Best Friend

The Story of Us

 

Woobin PoV

 

My life was always rough with love

Like a thrown away umbrella, I was always in cold, loneliness and serious insult

I tolerated all of these and got dumped several times

I was a wanderer looking for true love

But this one beautiful girl made my steps stop

My life has been an endless runway since I’ve engraved you in my heart

I’ve been reborn, into a red flower

(Leessang Blues-Leessang)

 

I heard my manager’s voice. He was rapping some lyrics that doesn’t feel familiar for me, maybe it was his own lyric since sometimes those cool words just come up from his lips. I was still laying on my bed with my shut eyes.  I just slept for about three hours since I just got back from work at 4 a.m. I felt so tired and I’d love to lay on my bed for the whole day today.  But it seemed to be impossible since today would be the first day of filming my new drama, School 2013. I was tired, so tired, but strangely I also felt super excited for today’s filming.

“Woobin-ah, have you woke up?” My manager said while knocking the door.

I opened my eyes then saw the clock that is hanging on my wall. It was 7 a.m. Slowly I got up from my bed and opened the door. Gary hyung was there, smiled at me.

“Sorry to wake you up.” He said, grinned.

“It’s okay. I already woke up since some minutes ago actually. Just too lazy to get up from my lovely bed.”

“Ah~ Let’s have a breakfast, then. I already made fried rice for us.”

I nodded then walked to the dinning room with my manager.

“Hyung, are you in love?” I asked my manager while we were eating our breakfast.

Gary hyung was choking because my sudden question. I gave him a glass of water and after calmed down he looked at me with a red face. I couldn’t tell it was because of the choke or because he was embarassed.

“Why you asked something like that so suddenly?”

“Well, I heard your rapping when I was in my room and from the lyric it seems like you are in love.” I put my innocent face.

“Well....” He looked at me then grinned. “Yesterday I met a beautiful woman.”

“Really? Nugu?” I was a bit shocked and very excited. I didn’t know that he really is in love. I was just guessing from the lyric but it seemed like my guess was right.

“Jongsuk’s manager.” He said shyly.

“Jihyo nuna?!”  Now I was completely shocked.

He nodded.

“Yesterday you went somewhere with Jongsuk, right? That time I had a little chat with her. I had ever seen her when you had a photoshoot together with Jongsuk but that time I didn’t pay a lot attention for her since it was a really busy day and I was tired. But yesterday I just realized how beautiful she is.” I could see his blushing cheeks and it was a bit awkward since I never see him like this before.

“So... are you dating her?”

“No!” He shook his head. “It’s true that I like her but it seems like she doesn’t have the same feeling for me.” He said with a sad face. I like my manager a lot and we are really close, so I don’t like to see his sad face.

I put my hand on his shoulder. “Fighting hyung! You know that I would always support you!”

He smiled at me and then gave me a sudden hug. I was startled at first but then hugged him back.

“Thank you Woobin-ah. You are my best dongsaeng.”

“Hehe. I know that.”

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

It was 10 a.m when I arrived at the filming place that took place at a school in Seoul. It would be our school in the drama, Seungri High School. Today I wouldn’t film many scenes since I will not appear in the begining of the drama. The scenes that I would do today are some scenes from Heungsoo’s old day with Namsoon. When they were still best friend in their old school. Speaking of Namsoon, I had not seen him since I arrived. I looked around the filming place, hoping to see him when I saw Jihyo nuna talked with a staff in front of  Teacher’s room. I walked toward her and then said my greeting.

“Good morning nuna. We meet again.” I said.

She was a bit startled with my sudden appeared but then smiling beautifully. “Good morning Woobin-ah. Did you just arrive?” She asked.

“Ah. Ne, I just arrived some minutes ago. Where’s Jongsuk?” Finally I asked my question.

“Jongsuk is filming right now inside the class 2-2.  But... why you are alone? Where’s your manager?”

I smiled. A bit happy that Jihyo nuna asked about Gary hyung. “He’s still in the car, doing something about my schedule.”

“Oh... Well, good luck for today filming.” She gave me a smile.

“Thanks nuna. I think I want to see the filming now. See you again later.” I said. She said ‘okay’ and then I walked inside the school.

