Sorry, I can't be with you

Sorry, I Can't Be With You

I was so scared that I couldn’t calm myself. It was almost 5 hours of laboring and Sofea is still giving her best. After a while, I heard a loud cry and rubbed the back of her hand with my other palm.

“You have done a great job, Sofea. Definitely you are.” I said, wiping the sweats at her forehead.

“How is our baby boy?” She asked, looking worn out but still asking about our lovely boy. I stood up from my knees and took our first baby boy from the nurse.

I admired his soft-looking and pinkish cheeks and he is sleeping soundlessly. He is so pretty. Pretty as her mother and handsome as I am. I put him next to her mother and Sofea cried, seeing her healthy boy is sleeping soundlessly. I felt guilty for seeing these two important person in my life but in the same time I couldn’t let the company down because of my childish acts too. I’m in dilemma!

“He is so pretty, Sehun ah.” She said in between her sobs.

“Thank you” I kissed her forehead and hugged them. The feels of welcoming someone that we have been waiting for. It is so happy that I couldn’t describe full in words. Please forgive me…


Sofea has been transferred into a normal wad with our baby next to her and we named him Oh Hyunki. My family in-laws were gathering in her room and they have a small picnic to celebrate our little angel while I sneaked out of the room and headed to the wedding reception.

Mom and dad knew about me marrying Ha Ae and they couldn’t stop the wedding for the sake of the company and they even felt very guilty for betraying Sofea and also their lovely grandchildren. I waited at the aisle and Ha Ae was covered behind her veil, walking along the way with her father.

“Do you, Lee Ha Ae, take Oh Sehun as your husband….”

“I do.”

“Will you, Oh Sehun, take Lee Ha Ae as your wife and will love each other through happiness and sickenes forever?”

“I…..”

“Faster Oh Sehun ssi…” Ha Ae whispered.

“I do.”

The priest told us to put on rings to each other and kiss the bride. I opened the veil and kissed her forehead, which I don’t want her to expect more than this. We are officially husband and wife. And I have made the biggest sin in my life. We bowed at the guest as soon I looked up, I saw mom and dad left the hall.

I told Ha Ae that I have to go to my wife and my baby but she went on grumpy on me. “We just got married Sehun ah!”

“I know. On the paper. To me this is not marriage. I have my wife and my boy.” I said and quickly changed into a casual outfit. I was hoping very high that Sofea won’t be watching the news because this wedding is broadcasting all over the media.

A few minutes later, my phone vibrated and it was a message from my dad. ‘I’m so sorry, son. You have sacrificed a lot. Thank you and so sorry again… We will be meeting you at Sofea’s’

I pushed on the paddle and the car accelerated. Soon after I reached her ward, I saw Sofea is holding Hyunki but mom and dad were not around. I knocked on the door. Sofea glanced up and tears started to prick.

“How could you do this to me? On our first special day.” She started, starring at Hyunki. I walked into the room and took a seat at the side of her bed.

“How can Hyunki understood that he has two mother at the same time? When he is so small to understand the family…”

“I’m so sorry…”

“Get out of this room now. I don’t want to see you.”

“I can explain.” I said. She looked up.

“Explain? Now only explain when you have married her? After you seduced me. After you made me gives birth to your child? Why now?”

“I was desperate. I couldn’t help but have to. The company is in danger. If I don’t do that, who is going to feed you? Will it be enough to raise you and Hyunki?”

“You should have discussed with me! I don’t want to see you anymore! Go with your ex-girlfriend.” Hyunki started to cry because of Sofea’s loud scream.

“Opps.. your wife now. I’m gonna take Hyunki with me. Don’t ever bother to find us!” She grabbed her bag and she was already changed. I saw a paper has been signed on the nurse reception table, and it was Hyunki's family registration form.

“No! Sofea, don’t!” I ran after her until the lobby but then she grabbed a taxi and rode away. I was too late.

I dialed mom’s number but she was in the canteen and didn’t realise Sofea had already gone. A few seconds after that, a message came in.

    Sorry, I can’t be with you… You have disappointed me.. Don’t worry, Hyunki will always be fine in my arms. –Sofea-

That was the last message she gave and never ever contacted me after a while. A few months after Sofea and Hyunki left me, our company became stabled and I couldn’t stand Ha Ae’s attitude in the house. We signed a divorce and I became a widower. Almost a year, Sofea didn’t contact me and I was wondering how are they doing.. My parents-in-law refused to see me and I hope Sofea and Hyunki will be fine…

 

Just remember that I will always love you two… 

-The End-