Apartment

Realize

“Hyung?” a familiar voice was heard, leaving both men stunned on their seat. Luhan turned around, only to find his brother standing there. “Sehun?” he asks. “Is he your boyfriend?” Sehun whispers his last word. Minseok gulped his saliva hardly, realizing the youngest overheard their conversation. “Um, yes,” Luhan’s answer was unexpected for Minseok, but he can’t do anything but to play with it. “Since when?” Sehun asked, his face didn’t show any shock.”Recently!” Minseok answers before Luhan could. Sehun pulls out his hand from his coat pocket. “I’m Sehun, Luhan’s younger step-brother.” Minseok reach the latter’s hand, “I’m Minseok, Luhan’s boyfriend.”

Sehun take a seat behind them and talk to Minseok for the whole trip, ignoring his brother. They arrived at the bus stop in front of an apartment building, not far from Minseok’s house. “Hyung, come to our apartment!” Sehun whines right before Minseok cling to Luhan, as he reassure Sehun about his ‘relationship’ with Luhan. “Yeah, come in, Baozi, that’s our apartment, not far from your house, am I correct?” Minseok frowns at the nickname Luhan give him, “Fine, but I can’t stay for a long time, I still have things to do..” Sehun grab his hand and drag him to the building, a light smile appeared on Minseok’s face. Luhan followed them to the building, keeping his eyes on his ‘boyfriend’ and brother.

It’s not that big, it doesn’t look expensive at all, it doesn’t look cheap either. It’s comfortable, simple, and enough for two men living space. “We only have a few bottles of drink, you drink, hyung?” Sehun asks as he check his refrigerator. “No, I don’t drink. I thought you still illegal to drink, Sehun?” Minseok said as he sat on the sofa beside Luhan. “I guess you’re right, hyung.. How about you, Lu ge?” Luhan shook his head lightly, “no, thanks.”

“Have you guys take dinner?” The brothers shook their head as Minseok let a chuckle escapes his lips. “Do you mind if I make something at the kitchen?” Luhan nods his head as response. “Let me help you,”

“You don’t have to do that, you know?” Luhan starts as they enter the kitchen. “I don’t understand,” Minseok checks the refrigerator. “You know, agree to come here, following the whole scenario, telling Sehun about drinks, and now dinner,” Minseok put both of his hand on the kitchen counter. “Get me that box of buns you have,” Luhan take the box from the top of dining table in the kitchen. “I just want to,” Luhan sighed as Minseok open the box. “You have done too much for me and Sehun, after you finished, just.. Just go home,” and with that, Luhan left Minseok alone in the kitchen.

Another hour has passed, Minseok hasn’t come out from the kitchen, no more sound heared from the kitchen either. “I’ll go check on him,” Luhan murmured as he left Sehun and the television he watch with his brother earlier. “Minseok?” No one in the kitchen, but a soft sobs could be heared clearly. A small figure appeared from the bathroom, wiping tears on his face. “Call Sehun to eat, I’ll join later, sorry I used your bathroom,” Luhan shook his head, “it’s okay, just.. You owe me an explanation, understood?” Minseok nods his head and disappear to the bathroom again. Luhan sighs before he call his brother for dinner. Steps were heard and there is Sehun, entering the kitchen with a confused look.

“Where’s Minseok hyung?” Luhan mouthed ‘bathroom’ and Sehun know, it’s better if he didn’t ask more. Not long after a few munches heard, Minseok come out from the bathroom in his cheerful side. “How’s it?” Sehun gives him a thumbs up and Minseok chuckles, from the corner of his eyes, he could see Luhan staring blankly. He didn’t dare to ask, he sit down between them instead.

“How about your family, hyung?” Sehun asks bluntly. “I was an orphan, a family adopt me and I have a younger brother after that.” Minseok answers with a smile. “You were an orphan, hyung?” Sehun ask again in disbelief while Luhan stared at him in shock. “Yes, how about you, Sehun? You said you were Luhan’s step brother?” Minseok asks back. “My parents adopted Luhan hyung from the orphanage when he was eight and I was four.” Minseok stared at the brothers, nothing changed from Luhan’s expression, still blank after the shock he has suffered. “But, they died two years after they adopt me,” Luhan said suddenly, “I’m sorry.” Minseok felt sorry for them, because Luhan was like never had love from any parents he had.

“How about you, hyung? Where’s your parents and brother now?” Sehun asks curiously, didn’t bother for a sad expression on Luhan’s face. “My father has gone, he left us, no one know where. And my mom, she just died. I got the information from the call my brother sent a few minutes ago.” Again, Luhan suffered from a big shock, from a new fact he learned from Minseok. They remained silent for the rest of the dinner until everyone finished, Sehun offers to wash the dishes, he know there’s something Minseok and Luhan need to talk about.

“Can we talk? Only both of us?” Luhan said before Minseok left the kitchen, the latter nodded and followed him to his room. Luhan closed the door behind him and hug Minseok immediately. Minseok’s hands slowly reaches Luhan’s back. For a few minute, they stay in the same position, they felt comfort and warm in each other’s embrace, not wanting to let go of each other.

Suddenly, there’s a knock on the door, shocked and realized their position, they chose to let go of each other. Luhan opened the door, still not realized who is on the door, “What?” He felt slightly annoyed because his moment with Minseok were ruined. “Is that how you greet your past?” a familiar voice heard, but Luhan sure it wasn’t Sehun. “Wufan?”

----------------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhangers~
I'm really sorry for the late update ><
Please do comment and wait for the next chapter ^^