The Script Reading

The Story of Us

 

It was already two weeks since I was confirmed to be a main cast for School 2013. The reaction from netizen was quite good and it seemed that they couldn’t wait to watch the drama. Today will be my first meeting with the other cast and staff since we will attend the first script reading of School 2013. I was quite excited and expecting what will happen today, but my manager was two hundred times more excited than me. It was 8 a.m and the script reading will be held at 10 a.m but she already made noises at my appartment since 7 a.m. I didn’t think today’s script reading is a special event but it was totally different in my manager’s opinion.

“Jongsuk-ah..!” Jihyo nuna came to my bedroom with three pair of clothes. “Pick one of these clothes and wear it. Oh, wait. I think it’ll be better if you wear three of them one by one so that we can decide which is the best, okay? I will wait in the living room.” Before I said anything she had already gone.

I sighed then looked at those clothes. The first pair was a black shirt with a blue vest and shorts, the second was a red pollared shirt with black skinny jeans, and the last was a white shirt, a dark blue denim, a black cardigan, and a jeans. I picked the last pair after thinking for a while, Jihyo nuna asked me to wear three of them and show her one by one but I was too lazy to do that. Why should I do that if I already decided which one that I want to wear? After changed my clothes, wore my favorite black lace-shoes and did my hair, I put a little makeup to make my face look more fresh. Then I went to the living room and saw Jihyo nuna who was scanning me from my toe to head.

“Can I just wear this one?” I asked.

“Okay.” She said with a satisfaction smile. “Then, let’s go!” She walked but stopped immediately because I grabbed her wrist.

“Why?” She turned back and gave me a confused look.

“Don’t you think it’s too early? The event will be held at 10 right?”

She looked at her wristclock. “It’s already 8.30. Earlier is better than late.” She said then left me who was still standing at my place.

I sighed. I thought today I already sighed too much because of my manager.

“What’s so important about this script reading?” I asked myself.

“Ya! Lee Jong Suk! Palli!” Jihyo nuna shouted.

Without said anything I started to walk.

“How do you feel?” Jihyo nuna asked me when we were inside my car. She was driving and I sat beside her.

“Well, I feel fine.”

“Just fine?”

“A bit excited, but not as much as you.” I said. “By the way nuna, why do you so excited about it?”

“Of course because it’s your drama.”

“Really? But you were not this excited about my previous dramas.” I asked suspiciously.

“Really? Well, maybe because I will meet Woo Bin again today.” She smiled. I pouted my lips.

“I don’t like that man.” I said.

She looked at me with a confusion in her eyes. “Why?”

Because you like him too much. “Because he looks annoying.” I said. I didn’t say my true reason because it’s too childish.

Jihyo nuna rooled her eyes then back to concentrated on driving.

The event was hold in KBS annext and it’s not far from my appartment so we had already arrived after ten minutes driving. I walked into the annext and found out that only the director and staff who had been there. I sighed and looked at my manager.

“We are too early thanks to you.”

She just grinned.

“Jong suk-ah!” Director Lee Min Hong greeted me with a bright smile. I smiled back and bowed my head  to greet him.

“You come early. You must be very excited.”

“Ah... Yes...” I said. A white lie.

Then Director Lee looked at my manager and greeted her. “Long time no see Ji hyo-ya.”

“Ne. It’s nice to meet you again, Director Lee.” She said. We met Director Lee Min Hong at KBS drama award last year and had a little chat. Well, actually a little chat with me and he had a fun chat with my manager. They seemed to get along well until now.

“Well, let’s have a seat. The other casts will arrive soon.” He invited us to sit down. I sat on a seat at the edge of a long table while my manager sat on one seat of the row behind me, still had a nice chat with the director. I sighed then took a script that had been prepared on the table. I read it again while waiting for the others.

After a while the other casts arrived. We greeted each other and had a little chat. Unconciously I was searching for one person but it look like that person  had not arrived yet.

I was chatting with Park Se-young who will acted as Song Ha-Gyeong when I heard a—somehow—familiar voice.

“Anyeonghaseo. Sorry for being late.” As I looked at the direction of the voice, I found a man with a black shirt that was covered with a dark blue blazer bowed her head.

“Ah. Woobin-ssi! You are not late. We haven’t started yet.” Director Lee smiled at him and led him to the fourth chair of  a row seat in front of me. I looked at him who was greeted the other cast beside him and then... our eyes met. He gave me a warm smile and stupidly I was just looking at him without smiling back. We broke our gaze when the director who was sat at the end of the table shouted.

“Good day everyone!” He said passionately. “Today is our first meeting with all the casts and staffs. We will have a script reading and discussion about the story. Firstly, I will tell you that from now on we will always have a roll call before the filming started. Well, let’s start.” He looked at a book that seemed to be the attendance book.

“Go Nam Soon.” He started.

“Ne.” I said while raised my hand.

“Park Heung Soo.”

“Ne..”

“Song Ha Gyeong.”

“Ne!”

And like that he called our names one by one. After that we read the script and had a discussion about the story.

At 2 p.m the event finished and I actually amazed by the fact that I found today’s event was interesting. It was not boring and we had a lot of fun while discussing the story.   

 “Go Nam Soon!” Someone called me. Called my character’s name, actually. I turned back and saw Woobin smiled at me.

“Why?” I asked. Tried to put my poker face while actually I felt something strange tickled my stomach.

