Day 5, Don't forget me please

A week with your Future Wife

 

Day 5, Wednesday, 7:30 am
 
 
 
~Cherry's POV~
 
 
 
It took me  awhile before I got to realize that my Babo Unnie and her soulmate just announced that they're going to stay overnight to play with Taemin and me..
 
"It's gonna be so fun~!!!" Jamie squealed with Jenby while Taemin and I are nothing more but dumbfounded.
 
"Ano ka ba, Cherry pots.. Minsan lang ako payagan ng tatay kong mag overnight, pumayag ka naaaaaa~! PLeaseeeeeeee!!" Jenby pleaded..
 
"Eh, di pa ko nakakapagpaalam kala Ate at saka kay Mama.." I told them..
 
"Nakapagpaalam na silang dalawa.." Ate Addy suddenly popped out on the stairs and said that..
 
"Then it's settled!!! We're going to have a slumber party tonight!!!!! YEY!!" Jamie and Jenby announced while Taemin just laughed..
 
~Taemin's POV~
 
I don't know what it took me to realize how lucky I was to be found by these bunch of girls. Jenby and Jamie, the crazy pair. They do a lot of crazy things and make the group's atmosphere lighter, for Jamie her humor and clumsiness, and for Jenby her arrogance and confidence. Anna and Imee, the funny and violent pair. I had witnessed Imee's humor and Anna's violence especially when she's anywhere near anyone. Izza and Esmie, the quiet and talkative pair. Izza's more of a quiet type while Esmie talks a lot. And lastly, Risa and Cherry, The loving bully and the maknae princess. I think the description pretty much says it all.
 
Realizing all the good things that I have right now, right here, I couldn't stop myself from feeling aweful.. I felt like I had to leave soon which was just right.. I had a life in Korea.. I am an entertainer and singer. I have to go back there where my life was before I met everybody.. Go back to the life I had before everything else.. And it pained me the most... Knowing that my life would never be the same again without her..
 
"Taemin-ah.. Stop staring at Cherry.. I won't forgive you in case she melts with your stare.." Jenby nudged my arm lightly, her tone gave off the playful vibe and I was spared from feeling miserable anymore for the mean time. But it didn't save me from feeling embarrassed as hell.. I immediately felt my face and my neck heating up.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~Jamie's POV~
 
 
 
 
 
"I-.. I wasn't sta-taling~!!" 
 
It was cute how Taemin always wrongly pronounces everything every time he tried to lie. Or how he can't pronouce Cherry's name right. And how he blushed every time he knew nobody believes his lies and he's been busted for lying. 
 
"It's okay, Taemin... No need to lie to Noona.. It must be really hard for you to keep yourself from falling deeper for our maknae with her always beside you.." Jenby thick-skinly declared, making Taemin blush in a darker shade of red. And forcing Cherry to pinch her arm.
 
"OOOWWWW~!!!" Jenby squeaked due to the pain.. It wasn't always usual and common for our sweet and adorable maknae to hurt anyone but if anyone's capable of doing it then it would be no other than Jenby herself.. By spazzing and saying nonsensical things, I must say..
 
"Sakit nun ahhhh~!!!" Jenby complained while rubbing the certain part of her arm where Cherry pinched her. 
 
"Yan ang napapala.." I ..
 
"Nagjo-joke lang eh.. No need to be so violent." She continued to ramble, still rubbing her hurting skin..
 
"Ahmm.. We have Dance practice until 8pm.. You have classes today right? What time will you come home??" Taemin asked us but mostly looking only at Cherry..
 
"Maybe around 7 or 8 too.." I answered..
 
"Yeah.. We don't have to go home for our clothes since we already have them packed!" Jenby exclaimed excitedly showing Taemin our bags..
 
"Uy, Ano na?? Di pa ba kayo papasok?? Baka malate kayo niyan?" Cherry's Mom asked us and we all hurried to get out of the house..
 
"Are you alright, Taemin-ah?" There he goes again.. He always does this cute kicked-puppy expression better than anyone else I know whenever Cherry has to leave the house or whenever he had to leave for their practices.
 
