Round IV

Like a Tiny Dirt On Your Royal Shoes
Please log in to read the full chapter

ROUND 4

 

It's 6 AM, and there were exactly two bodies sprawled over the desk in the doctor's lounge. It was still so early, the hospital started to functioning at 9 AM sharp- hence there were no people except the two of them and you couldn't hear dr. Kris favorite instrumental music (Sehun called it, "the killer lullaby, because it kills me mentally, thank you very much"),  hollering in the entire hospital, yet.

 

To be honest, Kyungsoo was pretty much enjoying Yiruma and Kevin Kern, he once twitted about it and got a reply from the verified Kevin Kern himself that the owl boy squealed and bounced all over the hospital to bragged about it- but it's pointless because no one knew Kevin Kern except dr. Kris.

 

"Who? Kevin Kern? Ah, the underwear designer?" Dr. Chanyeol grinned like a kid- a kid who absolutely had no idea about Calvin Klein and fashion world or Kevin Kern and instrumental musics.

 

"Oh, I don't really know instrumental. But I do know Super Junior's song from 2005 until now.", dr. Suho smiled proudly after giving a very 'fanboyish' answer.

 

While Luhan said, "Kebin-ssi? Never heard of him, but to be honest, his songs serve like lullabies for me."

 

"I've told you, Bugsy.", Sehun nodded in agreement at his boyfriend's words. Apparently nowadays Sehun loved to think that Kyungsoo was looked like the fat guinea pig from one of Adam Sandler's movie- thus the new and fresh nickname.

 

"Why do you think I always slept at the restroom cubicle?"

 

"Because you're too busy clubbing with Sehun until dawn and get sleep deprived?"

 

"That's right- and because the songs were like seducting me to have a beautiful sleep."

 

"-in a restroom cubicle? Yea right."

 

"It's better than sleeping in the seminar room or in doctor's lounge and get your head chopped off by dr. Kris." Luhan shrugged.

 

Kyungsoo shivered while rubbing his neck.

 

"Anyway, I actually prefered funk rock or baroque pop." Sehun suddenly said while yawning. "Since it's my favorite, I wouldn't suddenly fall asleep in front of patients while hearing that."

 

"Yes, or- or hiphop?"  Sehun's cute boyfriend added while doing some cool stuffs like locking and popping his flat chest to the imaginary beat on his head in a DH uniform, while Sehun was watching him in awe. He's a er for Luhan's dances- or whatever moves that Luhan's body makes.

 

"Sleeping 8 hours a day could also save your from dr. Kris' wrath, you know. It's easy, cut the clubbing nights a couple of days and you'll survive the lullabies." Kyungsoo stated the matter of fact.

 

"No no no. No can do." Sehun wriggled his finger in a cute gesture. "It's either sleeping in the cubicle or sleeping with eyes wide opened while standing. Yes, it's an old trick that never get old. I've been mastering it for the longest time now. Even dr. Kris couldn't tell."

 

Kyungsoo blinked at Sehun and his bizzared idea.

 

"Oh, I did that too, Sehunna." Luhan said enthusiastically while clinging to the taller blond like a baby koala.

 

So it's Sehun, Luhan, and their bizzare idea.

 

Kyungsoo looked at the couple and shrugged, mourning about his own mistakes for bringing up such topic to the identical couple. They're so identical that sometimes it freaked Kyungsoo out to the core- they had the same blond head for heaven's sakes! Yes, not hair but head- because they're practically one person in two bodies, hence the same freaky ideas all the time just like siamese twins.

 

"Are you sure you're not brothers?"

 

After that, Sehun and Luhan- both ignored Kyungsoo's stupid question- were heading their way to their 'not so secret' sanctuary (the farest cubicle in the rest room) and doing God knows what, while Kyungsoo made a promise to himself to never talked about it anymore for the rest of his life.

 

.....

 

If someone ever asked Kyungsoo, "What is your favorite day?", he will- with no doubt- answered, "Any day when dr. Kai had his day off." Because hospital without dr. Kai was like heaven on earth.

 

No one's whining about not having coffee in the morning, no one's standing in front of the changing room mirror for the longest time- that Kyungsoo's convinced he would break the guiness world record for someone who can stand forever in front of a mirror, no one teasing Kyungsoo and annoyed him all day long, no one nagging Kyungsoo for his homeworks, and the most important one was- no one will cornered Kyungsoo in a random place and sniffing him like he's a ‎​cup of hot and fresh brewed coffee.

 

Because apparently, it was dr. Kai's new hobby- or was that only in Kyungsoo's dream? Because somehow it felt real..

 

Two days ago, when Kyungsoo was practically sleep walking to the restroom in the morning- after two days in a row raking his brain with Sehun for implant oral test with dr. Kai, he was suddenly cornered just before he reached the door.

