Myungsoo/Sungyeol

Friendship to Last [Drabble Dump]

Written by: Soshistorm
Prompt: Genie

 


 

 

When Myungsoo woke up this morning and went out to get his mail, he never expected to find a package waiting for him. He had opened it and and inside it was a lamp. A golden lamp that had a note posted to it.

“Rub me,” the boy read out loud, frowning slightly before doing what the note said. He suddenly stopped. “Why am I even doing this?”

With a shake of his head he put the lamp down on his living room table and turned towards the direction of the kitchen. Who the hell sent him that package anyways? There was no description on the box.

Myungsoo stopped up completely as he heard someone talk behind him.

 

“Excuse me.”

He turned around slowly, his eyes widening as he saw where the voice had come from. There stood a boy dressed like he was taken right out of Disney's Aladdin. He smiled brightly with his arms crossed.

Myungsoo stared at him for a few seconds before talking. “Who are you?”

His smile grew. “Let me tell you,” he said before he started rambling.

Myungsoo stared widely at the boy standing before him, who according to him wasn’t a man at all. He claimed to be a genie, someone who granted wishes and that Myungsoo was one of few humans that got the honor of owning one.

“And I am Sungyeol.”

A genie? A god damn genie? No way.

“Stop screwing around, just tell me how you got in and who you really are.” Myungsoo was pretty sure he had locked the door so he couldn't have gone through there.

His smile fell. “Fine, I'm not a genie. I put that package by your mailbox and climbed through your window when I saw you rub it.” The boy calling himself Sungyeol pointed towards the wide open window in the living room.

So that's where he got in. Still, Myungsoo lived in the seventh floor so he had no idea how he actually managed to get up.

“But could you please let me live here for a while? I was thrown out of my friend's apartment-” Myungsoo grasped the boy's hand, dragging him over to the door before pushing him out.

“No, please! I can cook!”

 

Myungsoo slammed the door in his face, letting out a sigh as he did. Some people were just too desperate.

He heard a knock on a door, but not on his so he guessed it was his neighbor. He soon heard the voice of the man he had thrown out.

“Excuse me, do you have a minute to talk about Jesus?”

Really desperate.