After walked for a while I saw the staffs and the students of class 2-2 was filming a scene when Teacher Uhm did a bag check. I looked inside the class through the window and my gaze fell at a boy who stared at the outside of class from his seat. Then Teacher Uhm called him. He told that boy to get up and do searching through Oh Jung Ho’s desk. The boy walked toward Oh Jung Ho’s desk .

“You are not searching quickly?” Asked Teacher Uhm.

The boy started to checking under the table. He put his poker face but I could tell that he found something.

“There’s nothing here.” After said that, a box of cigarette fell down. The boy looked at Teacher Uhm with slightly worried expression.

“Bring it here.” Said Teacher Uhm with cold tune.

The boy picked up the cigarette and walked toward Teacher Uhm, Oh Jung Ho, and Teacher Jung who was standing in front of the blackboard.

Teacher Uhm looked at the boy’s shoes then asked the two boys to follow him.

Oh Jung Ho followed him with angry and annoyed expression and soon being followed by the other boy. Teacher Jung looked at them with puzzled expression.

“Cut!” Said the director. “Now rest for ten minutes before we start again.”

I walked to the classroom and patted the shoulder of a boy who was talking with the other cast. “Good job, Go Namsoon.”

He turned to me and give me a smile, “Did you watch?” He asked.

“Of course. Everyone did  a great job, I’m afraid that I won’t be as good as the other.”

“Nah, that won’t happen. I watched your previous work and it’s great.”

“Really?” I asked in surprise. I didn’t know why, but knowing that He care enough to watched my previous work made me happy. But then my happiness fade  right after I heard what he said.

“Actually... no. I’m just kidding.” He grinned and I locked his neck with my left arm.

“Ya! Let go of me!” He shouted but I didn’t care. It was his punishment to gave me happiness and destroyed it right away.

After a while I let go of him and pouted.

“Don’t be mad. Although I didn’t watch your previous work, I know you will do well. Believe in me, and believe in yourself.” Jongsuk said with a gentle smile. I looked at him and smiled back.

“Thank you.”

“Anytime.”

Then we walked to another room where Jongsuk will film his next scene. We talked and joked with the other casts until the rest time over and they start the filming again. This time it was a scene when Namsoon and Jung Ho was being investigated by Teacher Uhm.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

After some hours finally it was time to film my scenes. Both me and Jongsuk had already dressed up. We wore uniform from Namsoon and Heungsoo’s old school and the filming took place in a neighborhood near the location of Seungri High School. The scenes that would be filmed were a scene when Namsoon and Heungsoo got money from the drink machine and they were being chased by the owner, then a scene when they ate ramen together  and played arm wrestling at Namsoon’s house, also a scene when Heungsoo played soccer and ran over Namsoon after scored a goal.

“Ready?” Jongsuk asked me.

I nodded then we stood at our place. From now on I am Park Heung Soo. I said to myself.

“Cue!” I heard the director shouted.

I looked at Namsoon who was standing besides the convenience store, he would give me the clue to started our “project”. After he gave me the clue I kicked the drink machine and the money started to came out.

“They are coming out, they’re coming out!” I shout happily. “It’s a success!”

Namsoon also grinned while still watching over the convenient store, watched out if the owner came.

“He’s here, he’s here!” I heard Namsoon shouted while ran into me, an ajushi also ran behind him, tried to chased us.

“Stop you punks!” I heard the ajushi shouted but we didn’t care to followed what he said and kept running.

“Cut! Now we will film from different angle.” Director said.

After some hours we finished the filming for today.

“Good job everyone.” Director Lee said while we got together for dinner. “Now please enjoy the meal before we go home. Please take care of your health.”

“Ne~” The casts said at the same time.

I sat besides Jongsuk and we ate our dinner happily.

“How was today?” I asked him.

“Ik wah fum.” He said with a mouth full of food.

“What?”

He swallowed his food before speak again, “It was fun.” He grinned.

I nodded, “Ne, it was fun. Thank you.” I smiled at him.

“Why ‘thank you’?” He looked at me with a confused expression.

“Thank you for being my best friend, Go Nam Soon.” I smiled at him who seemed to be taken aback, then without said anything again I continued eating. I still could feel his stare at me until he looked away after a while and drank a glass of water.

I glanced at him and could see his red cheek.

Cute.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

Sorry for the late update. I was so busy these days u.u and I hope this chapter is not so bad because honestly I feel like something is missing in this chapter .___. maybe because it's short? 
well, I hope you like it. And please leave me comments and advices if you don't mind.

Thank you ^^