"No... I mean, Yeah!! Be careful, okay??" It was painful seeing the cute guy have that kind of expression.. Like he was sad for being apart from Cherry.. As a friend, I am very happy for Cherry, knowing how much Taemin meant for her.. But it was getting scary.. Both of them are getting too attached with each other and we all know that after the concert.. Everything will go back to normal.. Taemin will go back being the Kpop Hallyu Star he is.. And Cherry will be left here with the rest us, being the normal girls we are..
 
"I didn't want to assume or be delusional right now but every time we had to part for our own activities, it always felt like Taemin was unconsciously telling Cherry not to leave him.. I've been observing his moves and he doesn't make that face whenever we had to leave.. ONLY WHEN CHERRY LEAVES.." Jenby seriously told me while we waited for Cherry inside Addy Unnie's car. I guess she's also quite worried about the outcome of everything since we both know too well how long maknae's been waiting for him and just how much he meant for her.. 
 
"Grabe... Auuggghh.. I feel like I'm watching a drama movie.. Ayoko ng drama.. Naiiyak ako..." Jenby said with a groan..
 
"Over ka.. Parang sure na sure kang magiging iyakan ang ending ng love story na ito.." I told her..
 
"Ewan ko.. Hindi ko maintindihan eh.. Sa sitwasyon natin ngayon yun lang kasi ang nakikita kong outcome.." She told me, looking out the window where Taemin and Cherry were standing..
 
"Wag muna nating banggitin kay Cherry.. Ayoko namang sirain yung natitirang mga araw na kasama pa natin sila.. Wag mo ring isipin.. Basta.. Kahit ano man ang mangyari, dito lang tayo sa tabi ni Cherry.. Kahit umalis man si Taemin... " 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~Cherry's POV~
 
 
 
 
 
 
The whole ride heading for the school was a very quiet one. I could feel the tension in the air with Jenby and Jamie sighing every once in a while.. I wonder what was wrong..
 
"Cherry.." I was startled when Jamie suddenly called me... It took her a few more moments before she finally spoke..
 
"Uhmm.. Wala.. Wala.. Wala....." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~Jenby's POV, 3:00pm, MIT Canteen~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was hard, pretendingthat nothing was wrong.. That you're not worried about anything at all.. Pretending that everything's going to be alright in the end.. 
 
It was hard not saying anything.. 
 
But what was harder than everything else is that forcing yourself to believe what's supposedly impossible..
 
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who couldn't focus on our classes the whole day because of overthinking.. Jamie was just the same as I am. Confused and afraid too at what the future will hold for us. 
 
"Ano??" Cherry suddenly asked me.. 
 
"Ha?? Uhh.. Wala..*shakes head*" I didn't realize I was already blindly staring at our little maknae.. 
 
"Anong bang problema niyo? Kanina pa kayo tahimik ah??" Cherry asked us both.. 
 
"Problema?? Walaaa... Tinatamad lang ako.." I reasoned..
 
"Iniisip ko lang si Jaejoong.. *sigh*" Jamie said, her worried eyes immediately being replaced with dreamy eyes..
 
With that our maknae continued talking to some of our classmates and we're left to ourselves. Jamie and I slumped on the table at the same time..
 
"Gusto kong gumawa ng something para ma-prolong pa yung stay ng SHINee dito sa atin pero wala talaga akong maisip na paraan para magawa yun.." I confessed..
 
"Ako rin eh.. *Sigh* Ano bang magagawa natin?? Eh estudyante pa lang naman talaga tayo.. Wala pa tayong kayang gawin.. Sa ngayon.." Jamie told me.. I buried my face on my arms and sighed..
 
"Balik tayo sa starting point after ng concert eh noh??" I asked her silently..
 
"Siguro.. Pero hindi naman siguro.. Naging magkaibigan naman tayo ng lahat ng SHINee members kahit nga si Manager Ahjusshi medyo close na naten.." Jamie assured me..
 
"Hmmmm.. *sigh* Anong gagawin mo??" I turned to look at her..
 
"HA? Saan??" 
 
