Realize

Realize

The rain is getting heavier. Minseok opened his umbrella in front of a cafe that only had a few meters distance from the shop where he work. He start to walk towards the bus station. Something inside the toy shop catch his attention. It's a large sized deer doll at the center of the shop. He tried to just walk to the bus station, but after a few steps, he can't forget that doll. Minseok choose to walk back to that shop.

 

"Welcome!" a cheerful sound could be heard after Minseok steps inside the shop. A man in white clothes walks towards him. He looks young, with a light brown hair and dark chocolate eyes. "Hi! I'm Baekhyun, how I can help you?" His eye smile grabs Minseok's attention. "How much for this doll?" Minseok asked while the doll's hand. "$600 will do." Minseok stops his activity and stares at the store clerk. Minseok just give him a small smile and a soft 'thank you' before he leaves.

 

He looks back at the doll and shakes his head. 'I can't spend my money on something useless like that. I need to pay my rent and transfers some to my parents.' Minseok thought himself and start walking towards the bus station. Someone grabs his shoulder makes Minseok stops his step and looks back. "I saw you just come out from that toy shop." a boy by Minseok's height said while pointing the toy shop with his index finger. Minseok just nodded, amazed by his cute face and the doe-eye. "Can you help me something?" he asked. "What's that?" Minseok asked back at him. "Can you put this inside the shop, just by the door." the boy said while pulling out a paper from his pocket. "Sorry, I don't have time for this,.." Minseok stopped for a while, asking for the boy's name. "Luhan." he said. "Right, Luhan. I need to go home now, and I've missed my bus now." Minseok said after take a look on his watch. "Good. Because if you do this for me, you won't need to wait for the next bus, I'll take you home." Minseok shooks his head. "No, thanks. I can go home by my own." Luhan just nodded. "I think I've seen you somewhere. What school you're going?" Luhan asks. "Sorry, I don't tell my personal information to a stranger. Well, I have to go. Goodbye then, Luhan-ssi." Minseok said while walking away and waving his hand to the frozen Luhan.

 

******

 

The next morning Luhan find himself in someone's door, waiting for the door to open itself. Luhan's wishes come true, the door is opened and showing a boy in a red baseball jacket. "You, Lu-" The boy stopped to remember Luhan's name. "Luhan." The boy nodded at Luhan. "What are you doing here anyway?" he asked. "I don't know either. I just find myself waiting here." Luhan said. "You, I haven't got your name." Luhan continued while his eyes keep staring on the boy movements. "I'm Minseok. You don't have any job, task, or school to do aren't you?" Minseok asks while doing his shoe laces. "I have a job, it's at night. And yes, I do have school too." Minseok paused his activity and stares at Luhan. "And then, what are you doing here, at my door, staring at me like a stalker?" Luhan shooks his head.

 

"I'm just curious." Luhan answered simply. "About what?" Minseok walks to the left way from his house with Luhan following behind him. "Nothing." Minseok stopped his steps. "Can you stop following me? It's nice to meet you, but I'm disturbed. So, goodbye, Luhan." Minseok walks to the bus station near them and get in the bus that already waiting for him immediately.

 

And there's Luhan, leaved behind by Minseok, still don't realize that the boy has gone.

 

******

Luhan couldn't focus at all at his workplace. He felt there's something he haven't finished. Something that always bothering him since this morning. He still couldn't find the answer for this question too; "Why he is at that boy place this morning?" He couldn't find a right answer for it. His brain didn't told him to go there. The worst is, even Luhan himself didn't know that boy's address. They just met once, and Luhan didn't asked his address. It's all his foot leading him there.

 

"Hyung." that familiar voice brings back Luhan to the reality. "Yes, Sehun?" The boy in front of him let out a small sigh. "You never focused on your work since this morning. It's not the usual you, hyung. Is there's something bothering you?" Luhan wants to nod, but he just shook his head instead. "Nothing wrong. I'm just.. Tired.. Yeah, tired." Luhan bite his lower lips, his nervousness suddenly come. "You went to 'his' place again yesterday?" Luhan know who Sehun means by 'him'. He know it, exactly.

 

"If you mean by giving him another letter -by myself- of course no. He's just a jerk that has thrown me away." Luhan forced him a smile and back to the cashier desk.

 

Here's Luhan, at a cafe where he called it his workplace. Working as the man behind the register machine never makes Luhan bored, but let's not say it today. Because for the first time, here's Luhan, bored with his job. He felt like there's something he needs to do.

 

********

"Minseok here! Minseok there!" his working partner just keep ordering him around. Minseok know the store is out of hands and they're very busy. He should understand that condition, but he's a human being too, he's tired. He needs rest, but in other hand the shop still have a lot of customer so he can't end his shift yet. He suddenly remember something that he left at home.

 

"Can I go home now? There's something important I need to do at home." Minseok said with hestitaion to his boss, Kris. "Minseok, you know that now we're-" "I know we're out of hands now and still have a lot of costumer now." Minseok cut his boss out. "And then why you still ask-" "I know you couldn't end my shift now, but it's really important, boss." Minseok cut his boss words again. "Can you stop cutting my words off?" Kris said with a bit high tones.

 

"I'm sorry, boss. But this really important, you can cut my salary or anything but don't fire me.." Kris let out a small sigh before he say a few things to his employee. "Listen Minseok Ge. I'm sorry before, but I don't allow you to go home now before I called your shift off. Now please go back to work, be professional by not mixing personal problems with work. If you got it, please go back to your place." Minseok walks back to his position while trying to let go the 'important matter' he got at his home.

 

*********

"Luhan hyung, Suho hyung said your shift is over." someone told Luhan from a far. "Thanks Sehun, do you want me to bring something when I get back?" Luhan asks his roommate before leaving to changing room. "Ah, can you get me some buns, hyung? Just place it on the living room, I'll give you the money tomorrow." Sehun said while making a coffee for a customer. "The buns store should be closed at this hour, Hun-ah." Luhan said in front of the changing room door. "There's a 24 hours bun store a few meters 'his' shop. Don't go inside his shop, okay hyung?" Luhan gave him an 'O' sign and go inside the changing room.

 

After 10 minutes inside the changing room, Luhan came out with his original clothes, not the cafe uniform. "Remember what I told you, hyung!" Sehun reminded his hyung once more before Luhan walks out from the cafe." Luhan give him a small smile and a nod. "Don't worry,  I'll just walk passed it." Luhan get out from the cafe and walks toward 'his' shop direction.

 

The shop and the cafe distance not too far, just separated by a small street and a block. As what Luhan said to Sehun, he just passed the shop, like he didn't know there's a shop there. He take a quick glance at the shop before walking straight to the bun shop. The direction to the shop and his apartment is different, but he thinks he need some fresh air so he thinks it's okay.

 

He finally reach the bun shop. Right in front of the glass door, he could see someone that has bothering his mind since this morning. His jaw dropped, staring in disbelief towards someone inside the shop. And the most shocking thing for Luhan that he just realized, inside the shop, there's not only one person that had ruined his life, but there's two.

 

______________________***

 Sorry for late update, I haven't get wi-fi recently ;~~~~;
It's a boring chapter, I know, but it's their first meeting though.
Who's curious about 'him'? XD
New character coming up next chapter!

Sorry for my bad grammar and typos ;~;
And thanks for reading this late-updated fic >.<

Lastly,
Thanks!
- The Raccooncoon