“Want to go somewhere with me?” He asked, but I was confused by his sudden invitement so I just stood there.

“Well, we need to develop our chemistry for the drama right? I think it will be easier if I started to know you better from now.” He explained.

“Ah... But I have to ask permission from my manager first.” I said, finally.

“Oh. Don’t worry. I have done that. She said she will driving your car so you can go with my car.”

“Ah... “ I scratched my head. “okay then.” I said with a smile on my face. Maybe it was the first smile that I gave him today.

He was stay still for awhile so I patted his shoulder, “Woobin?” I asked.

“Ah. Ne. Let’s go to my car then.”

I just nodded and followed him to the parking lot.

“Where are we going?” I asked after we were already in his car.

“I don’t know.”

I raised my eyebrows. “What?” I asked. Tried to confirm what I’ve heard.

“Well, actually I have no idea where we should go. Do you think of any good place?”

I shook my head. Actually, I want to go to my appartment. I was just too lazy to go to anywhere else.

“How about we go to your appartment?” He asked. I widen my eyes. Can he read my mind?

“Well... okay.”

“Where is it?”

“Just go straight until you saw an intersection then turn left. It’s about ten minutes from here. I will tell you when we arrive.”

“Okay.” He smiled and back to concentrated on driving.

 

----------------------------

 

“Your place is so simple and quite.” Woobin said. Now we were already in my appartment.

“Yeah. Let’s sit.” I said and then he sat on the white sofa in my living room.

“What do you want to drink?” I asked, but he shook his head. “No need. I already drank too much earlier.

“Ah... okay.” I said and sat beside him.

“What will we do now?” I asked. It was awkward honestly. Well, I just met him for two times and now he’s in my appartment. Then I remembered that he’s one of a very few of my friends that ever came here.

“Can we just talk or watch tv?” He asked. I nodded but then I heard a groan from his stomach.

“I think we should eat first. You may drink too much but your stomach surely need to be fed.” I said while looking at him who just grinned. “Do you want to eat ramen?”

He nodded.

“I’ll make it then. You can wait here while watching tv. Think of it as your own home.” I said then walked to kitchen.

In the kitchen I texted Jihyo nuna while waiting for the ramen.

Nuna, can you come to my appartment?

After thirty second I got her reply.

What’s wrong?

I texted back.

Nothing. It just... awkward. I’m in my appartment with Woobin.

Then I got her reply in less than twenty second.

Ah~ just take it easy. Get close to him since you are his bestfriend in the drama. Fighting! Keke.

I sighed.

“Jongsuk-ah. Have the ramen cooked already?” Woobin said while he walked to the kitchen.

“Ah. Yes.” I turned off the stove and put the ramen into bowls.

“Let’s eat.” I said while gave Woobin his bowl of ramen.

“Okay.” He was smiling then followed me to the living room.

“Do you live alone?” Woobin asked.

“Yes.”

“Where’s your parents?”

“They live in Jeju Island.”

“Woaah~ that’s cool. I always want to go there.” He looked excited.

“You never go there?”

“Never get the chance.”

“Oh...” I said.

“Want to invite me there oneday?” He asked.

I blinked my eyes. A bit shocked with his sudden question.

“Well... okay. If we have the chance.”  I said. After thought that we won’t have the chance to go there together.

“Assa! That’s a promise you know.” He smiled widely.

After a while our bowls were already empty. I leaned my back and patted my stomach.

“Thank you for the ramen.” Woobin said while leaned back too.

“You are welcome.”

Then there was a silence between us and strangely it didn’t feel awkward. We just... enjoyed the silence.

“How do you feel about Nam Soon?” Woobin asked without looked at me.

“I don’t know. I haven’t understand him perfecty. But I think I like his personality. I like him. He’s somehow reminds me of myself.” I smiled. “How do you feel about Heungsoo?”

“Same with you. I feel like he reminds me of myself. And actually, I envy him.”

I looked at him who also turned aside to see me.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because he has Namsoon.” He smiled while looked into my eyes.

I don’t know why but I feel like my cheeks were heating up. I turned my eyes from him and got up,

“I will wash the bowls.” I said while walking to the kitchen.

“Okay.” I could imagine Woobin was smiling.

At the kitchen I took a deep breath and hit my head. What the hell is wrong with you Lee Jong Suk? I asked myself. I took a deep breath once again then started to wash the bowls, tried to erased the memory of my stupid reaction toward Woobin’s words.

“He just said that he’s envious of Heungsoo because he has a bestfriend like Namsoon. It has nothing to do with you, Lee Jong Suk. So, just forget it.” I murmured to myself.

After finished and felt better, I walked to the living room and acted like nothing was happened.

“I think I sould go back to my appartment.” Woobin said while get up from his seat.

“Ah. Okay.”

“Thanks for today Jongsuk-ah. It was fun.” He smiled and I smiled back.

“You are welcome. Be careful on your way.”

“Ne..”

Then I walked him to the door. He wore his shoes and said goodbye once again before left my appartment.

I closed the door and saw my empty appartment. I felt like something was missing.

 

----------------------------

 

I planed to update the story on Saturday but couldn't do it because my parents and brother gave a surprise visit to my dorm. I had two busy-but-fun days with them and could post the story just now. I hope you enjoy it. And please give me comments and advices if you don't mind :)

Thank you ^^