"Eh di ba pupunta daw dito sila Jaejoong sa concert ng SHINee sabi ni Ahjusshi?? Anong gagawin mo??" I asked her again.. She suddenly blushed hard and hid her face with her arms.. It took me a few more minutes before I nudged her again for an answer.
 
"Ano???? Eto!! Tinatanong ko pagkatapos hindi sasagot! Oy?? Ano???" I said as I shook her..
 
"Hindi ko alam!! *stops shaking* Hindi ko rin alam.." Jamie said weakly..
 
"Hindi ko rin alam eh..... Sa tingin mo pupunta talaga sila?? Or kung sasama talaga sila sa grupo natin before, during at after ng concert katulad ng sinasabi ni Minho??" I asked her, burying my face on my arms again. Hiding all the feelings that had been bottling up inside my brain. 
 
"Ewan ko...." Jamie answered and staying silent after that..
 
"JAMIE~! JENBY~!" Cherry called to us suddenly, gesturing us that we're ready to go home.
 
"I guess we'll find out soon.." I said lastly and picked up my bag. Walking towards Cherry and Jamie..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~Taemin's POV~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Replay~! Replay~! Replay~!" 
 
"Okay!! Guys!! That's a wrap!! Let's take five and go to the next song, okay???" Choreographer Ahjusshi announced right just after we finished a song for our concert.
 
"Kamsahamnida~!" I shouted as everyone tapped my shoulder saying 'good job' or 'good work, keep it up'. Though panting, I stood up straight and walked to my hyungs.
 
"Good Job, Taemin-ahh.. You dance like you don't have an amnesia at all.." Key Hyung complimented me while giving me a bottle of water.
 
"Thanks, Hyung.." I accepted it with a smile..
 
"You're working harder than before, Maknae.. Is it because you've got a beloved and cute little girlfriend now??" Minho Hyung teased me, forcing me to blush..
 
"Have you confessed already, Taeminnie??" Onew hyung suddenly asked me with his arm wrapped around my shouler.
 
"E-eh??  I-i.. I ha-haven't.." I answered, biting my lower lip..
 
"EHHHHH???? YOU HAVEN'T?????" 
 
"Why?? The little girl obviously likes you too!!! What's keeping you???!!" Jonghyun hyung asked me exasperatedly, pulling me..
 
"H-hyung!! Y-you've got no concrete evidence to say that!!" I told him, blushing still..
 
"Oh, yes. We do.. Want us to narrate everything??" Minho hyung said, backed up by Key hyung, Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung.. Even Manager hyung stood with them..
 
"E-even if!! I just c-couldn't si-simply confess to her and tell her how much I like her.." I told them..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~Key's POV~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We were all bullying Taemin for not confessing yet to Cherry when suddenly the atmosphere got a little bit depressing after realizing one little fact that almost everyone forgot..
 
"I can't do this to her.. Even though Jenby had told me many times before how much Cherry loves me, even those times whenever I catch her staring at me, even if I knew just how much she likes me.. THERE'S NO WAY I CAN TELL HER HOW MUCH I LIKE HER TOO!" Taemin announced.. Everyone stopped whatever they were doing and focused on us, especially on the boy who was already close to crying..
 
"Because I knew, Hyungs.. I know.. I know we all gotta have to go back to Korea.. No matter what.. I know I have a life there that I have to go back to.. I have a family there waiting for me.. I have friends there waiting for me.. And because of those things, I couldn't bring myself to tell her how much I like her.. I don't want to be selfish and confess to her right now then watch her cry when I leave.. I can't take that, Hyungs.. I.. I-i.. I love her.." Even before Taemin's first tears spill from his eyes, Minho already got his arms around his shaking body..
 
"I can't do it, Hyung.. I-I.. I can't.." Our maknae silently and painfully sobbed on Minho's shoulder while he shook his head saying this..
 
I never thought that our little teasing would actually push a sensitive button on our own maknae.. But he's right.. We're not bound to stay here.. We've got to leave soon after our concert.. I haven't been thinking about our life in Korea.. All I have been thinking is about hanging out with the girls, practicing with the guys and teasing each other.. Looking at the other members, I knew they were just the same..
 
