oo2

Nightfall

"So what do you think about the new guy?" Shin Wonho had asked as he took a seat beside his bestfriend. Suzy eyed the new student as he made his way out of the cafeteria after buying his lunch.

"Honestly, I don't know. He looks like the loner type" She had stated her opinion but there was something about him that she couldn't really point, something about him that made him seem so familiar but she shrugged it off as she smiled at her childhood friend. Even though Suzy could tell Wonho about everything she felt or everything that troubled her, this was something she found hard to discuss. It wasn't because she was worried he'd think she was going crazy, it was just that there was something about this Jongin that she had a hard time opening up this topic to Wonho ever since the start of school that day. "But then again, I'm pretty sure most girls are already swooning over him" She let out a laugh not realizing Wonho had kept a straight face and was thinking about the new student as well.

 

She was surprised to see him sitting by himself at one of the benched in the gym. She had PE but it doesn't start in 20 minutes. Suzy was always early for this class mainly because she hated waiting in line to change and this was the time of the day she liked being alone. Although she loved Wonho's company, she still wanted some time for herself.

"Uhmmm Hi." She greeted him but Jongin just gazed at her for a second before looking away.

Rude. Suzy thought. And at that time she already knew that they wouldn't get along nor would she want to be near him anyway. She just will never stand people who acted as if they were above others. She was pretty yes, but she never thought of herself being tha way. Suzy always felt like she was of average beauty.

Jongin suddenly started shaking his head saying something she could barely understand. "Were you saying something?" She had asked ever so politely. The boy only shrugged and continued in his own world.

She glanced at her watch. 18 more minutes. Suzy frowned. Time was sure going extra slow at this moment. "I said don't bite your lip, it's distracting everytime you do that" She focused her attention on Jongin.

Bite my lip? Have I ever bit my lip around you? She thought as she tried to think of her lip biting habit for that day and so far she couldn't remember and besides she was sitting behind him. "Excuse me but--" Her sentence was cut when she realized he was no longer in the vacinity. Suzy frowned further, was she too deep in thought that she hadn't noticed the male sprint out. Surely she would have heard him.

 

"I don't like him" Suzy blurted out as she layed down on Kyungri's bed. The other girl looked at her friend in confusion asking who. "The new guy. Jongin." Kyungri cocked her head to the side. They were from the same level but they had different sections and yet they were friends simply because they were neighbors.

"He seemed a little..." She paused looking for the right words to give, assesing the so called Jongin in her point of view. ".. distant" She had finally found the right word basing from his actions from the past week ever since school started, ever since his first day in their school. "But you have got to admit that he's good looking" Kyungri let out a chuckle as Suzy could only give out a sigh. She had no idea why she was so worked up over this Jongin guy. He had already made it clear that he was interested in no one and yet everytime she saw him near it felt as if her world would stop and when they lock gazes, the familiar overwhelming nostalgic feeling comes.

Or do I like him because he doesn't give a damn?

 


 

--
A/N:

ouo IDK WHEY THEY'RE SHORT \( ̄□ ̄)\