oo3

Nightfall

July 1875

 

Jongin was like any other guy in that town, he was still one of those teens who would play, study but most of the time work. Specially in the summer, days like these.

Some of his friends would meet up by the lake during the late afternoons to take a bath, trying to cool off from the heat.

"Did you see her?" He could hear some of his friends whisper to each other. "I heard she came with some of those foreigners" Whispered another. "But she's korean right?" He could hear some of his friends mutter either a yes or I'm not sure.

"Who are you talking about?" Jongin had finally joined them as I removed his shirt.

"The fair maiden in the market place this afternoon" His short big eyed friend had said almost nonchalantly. Jongin frowned. Fair maiden? He thought. Surely, if there were any new girls in town he would know.

His friends continued their story about the girl who had all caught their eyes. "I heard she was the same age as we are"

"Are you sure Chanyeol?" The small one who answered Jongin had asked their tallest friend.

"Yeah I heard her name being called. I think she was named Su--something. I also found out she's the governor's niece" The small one frowned unsatisfied with the information. The Chanyeol guy turned to their other friend, the one whose cheeks were ones you'd love to squish. "Minseok, your aunt works for the gov right?" The other nodded. "So... would you be able to get information about the beautiful lady?"

Joning could only shake his head at the thought. His friends were being love struck by an unnamed lass whom they've only met once.

 

"You can put those crates down" Ordered the care taker as Minseok and Jongin settled the boxes of apples down and so did Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. There was to be a feast later in the governor's house intended for the fair maiden that his friends still talk about.

Chanyeol suddenly leaned in close to Jongin whispering "Do you think we'll get to see her?" He frowned as he looked at his friend mouthing something like a 'don't keep your hopes up'. He keeps wondering just how fair is this maided for his friends to have a hard time to move on.

As they were about to unload more of the crates, one of the staff had called him out to carry some of the boxes in exchange. Jongin gave a mere smile as he made his way unaware that all through out his stay, pair of eyes watching him in a slightly adoring way.

 

 

"Who are you?" Jongin froze at the sight by the lake. A girl around his age wondering in darkness alone caught his attention. "You shouldn't be out wondering alone" The way he spoke made her turn, when she was sure he was gentle and meant no harm she finally looked at him.

And there stood the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. His mouth hung open as she seemed to glow in the moonlight leaving an impression as if she was a goddess of the night.

"I'm Suzy... Suzy Bae" She smiled. His heart thumped going faster. "Something wrong?" She asked as she stepped closer making her way towards him. Was this the lady they had been talking about? He thought they were all exaggerations and he used to be full of doubt.


 

--
A/N:

ouo I keep posting short chapters e__e
I dont know orz
it's like every story is a different writing approach for me OAO