Jinki was somehow bailing his fists while biting his lower lip.. Anxiety shown on his face.. Jonghyun was only looking down the floor, obviously sad thinking about leaving.. Even our manager sighed in defeat..
 
"Mianhe.. It must be hard for you, maknae.." I heard Minho say and continued to calm him down..
 
"W-wait! We're already friends with everybody here! There's no way we can't keep our connection with everyone here right?" Jonghyun suddenly reasoned with everyone..
 
"We're not sure about that.. You guys have schedules as Kpop Hallyu stars.. And a very famous one at that! You're not just some cheap artist out there who can slack off and get away with it.. You all know that.." Manager Ahjusshi said, his voice strained..
 
"Mi-mianhe, Hyungs. I shouldn't have brought this up.." Taemin said, wiping his tears away.. 
 
"No, Taeminnie.. It's okay.. It's our fault for being so narrow-minded and selfish.. I'm sorry.." I told him, patting his said as I did so..
 
"HEY~!! GUYS~!! WE'RE HE--re..." Jenby suddenly popped out of the front door and must have felt the heavy silence and atmosphere around everyone..
 
"What's wrong?? Is there something wrong? Why's everyone so quiet?? Taemin-ah?? Are you crying??" Jenby hurriedly walked straight to Taemin and looked at his face..
 
"Omo! Cherry can't see you like this!!! She'll worry for sure!! Minho?? Can you take Taemin to the  C.R. so he can wash his face?? Jamie and Cherry just stopped by a store nearby to buy something. They'll be here soon so don't take too long okay??" Jenby said, pinching on Taemin's cheeks while she asked Minho..
 
"Okay.. Come on.." Minho nodded and pulled Taemin to the C.R.
 
"K-komawo, Noona.." I heard Taemin say softly before letting Minho drag him.. As soon as Taemin and Minho were out of sight, Jenby came to me with a worried look plastered on her face..
 
"What happened??" She asked me..
 
"Honestly, what are you going to do? After all this? After the concert? After everything?? What are you girls going to do, Jenby??" I asked her..
 
"Just the same as to what you guys are going to do after you leave, Key.." She answered me..
 
"We're all going back to normal.. We'll go back to being the normal fangirls we were.. We'll keep track of your schedules through the sites and news.. We'll continue supporting you, our idols.." She added..
 
"Don't you find everything so unfair?? After everything we've been through.. After being able to be this close with each other.. After being able to be close friends.. We all just have to go back like nothing happened and carry on with our lives.." I didn't notice I was already crying until Jenby wiped my tears off..
 
"Stop crying.. ALL OF YOU, STOP CRYING!" We all flinched when she suddenly shouted that.. Only then was I able to notice that Jinki and Jonghyun are already crying too..
 
"We're going to stay as friends... No matter what.. Even if you guys can't contact any of us.. We're going to stay as your fans and keep on supporting you.. So don't act like this will be the end of our relationship.." She said and patted my head.. I bit my lower lip to stop myself from crying further..
 
"Stop crying, guys.. Gwenchana.. Everything will be alright.. No one of us have the source to follow you to Korea but we'll all do our best in college to be able to get a decent job and visit you.. That wouldn't be so impossible now since we all know that some of us are in love with some cute guys in your group, Key.. Don't worry.." She told us with a wide grin..
 
"What's happening??" A soft little voice startled us all..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~Cherry's POV~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I didn't understand a lot of things from what they were talking about.. I heard Jenby saying things about us doing our best in college, getting a decent job and being able to visit them.. We only let Jenby go first because Jamie asked me accompany her to buy some snacks for everyone and when we came, we see Key, Onew and Jonghyun crying.. Manager Ahjusshi was teary eyed too.. Even some of the back up dancers.. I didn't understand..
 
"What's going on?? Is there something wrong??" I asked them..
 
"AHh!! Maknae! Wala! Wala! They're just practicing their acting for an audition to be a wolf in Twilight.." Jenby told me as everybody bursted into a laugh..
 
