The Beginning - How We Became Friends

The Stolen Bride

“You must be new to the village, because I didn’t recognize you.” Jaejoong said as he made his way through the thicket of the greenery hiding his now, not so secret hiding place.

“Yeah, I just moved here.” Boa whispered

“So where do you live before?”

“In the city…” she answered vaguely.

“Oh.”

Silence settled down again as Jaejoong made his way up a steady hill that lead to the main road.

“You’re parents must be worried about you, its getting pretty late.” he stated.

“I don’t live with my parents anymore.” She answered quietly

“Oh…So I’m assuming you live in the more populated side of the village?” He asked as the got onto the main road and looked to the right.

“I-I live in the other side of the village.” She stuttered, pointing to the left; up a very steep hill.

He almost dropped her right then and there.

“Uh…” Jaejoong was hesitant. Going in that direction; it would take an hour’s walk to reach any home establishment.

“Um, can you take me to your house instead?” she asked out of the blue.

“Wouldn’t your pare- I mean wouldn’t whoever you live with be worried? And who do you live with anyways?”

“I live with one of my uncles.” She said “He wouldn’t mind it if I go to your house, since he’s never really home a lot… And he has been telling me I need to make new friends.”

“We are friends?”

“Are we friends?”

“Do you carry all your friends on your back?”

“No… I don’t have many friends.” Jaejoong said sadly as he remembered why he ditched today’s class at the local village school. He was so lonely at school, an outcast ever since his mother died.

“Well, now you do. I am your friend.” She replied giddily.

Jaejoong laughed, this girl was beginning to grow on him.

“Boa is Jaejoong’s friend.” She continued “And…”

“And?” He asked as she left the sentence hanging in the air.

“And… Jaejoong is Boa’s friend! DUH!” Boa laughed and playfully batted him on the head.

He laughed again; this girl was starting to grow on him.

So the two made their way to Jaejoong’s house.

Jaejoong told her all the fun things there was to do around the village, and Boa told him of all the funny jokes she knew.

Because Jaejoong’s house was so close, the two made it there within a few minutes.

“Here we are.” Jaejoong said as they began to approach his home.

“Is your mom or dad here” She asked, she wanted to be ready to greet them properly.

“No. My mom died a few years ago, and I never knew my dad.” He said bluntly.

“Then who do you live with?” Boa asked, sensing he was in the same situation as  her. Living in with another relative?

“I live with my grandmother.” Jaejoong said as he began walking up the back porch stairs and into his room of the house.

Jaejoong put down his bag and stumbled over to the middle of the room to find the light. Being on Jaejoong’s back, Boa was higher of the ground and was able find the pull chain easier.

“Here, I found it.” She said as she pulled on the chain and the room flooded with the bright yellow light.

Jaejoong settled Boa down on the ground, and sheepishly looked away as he saw she was deeply surveying his home.

“Um, sorry its  kinda of messy, grandma told me to clean it but I got lazy.” He said as he walked around picking up the random pieces of trash.

“Jaejoong-ah? Are you home?” an older voice called out.

“De halmeoni, I have a friend over!” he shouted back.

“A friend?” the voice asked as footsteps began to draw closer.

Jaejoong’s door opened and his grandmother’s head peeked in.

“Oh, you do have a friend over.” She spoke merrily, pushing her way in.

“Annyong hasaeyo” Boa greeted and did an awkward bow on the floor.

“Omo, what a pretty girl” She complimented and Boa blushed “What’s wrong?” She asked as she noticed the awkward way Boa was sitting with her hand over her left knee.

“Oh, we have to treat this right away.” She said getting up quickly and left the room.

A few minutes later halmeoni was back with a mess of things to treat Boa’s wound with

“First, we have to clean the wound so it won’t get infected.” she said kneeling down beside Boa, as she dipped a piece of cloth into some liquid and began cleaning the wound.

“Ahhhh!” Boa yelped as soon as it made contact with her open wound. Her eyes were already beginning to water.

“It’s okay Boa.” Jaejoong rushed to Boa’s side and patted her head “Don’t cry.”

“B-but it hurts!” she cried

“Just for now, I promise you it’ll get better, here hold my hand and squeeze it really tight if it hurts a lot!” Jaejoong quickly offered as he put his hand into Boa’s smaller ones.

Boa nodded and halmeoni continued to work on the wound. She indured the stinging pain for a few minutes as halmeoni cleansed the wound, and Jaejoong sat through all of it as boa squeezed the life out his hand.

“And now, all we have to do it apply this cream over the wound  so it’ll heal quickly and we’re done.”

“See Boa, that wasn’t so bad.” Jaejoong smiled and ruffled the top of her head.

“Will the cream hurt too?” She asked as halmeoni began to apply it to her hands before applying to Boa’s wound.

“No, it’s actually really cooling.” Jaejoong answered. Beginning the mischievous boy that he was, he was always scrapes and cuts here and there so he knew what Boa was going through.
So Boa let halmeoni apply the cream and bandage the wound up and before she knew it, it was done.

“Kamshamida halmeoni.” Boa thanked after everything was done

“Your welcome. So how did you get this horrible wound anyways?” halmeoni asked as she began putting away the gauze.

“I-I pushed her and made her fall and hurt her knee.” Jaejoong lowered his head in shame.

“Yah, Kim Jaejoong! Who taught you to go around pushing little girls?” Jaejoong’s grandmother scolded.

“Please halmeoni! Don’t be mad at Jaejoong. It was my fault, I tried to steal his food.” Boa quickly defended Jaejoong.

“Food, oh you children must be hungry. Halmeoni went to the market today and bought some yummy-” She continued out the door remembering that dinner needed to be fixed.

“Your grandmother is really nice.”

“Yeah.”

An awkward silence filled the room.

“Do you want to stay for dinner?” Jaejoong asked, breaking the silence.

“Ummm…” Boa began, but the growling of her tummy ansered instead.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” Jaejoong laughed.

"Yah!" Boas laughed too and playfully smacks Jaejoong's head.

"Is your leg feeling better? Can you walk on it now?" he asked

"Uh, no." Boa lied.  She just really wanted to stay here with Jaejoong.

"Oh ok. Here we can play..." Jaejoong enthusiastically began taking out all his toys and games

"Jaejoong, I think I’m gonna love being friends with you."



AN: HOLLA~ HOPE YOU LIKE CH2. KINDA BORING NOW HUH? MOSTLY JUST BUILD UP AND STORY DEVOPEMENT... THE DRAMA'S NOT GONNA BE HAPPENIN' FOR A FEW MORE CHAPTERS, SO IF YOUR LOOKING FOR THAT... O_O ANYWHOO,ALL REVIEWS ARE ACCEPTED <333 AND SPAMMERS &TROLLERZ; I WON'T BASH YOU IF YOU COMMENT <^>
                                                              -LOVE TO ALL REVIEWER, LOVE TO ALL SILENT READERS, <^> TO HATERS
                                                                             ~FALLS2thesky :D