SMEntertainment

Shooting Star

 

I stood there and glared at the security thinking about a way to get in.

Just then Mr. Park phoned me.

A small smile showed up on my face.

“Hello? Christine where are you? You are late!!” He spoke lightly annoyed.

“I'm really sorry. I have some problems with the security. He won't let me in.” I sighed into the phone.

“Aish. Jinjja?! Give him the cell phone. I clear this up.”

I passed the security my phone. He just looked at me with an asking expression.

“Who's that?” He looked at me annoyed.

“Just guess” I said smiling evilly.

Startled he takes the phone.
“[Yeoboseyo?]”

“[Is this the way you treat my guest?!!!]” Mr. Park shouted through the phone that even I could hear him. Amused I looked at the confused and surprised man ^;^

 

No One's POV:

“[M-Mr. Park?]”

“[Of course Mr. Park! Who did you expect?! Santa Clause?]”

“[I-I'm really sorry Mr. Park!]”

“[So would you let my guest in? She has an important meeting to attempt!]”

“[..She?]”

“[Yes, the girl who's phone you're talking through!]”

“[Y-Yes. I'll let her in immediately. Should I guide her to your office?]”

[No I already sent my assistant.]”

“[I see. My apology. I didn't meant to keep your plans back.]”

“[Just let her in. The guys are waiting]”

“[Guys?]”

[Aish. So troublesome. Yes the guys.]”

A grin sneaked upon his face “[She's on her way. Annyeong Mr. Park]” *bows*
The guard passed the phone back to Christine.
“Hello?” She asked checking whether Mr. Park was still on the other line.
“Christine? You can pass now. I'm in a meeting right now. But I'll be ready in no time. I sent my secretary to get you. Ok?”

“Yes. Thank you, Mr. Park. I'll be there in a few minutes.”

With that he hanged up.

 

Chris' POV:

“Told you I have a meeting?” I smiled innocently.

 

“Good luck.” The security said and let me in.

I stepped into a grand hall. I looked around and stunned.

It was amazing. On every wall in this grand hall, hanged big posters of different people..

 

At least I think that they are different people. I couldn't differentiate them.. >.<

Before I could even manage to find somebody to ask for the direction, a women in her forties appeared out of nowhere.
“Miss Won?” She asked.

“Y-Yes that's me.”

“Please follow me. I'll guide you to Mr. Park's Office”

“Oh ok. Thank's”

“No need to thank. It is my job after all as Mr. Park's assistant” She said expressionless.

 

We leaved the hall and went to the elevator. In the 13th floor we got out.

 

We went through a long corridor with many pictures hanging at the brown walls.

Although the woman wore high heels the corridor was filled with silence.

The red carped prevented the sound of every step.

 

The longer we went the more it made me nervous.

And the dim light in the corridor was not a help to calm down.

It made the whole situation even scarier..

We reached the last door. She went a few steps ahead.

 

It was different form the other doors.

It was a large double door. Very impressing.

I heard my heart beat really fast.. This is sooo not me. I've never been this nervous before.

Nah.. maybe I was the moment when I meet my favorite singer backstage. This nervousness was a good one. I was excited!!

 

But this was a completely other situation. And this time I was afraid. Even scared. Scared of this, what was behind the big door, in this scary, yet impressing building.

 

She pushed the door wide open.

 

I got dazzled.

This brightness that shined on my face was the last thing I expected.

It was the opposite of the dark corridor we have walked through.

 

In the small room stood a desk and a couch. I think it is the secretary’s room.

The women went behind the desk, took the receiver of the telephone and dialed a number.

“Miss Won arrived” She spoke “I see..”

She hanged up. “Mr. Park is in a Meeting right now. He'll be ready in a few minutes. Just sit down on the couch and make yourself comfortable. Can I bring you something to drink?” She asked and smiled.
“Oh. Would you mind to prepare me some coffee?”

“Of course not. I'll be back in a moment”. She chuckled and went through another door.

Silence...

.

.

.

Gosh... This silence is killing me. I'm nervous enough. Why do I have to wait this long?

Ok it wasn't this long only 2 minutes. But it felt longer..

The door next to the desk of the woman, flew open. I jumped a little in the seat. Jeez... this surprised me.

Out of the room a few men in suits came out. The last person leaving the room was wearing a gray suit. He saw me and smiled at me.

The men bowed to each other and headed for the door.

They ignored me and leaved the room with a happy expression.

 

The gray-suited man approached me. He smiled brightly. It was a warm smile.

The nervousness disappeared and I felt relaxed.

I stood up.

“Welcome to Korea! I'm Mr. Park. Nice to meet you. So Miss Won. Should we go in?”

“Ehm. Yes” I nodded.

 

I was surprised.

He didn't look like I have expected him to. He had messy black hair and warm brown eyes. His body was well trained and his suit suits him well. I know he was in his forties, but he looked younger.

He smiled even brighter at my answer.

 

We entered the room.

It was a modern designed office. The walls behind me and the one on my left were white painted. On the left wall hang a flat screen. In the middle of the room stood a small glass-table with dark-brown leather sofa's standing around it. On the other side of the room across the door was another huge desk with a black armchair standing behind.

But the best thing in this office was the view. From the 13th floor you have had a wonderful view over Seoul. I saw parks and other buildings. The sun was shining brightly and let the room shine in a warm light.

 

Mr. Park went over to one of the sofas ant sat down.

“Please take a seat” He smiled. Without hesitation I headed for the sofa across of his.

The moment I sat down the door flew open and the secretary came in. Btw… I still don't know her name. In my nervousness I forgot to ask..

“Miss Won, your coffee.”

“Ah thank you. Ehm I'm sorry but I didn't asked for your name.”

“Oh I'm sorry. Let me introduce myself. I'm Lee InYoung, Mr. Park's secretary.”

“Hi I'm Christina Won I'm the new...?!” Wait I don't even know what my job is.. o_____o

I faced Mr. Park who was chuckling.

“Then let's go over to business.”

Mrs. Lee bowed and leaved the room.

 

“So Miss Won how was the flight? Any problems?”

“No the flight was smooth. I was a bit surprised when I saw the chauffeur with this placard in the hand. I thought that I have to take a tax to get here.”

“Yeah. I thought It would be easier for you. Since you don't know Korean. Also it was cheaper than the costs you'd have to pay when you'd drive by tax. And I think the car I sent was more comfortable than a tax.” he chuckled.

“Yeah. I bet” I chuckled. “Thanks for that.”

“No problem. So tell me. Why are you in Korea?”

 

“Well. My grandparents told me about their life in Korea when they were younger. They told me that this was a wonderful country with nice people. I thought it would be interesting to see how it is to live here. Theoretically, I don't need this job. My family is very rich. So I have enough money. But I didn't do anything for this money. I just have it. I even have a golden credit card. I decided to get a job to earn my own money. Even if it will be especially hard, because I don't know the language at all. Still I hope that I can do this job well.”

He looked impressed.

“And one thing please call me Chris. You know, I'm not that old and I don't feel this comfortable with 'Miss Won' ”

“Ehm ok. Chris.. How old are you? I forgot to ask.”

I'm 16 right know. In September I'll be celebrating my 17th birthday.”

 

The whole room fell shady. Just one lonely cloud prevented the sun to shine into the room.

He knitted his brows.

This didn't mean anything good I guess...

 

“This could be a problem..”