"You're crazy.." Key Oppa said and patted Jenby's head while wiping his supposedly fake tears.. 
 
"And you've got nothing to worry about, Cherry... There's nothing wrong.. We just got a little emotional that's all.. Don't worry.." Key Oppa assured me..
 
"Cherry??" Another voice made me drift my attention from everyone as I turned and my eyes landed on him..
 
"You got out of school early??" Taemin asked, quickly coming near me..
 
"Yeah.. Our last class teacher posted on the room that she won't be able to attend the last few classes so we're able to come home early.. We brought some snacks, want some??" Jamie answered..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~Jamie's POV~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was hard how not to speak about all the sad things in life but still have to face them in the near future.. I knew that lying and deceiving Cherry wouldn't make the future any better but worse.. 
 
"Don't worry.. She already knows.." Suddenly, Jenby told me..
 
"Ha??" I asked her..
 
"Alam na ni Cherry.." She said once again..
 
"Paano?? Sinabi mo??" 
 
"Hindi.. Tignan mo siya.. Kung paano siya makatingin kay Taemin.. Alam na niya.. Ngayon ko lang napansin pero pareho lang silang dalawa ni Taemin.. Pareho na nilang alam kung gaano na lang katagal sila magsasama.. Nakakalungkot.. Asar.." Jenby said, turning her back against everyone..
 
"Hoy.. Wag mong sasabihin umiiyak ka ah.. Ikaw na rin mismo nagsabi.. Magiging okay din ang lahat.. Wag kang magdrama dyan ah.." I told her..
 
"Ang echos nito.. Sinong nagsabing iiyak ako??" She denied..
 
"Mukhang wrong timing tayong dalawa sa overnight noh??" She added..
 
"Oo nga eh.. Pero hindi naman makakapagbonding yung dalawang yun kapag gabi kung walang overnight na mangyayari kaya okay na rin siguro toh.." I said, watching the two interact with each other.. Jenby was right. 
 
Our maknae... Cherry seemed like she's making the best out of everything that we have.. Making the most of the time that her love is still here.. I admired her for that.. 
 
Ate Chona and Kuya Richard came to get us a few minutes before SHINee's pratice ended.. We were all just talking about some random things and actually Jenby and I couldn't waste this opportunity to ask some details about the supposed-to-be visitors during the concert.
 
"Huh?? You're asking about the other artists??" Manager Ahjusshi asked us..
 
"Hmm!" We both nodded..
 
"Well.. Yeah.. I just received the list of artists that are sure of coming here so-"
 
"WHO???? Ahjusshi!!! Who will be the ones attending??!!" Jenby almost tackled Manager Ahjusshi just to get the man speaking..
 
"I think those who are sure of coming are TVXQ's Kim Jaejoong, Kim Junsu and Park Yoochun, SS501's Hyun Joong, SNSD's Taeyeon and Tiffany and F(x)'s Sulli and Krystal.."Manager Ahjusshi enumerated..
 
"O-ohhh..." Suddenly all of the anxiety and excitement Jenby was emitting seconds ago was now gone and replaced by nothing.. 
 
"Awww.. Di kasama si Changmin..." I ..
 
"Ang sama.. *frown*" She just said and watched SHINee dance..
 
The practice lasted until 8pm just like what Taemin told us and we immediately went home after saying good bye to the other members and staffs..
 
"Are you girls sure that it's okay to have a slumber party tonight? Won't you be tired next morning?? You still have class right??" Taemin asked us..
 
"It's okay.. It's thursday anyway and our only subject tomorrow would P.E. and it's schedule in the afternoon so it's okay.." I told Taemin while Jenby and I helped Cherry arrange the living room of their house..
 
"Sigurado kayong gusto niyong dito matulog??" Cherry's Mom asked us..
 
"Opo!!" 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~Cherry's POV~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Hey!! Let's play a game!!" Jenby suddenly suggested when we're all done preparing everything..
 
"What'll we play??" Taemin asked, titling his head to the side a bit.. Kawaii.. *spazZ*
 
"UNO~~!!" Jenby answered and took out some UNO cards from her luggage..
 
