho, we're here for you..."

 

 

Even though they didn't tell me their names, I could identify their voices... They were my best friends. Taemin, Onew, Jonghyun and Key. We've been together for a very long time and we treated each other like brothers. I could tell that they were genuinely concerned about my situation... They stayed in my room for quite a while until my mom told them to go home to rest... leaving me with my mom.

 

 

 

"Son, I have to buy your medicines first... will it be okay for you if you stay here alone for a while?" She said while she held my hand.

 

 

"I'll be fine, mom. Don't worry~" I assured her. She kissed my cheek and left.

 

 

 

 

 

By the way, I haven't introduced myself, right? Well, my name is Choi Minho. I am a painter. Was. Before I had the accident. I've been living a pretty normal life then... My family fully supported my career as an artist, My works were being displayed in galleries all around the world, I had friends who were always there for me... I pretty much had everything. Suddenly, everything changed in a blink of an eye...

 

 

 

 

I was driving home from my studio when another car smashed into me... The other car was being driven by a drunk driver... because of his drunkenness, he lost control of the car and it collided with mine... It sent shards of glass and other debris flying everywhere. Unfortunately, some of the debris got into my eyes and I felt a sharp, burning sensation hit me. It was so painful that I couldn't even open my eyes... After a few minutes, I heard the siren of the ambulance and fell unconscious...

 

 

 

 

I woke up today only to find out that I couldn't see a thing. At first, I panicked because I really don't want to lose my eyesight... My mom called the doctor and he suggested that I should take some tests to see what really happened. That's when we found out that my cornea had been scratched and that they still need to find a donor for me... until then, I'll be temporarily blind...

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there! :) It's been a while guys but here's short story number 2! :D Well, this is still part 1. I took the inspiration from the music video of the song "Because I'm a Girl/Woman"... hope you guys like it~ :))) see ya on the next chapter! ^_^