Messages

The Pecking Order [discontinued until further notice]

Junmyeon sighed and got off the bed. Last night had been... eventful to say the least. Something was up though - he could feel it somehow. He slumped down ont he floor and began rummaging through his bag in search of a certain communication device, finally deciding that it was high time to catch up on everything again. No matter what his cousin might do to him.

He was surprised to say the least when the phone switched on and immediately displayed a notice of a new message from an unknown number. Junmyeon had, after all, never been one to hand out his number to strangers.

"Dear Junmyeon, it is with great grief that-" He paused mid-sentence, flabbergasted and of half a mind to throw the thing as far away as possible. "Lay! Get the in here!" He yelled, and felt himself grow somewhat irritated with the younger's leisurely pace as he sauntered into the bedroom, chest bare and a towel hanging loosely around his neck as he patted his dripping hair lazily. 

"Well?" Lay asked, and Junmyeon clicked his tongue as he realised he must've been staring a bit. With a grunt he tossed the phone to the other, who barely reacted in time to catch it. "What?"

"Just read it." He snapped and was rewarded with a glare. The younger furrowed his brows together, but eventually started reading aloud.

"Dear Junmyeon, it is with great grief that I am informing you of the indefinite and immediate cancellation of your chapter, and those which were to follow. Due to certain personal and environmental and just plain mental circumstances, I will be unable to further update this story - and have been since quite a while back. I apologize for any inconvenience, and I do hope you do not take this personally. Much love, Fi."

A heavy silence fell over the room as Lay finished. Junmyeon watched with a deep frown as the younger began searching his jeans pockets and unlocked his own phone, only to toss it carelessly on the bed a moment later.

"Do you think she's serious?" Junmyeon murmured under his breath, leaning onto the still warm mattress with pursed lips. The other simply stood in place, trying to make sense of things most likely.

"I don't know. Probably..." He said with a long exhale half a minute later, and Junmyeon felt his stomach drop.

"And I thought she had so many good plans for the story too... now what's gonna happen to us and all the pairings who haven't gotten around to hooking up yet?" He pondered, and Lay shot him a wry smile as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Don't know... I guess it will all be left to the readers to speculate about? Or she might rewrite it sometime, like a makeover."

"Maybe... but damn, I was looking forward to the Hunhan - weren't those two getting awfully close?"

"Yeah, not to mention Kai and D.O. But hell, Taoris really weren't getting anywhere were they?" Junmyeon sighed and picked at a loose string on the pale covers.

"Mm. It's pretty sad now that Baekhyun and Chanyeol were starting to understand each other as well, I really felt like things might start working out between everyone, I mean once the police and them would step in and-" He slapped one hand over his mouth, peering up at Lay with furrowed brows. The younger looked shocked.

"The police? How the do you know about that? It hasn't even happened yet!"

"Well, I- I just- I don't know, okay?!" Junmyeon panicked, not wanting to reveal his very reliable secret source - though it was probably easy to figure out who it was by now. "Look, now that Xiumin and Chen got together, the stupid author was planning to ramp things up, okay? Send in the cops, have the factions mix because of the teacher's and government involvement, put in some more back stories and practically force one of the ships to get along by pushing them into a corner - the whole damn thing was going to blow out of proportion and then simmer down so we could all graduate in peace with a sickening pink atmosphere all around; the whole love is in the air and we'll never be apart again ery."

"...ery? Is that even a word?"

"...it is now."

Silence settled over them again as Lay dazed out, probably in order to properly absorb everything. Junmyeon pursed his lips as he draped himself over the younger's legs tiredly. He wasn't exactly happy with the outcome, but maybe that meant he'd at least be rid of all the bull and pointless conflicts that had arisen lately. 

Finally he felt fingers tangling gently in his hair, and he humemd in appreciation. He could hear the smile in Lay's scoff, and couldn't help the grin tugging on his own lips.

"It that the story won't be finished, but now we can write our own, can't we?"

"Yeah..." Junmyeon turned his head up, returning the bright smile on the younger's face. There was a sudden flutter in the pit of his stomach, and his eyelids drooped as they both leaned in, breaths mingling. and then he pulled away with a barking laugh, rolling onto the rug on the floor in a ridiculous fit of giggles. "No way in hell! SuLay is so two eras ago!" He squeaked, and despite the initial surprise, Lay soon joined in, laughing and shaking his head at the absurdity of it all. "Good thing Jongdae and Minseok haven't been together long; I'm gonna have so much fun breaking them up."

"You do that, I have a maknae to woo." 

The two looked at each other for another moment before they once more fell into a fit of evil laughter. 

This is where the real begins.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Please. Don't hate me. *sob*

~Fi