"Ready ah.." Jamie said, shuffling the deck and giving out the cards for everyone..
 
We wasted our time and energy playing cards, dancing and singing songs, trying to converse in Korean/Tagalog/English all at the same time and remembering the past few days..
 
"*sigh*The concert's coming near... Are you ready to meet Jaejoong Hyung, Jamie??" Taemin asked Jamie while his eyes focused on the ceiling..
 
"*smile* Heh.. I don't know.. Jenby and I have been talking about that for awhile now but we still have no serious plan on what to do on that day.." Jamie answered.. 
 
I bit my lower lip, remembering how close the concert's night was.. 2 days.. 2 days and yeah... Taemin and the other SHINee member's would all have to go back to South Korea.. 2 days more.. And they're all gonna leave..
 
"I heard that Changmin Hyung won't make it on that day, Jenby.. I hope you're not feeling bad about that.." Taemin said again..
 
"Ha?? Me? It's okay.. Maybe it's for the better... I know myself that I'm not yet ready to meet him.. So yeah.. I guess it's better this way.." Jenby answered, her arm resting on her eyes..
 
"You don't feel bad or anything at all??" Taemin asked again..
 
"No.. It's more like.. I couldn't take the knowledge of having him with me for only a whole day and I still have to wait until I graduate and find a decent job to be able to meet him again.. I can't take that.. When I meet him, I wanna be with him longer than just a ing day.. A day's too short for me.. I'm too selfish for that.." Jenby answered..
 
A day??  
 
~flashback~
 
"Chelli??"
 
~flashback~
 
"Good Morning.. What happened to you, Chelli??"
 
~flashback~
 
"Chelli-ah~!! Where were you?? We've been looking everywhere for you!?? Where did you go??"
 
~flashback~
 
"Chelli~!! Ketchup, please~!!" 
 
~flashback~
 
"No.. I'm planning on not sitting beside Jenby anyway.. I'm planning on sitting with you.. If.. If that's okay with you.."
 
~flashback~
 
"Good Night, Chelli... Sweet Dreams.."
 
~flashback~
 
"Nope.. I'll just wait for you here.. Don't worry.."
 
~ENDflashback~
 
A day.... Taemin.. He's going back right?? He's going back to Korea.. I'm afraid.. What is this??
 
"Chelli??" 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~Taemin's POV~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was shocked when I turned my head and saw Cherry looking at me with those sad eyes.. As if begging me..
 
"Chelli??" Her first tears fell when I called her.. I pulled her to stand up and hugged her tight..
 
"Chelli?? What is it??" I asked her but she only wrapped her arms around me, sobbing softly..
 
"Cherry.." Jamie and Jenby had also stood up, rubbing her back  or brushing her hair to calm her down..
 
"I-I'm.. *sob* I'm a-afraid.. *sob*" I heard her say, I pulled away a little.. She was a bit reluctant to let me see her face..
 
"What are you afraid of? Chelli-ah??" I asked her softly, my heartbreaking in pieces as she continued to sob.. My fingers wiping those tears gently..
 
"I.. *sob* I-i'm.. *sob* I don't.. *sob* want y-you to forget m-me..*sob*" Hearing those words, I couldn't help but hug her tighter. 
 
"Chelli.."
 
"W-when you go back to Korea, *sob* p-please.. *sob* Don't.. *sob* Forget us.. *sob*"
 
Every sob of her is like a needle pierced upon my heart.. I couldn't take it.. 
 
"Ano ba yann... Bakit kayo umiiyak dalawaaaaa.. Dapat masaya tayo ehh~!!" Jenby complained with Jamie..
 
"I will never forget you.. Chelli.. No matter what.. I'll always remember how you cared for me since you found me.. I'll always remember how you took me in when I didn't want to go with my Hyungs.. I'll always remember how everyone was so funny that even though me and my hyungs doesn't understand anything, we still laugh.. I'll never forget Ate Addy, Kuya Jerome, Utoy, Joy, your Mom, you Dad, Ate Chona, Kuya Richard and the girls.. Especially, I'll never ever forget you.." I told her, meaning it with all of my heart..