Round I

Like a Tiny Dirt On Your Royal Shoes
Please log in to read the full chapter

ROUND I

 

It was like a dream come true, when a petite boy, who really looked like a baby owl with a pair of huge clear eyes from Goyang-Gyeonggi province suddenly got an offer for an internship as a young dentist in one of a dental hospital in Nowon Gu, Seoul. Do Kyungsoo jumped right away (literally, from his seat, with a self proclaimed-manly scream, because Taemin also looked interested) at the opportunity, once his senior doctor spilled it out without even thinking. What should he think about anyway: he got a job as an internee, free housing, free food twice a day, steady payment, and endless knowledges and experiences. He just had to endure the working hours from 9 to 9, monday to saturday, and sharing the space in the apartment with 2 other guys (who worked at the same hospital as him).

 

Kyungsoo was always a hardworker, love to study something new, and always opened up for new friendships. He'll be more than glad to be busy all day long than sitting around doing nothing.

 

So, can you tell the flaw at the arrangement so far? None. Yes none, because it's all perfect for Do Kyungsoo.

 

....

 

Finally, on a bright sunday afternoon, and the sun resembled a scorching hot - because it's in the middle of June (‎​‎​yea, summer)-  Kyungsoo arrived in front of the grey apartment's door with a 30 kg purple luggage that he successfully dragged up to the 7th floor by himself, because apparently the people he met downstairs were all old enough to be his grandparents (even the guard ahjussi). After a brief self introduction to the elders, they were all cooing over Kyungsoo's huge and extraordinary eyes for Koreans, and he successfully gained a group of fan-men and fan-women (because he shouldn't call people in their sixty-something as fanboys or fangirls).

 

707.

 

Kyungsoo matched the number in his text message from the hospital reprensentative with the number that was written on the door. After making sure it's the right number for the third time, he decided to push the bell button.

 

Once.

 

Twice.

 

And then the door swung open, revealing a black haired and grumpy panda man. Panda, because he had clear and pale skin, huge eyes with matching black eye bags, a white t-shirt and a pair of black baggy pants. Grumpy, well because he looked grumpy. He eyed Kyungsoo, his purple suitcase, and his black bagpack in silence for a full three minutes before stepping aside and opening the door even wider. "Welcome," he shrugged while watching Kyungsoo struggled with his huge suitcase. The panda man then lead the exhausted petite guy with protruding cute eyes crossing over a crowding-with-boxes hall. "Sorry, it's still messy."

 

Looking at the flying dust particles around the boxes, Kyungsoo knew that it already stayed there for God knows how long, but he's not going to judge nor saying anything except nodding slightly. Who knows if this grumpy panda man could kick his little out of their dorm if he felt offended.

 

Moving far into the dorm, there's already a boy, who had a pair of cheeks that reminded Kyungsoo of white yummy steamed buns a lot, sitting on one of the dining chair. He was chatting over the phone with someone but when he spotted Kyungsoo, he smiled brightly, spreading his white bun cheeks, his small eyes forming a beautiful crescent moon shape and waved his free hand happily. Kyungsoo nodded politely at the friendly gesture.

 

"That's Minseok." The panda man suddenly spoke. "I'm Zitao, and you must be Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo stared blankly to the panda man and only managed to blinked a couple of times as his respond (because how on earth the panda knew his name already, oh yea, must be the hospital representative). Zitao only stared back at him with the same huge eyes, except he had a pair of obvious black shadows under his eyes, and then continued, "You're really looked like Mort."

 

When he still got lack of responds from Kyungsoo (because somehow Kyungsoo was too tired from his trip to Seoul and his overweight trunk, that he refused to smile politely, moreover to think what the is mort), Zitao took the liberty to walk over to the fridge and jabbed his long finger to a freaky little creature- which had the same oversized eyes like Kyungsoo, smiling widely in a poster of Penguin of Madagascar that was pasted on the refrigerator door. "Mort." He kindly supplied and then lead Kyungsoo to his bedroom door.

 

Kyungsoo didn't know how to react to Zitao since he couldn't decide whether it was a compliment or an insult that he was addressed as a midget lemur on his first day in the dorm. He managed to murmur a polite 'thanks' to Zitao's retreating back though, when he heard Minseok giggled gayly over the phone with someone named Jongdae, before he shut his bedroom door.

 

......

 

The whole week went pretty interesting from there. Like chitato said, 'life is never flat'. So does Kyungsoo's new intern life.

 

The hospital was located in the 5th floor of a plaza. On his first day, Kyungsoo met a pale and looked sleepy internee with a teeth retainer in the elevator, named Oh Thehun (Oh Sehun without the retainer, though). Apparently, Sehun loves cream bread from Paris Baguette down the street and also 'giving out infos'. He's an unstoppable gossip machine with a faint of cute lisp (eventhough without the retainer), but Kyungsoo admitted, he's pretty helpful. Kyungsoo knew most of the doctors in the hospital even before they met them in person because of Sehun. The lisp boy know how to gave explicit and important details about people and the things that were going around the hospital.

 

Sehun got 2 mentors for himself, dr. Kim Junmyeon, though Sehun always addressed him as dr. Suho (just like his user name in Super Junior's fanclub forum- which is actually a secret- but Sehun always had a loose mouth and a need to annoy dr. Junmyeon), and dr. Yixing, who was obsessed with exercising but loves lays chips like there's no tomorrow. When Kyungsoo was wondering who will he get as his mentors, Sehun was gladly helping, "I doubt it's dr. Kris, he's too busy to be your mentor. Dr. Kris is the head doctor afterall and had so many surgeries that will lead us to tons of 'one-notes' to make.. but that's the least thing to worry about right now. And then there's dr. Lee Sungmin and dr.  Cho Kyuhyun, but they're always out for only God knows what-seminars, and only come once in a while on saturday. Dr. Lee Hyukjae is great and nice but you can't get too close to him because dr. Lee Donghae won't like it. So that leads us into two final candidates, and I think you're probably going to get them as your mentors."

 

And as Sehun had predicted before, Kyungsoo got the lanky, clumsy, with wide creepy grin but super kind- dr. Park Chanyeol and the dark skin, mysterious, with dangerous and intimidating aura- dr. Kim Jongin as his mentors.

 

The first encounter with dr. Chanyeol was quiet giving a special impression. At that time, dr. Chanyeol was browsing for some places to buy the best korean peaches when sud

Please log in to read the full chapter