 

His sleepy eyes were refusing to opened widely eventhough his back was now connected to the cold surface of the wall. His hazy mind was too tired to cooperate. He kind of had a hunch of who was trapping him between the walls and his body at the moment though- because the warm fingers on his cheek and hot coffee breath were actually giving away the culprit's identity.

 

"Ngh- dr. Kai.." Kyungsoo moaned when the said culprit was sniffing his way along Kyungsoo's exposed neck.

 

Dr. Kai chuckled, amusement thickly lacing his deep husky voice in the morning, "How do you know that it's me, Kyungsoo? Are you thinking about me the whole night?"

 

"No, I'm cursing you all night long for only giving me two days to studied all the complicated journals." Kyungsoo was trying to wriggled his way out of the hot trap- still with his eyes completely closed because he refused to see dr. Kai in zoom-in mode. He knew that his mentor was really closed to him at the moment because he can felt his breath ghosting over his sensitive neck skin and his eyelashes was tickling Kyungsoo's jaw. "Why can't you ever leave me alone- even in my dream?" Kyungsoo whined cutely, his red glossy lips were pouting.

 

It wasn't good that Kyungsoo's cute humongous eyes were closed at the moment, because if he had his eyes opened, he would see dr. Kai's stiffened on his activity of butterfly-kissing Kyungsoo's neck. He really looked like a thief who got caught red handed by the owner of the jewels that he was trying to rob. "W-what do you mean, Kyungsoo?" He whispered to Kyungsoo's pink earlobe and blowed a warm air at another sensitive organs of Kyungsoo. Dr. Kai chuckled when he saw Kyungsoo shivered a little, this midget intern of his was so cute, he's sensitive and yet not sensitive at the same time. And this kind of Kyungsoo was unlikely knew about his secret kisses to him a couple of nights ago.

 

"This must be a dream." Kyungsoo moaned once again when dr. Kai suddenly decided to his neck, leaving a wet trail on his cold skin- because he wonder what will Kyungsoo tasted like because he's smells so good.

 

"And why do you think so?" Dr. Kai smirked because Kyungsoo did taste good too- like a mixed of honey, vanilla, and raspberry. Dr. Kai likes black coffee, but his favorite fruit was raspberry.

 

Kyungsoo was still closing his eyes stubbornly. Dr. Kai's manly scent with a hint of americano was dancing its way into his system. To be honest he was torn between opening his eyes and forced the 'somehow' hot- but felt good dream to end or kept his eyes closed and lived the dream as long as he could. It's save enough to say that Kyungsoo was actually likes all of these- dr. Kai's attention, dr. Kai's lingering kiss on him, dr. Kai's scent- afterall, it was only a dream right?

 

"Because it's impossible to have you here in the hospital in such an early hour- you're not a morning person."

 

"Hey-" dr. Kai frowned.

 

"And it's mostly impossible to have you here sniffing and kissing me like a puppy, when you have tons of fangirls and fanboys that will fall on your feet with just a flick of your finger- hence, this must be a dream."

 

Dr. Kai's eyes widened at Kyungsoo's naïve words. He couldn't help but stared at Kyungsoo's peaceful expression after he said the surprising words. He blinked rapidly as if sprinkle of dusts was hitting his eyes with a sudden realization. Leaning so dangerously close, he finally drank all of the petite boy's beautiful features- his thick dark eyebrows, his long and black eyelashes that fall beautifully on his pale cheek bones, his cute button nose, his chubby and pinchable pink cheeks, and..and his soft thin glossy lips- dr. Kai gulped at such gorgeousness before him. Suddenly he felt like he was having a butterfly farm in his stomach- and all of them were flocking around and beating his organs and even managed to make his heart skipping a beat or two.

 

Dr. Kai inhales deeply- an action that he regret later because that way, more of Kyungsoo's addictive scent flowing in through his nose hole and messing his inner mind even further. His palms got sweaty and his hand trembled at such a sudden Kyungsoo rush in his body, "I- I don't know why I'm like this either, Kyungsoo.", he was stuttering when he was finally able to answer Kyungsoo, "-but to be honest.. I kinda like it." Dr. Kai smiled warmly at the still closed eyes boy that he pressed against the wall. If not for dr. Kai, Kyungsoo had long fall into the floor actually.

 

"See, this must be a dream." Kyungsoo sighed. "Next time I know, you'll say that you cancelled the test today and actually give me some more days to study."

 

Dr. Kai's eyes once again widened in surprise, though it still can't compete to Kyungsoo's normal eyes, "How did you know that?"

 

Kyungsoo only smiled slightly, "Because this's a dream."

 

"Dr. Kris sent me away to have two days seminar in Incheon. I drove here before I go to check

Please log in to read the full chapter