oo4

Nightfall

September 1875

 

"Must you leave?" His voice tired and weary. It had been months since their first encounter and Jongin had not expect that the beautiful maiden would return his feelings. They had kept their relationship a secret afraid of the consequences they might face but now he was unsure of what to do for the maiden that had captured his heart was fleeting.

Suzy couldn't look at him straight. She had seen this coming and yet she chose to love even though she knew that one day soon she would have to leave again. "But I'll come back, I just don't know when" She heard Jongin sigh and finally faced him. He was looking up gazing at the stars, wondering.

 

"Suzy, my dear Suzy" the governer extended his arm at her, they were throwing the going away party for Suzy must part early in dawn within a few days. Jongin had not been invited surely because he was just as the governor may say, 'a mere peasant'. Her uncle had such a wide grin on his face that it made her wonder.

"Meet Shin Wonho." He beemed, Suzy looked at the gentleman whom her uncle just pulled out of the crowd. "Handsome, smart and really rich" She heard him whisper. She had to admit that he was really good looking but there was something eerie about his being.

"Pleasure to meet you" She politely said as she walked away earning frowns from the two men specially from the one she had just met.

 

"Jongin what are you doing here?" The fair maiden had asked both surprised and yet nervous as hell. "If uncle sees you... You know what he can do."

The boy just shook his head and said "You're leaving soon, can I not say my farewell?" Suzy smiled as she grabbed his hand and hugged him, both surprising them with the action she had just done. This was by far the most intimate thing that happened between them for the country was too conservative back then.

"I'll comeback for you I promise" The words left before she could stop them. It wasn't empty words but she was afraid that it would take her a little too long before they meet once again.

 

 

"What's so good about you?" A stranger's voice had startled Jongin as he was walking alone on his way home. He spun to see a man around his age, half of his body covered in darkness. There was something deadly, something dangerous about him that Jongin feared.

"I don't know what you're talking about sir" He answered in the most polite way he can. Afterall, the other guy's robes gave away that he was one rich man. Jongin felt his heart started to pound as the stranger started making his way closer to him. There was just something about this guy that Jongin disliked, and little by little as the moon started to shine down on his face, he head realized his beauty was eerie. It frightened him so much as he suddenly remembered his grandma's tales.

"You're not a gumiho are you?" The other smirked as he shook his head silently chuckling as if it was the funniest thing Jongin had ever said.

"No, but I'm much worse than a gumiho" Now, Jongin froze as the guy looked up at him showing a full smile. His canine teeth were the longest he had ever seen and that was when it finally hit him. "Do you like to live an immortal life Jongin?" The other smirked as he grabbed Jongin by his neck. "Your heart is beating too fast, too loud at the moment" He gave another chuckle. "I usually do this for fun but you're a special case." Beads of sweat started forming on his forehead, Jongin was wishing that everything was just a nightmare, a dream he'd wake up in.

"I don't want to be immortal nor want what you have" He tried his best to sound brave. But everything else seemed all too late.

"I fancy Suzy, and so do you. By doing this we shall be equals from now on. By the way Kim Jongin, never forget the name Shin Wonho."

 

 


 

--
A/N:

u_____u
so yeah. now you know Wonho's secret eue