Intrigued

The Pecking Order [discontinued until further notice]

Chen yawned widely where he sat in his pitch black room, only the sharp light of his computer screen lighting up his desk and slowly burning holes in his eyes. It was already ten in the morning, but he refused to pull up his blinds – the morning sun had a nasty habit to hit his eyes when he did, and in that case he rather preferred the synthetic LED screen. As far as he knew he hadn’t gotten any sleep whatsoever, but he might’ve dozed off a few seconds at a time every other hour or so. He had no intentions of going to school though, so it wasn’t really a problem, but his parents had been pounding his door frenetically the past thirty minutes to get him to come out and get ready. If only they’d show a bit more compassion for this son of theirs who had to attend that school full of crazies.

“Jongdae! I’ve had it – get up right now or I promise I will throw that machine in the trash and light it!” His father’s deep voice rung in his ears for a few seconds, yet all he did was roll his eyes.

“You do that dad…” He grumbled, focusing on the screen again. He hadn’t pulled an all-nighter for nothing; the perks of getting into the school’s security systems were plenty – the best of which was probably the access to the security videos that were recorded by the very few remaining cameras around the grounds. Apparently they’d been installed to monitor the students in order to enable teachers and the police to take real action against the worst offenders of Korean law, which in a way was very oppressive and probably in violation of some other basic human rights law, but he wasn’t complaining – there were quite a lot of interesting things to be seen after all; the most interesting being what was going on in the library when he wasn’t around. He’d already checked last day’s recordings, fast forwarding in between the more entertaining scenes – such as first-years unknowingly wandering inside for the first time to be greeted by a book to the head or teachers getting scared and running off after a ten-second conversation with the third-year.

Chen frowned with another yawn, staring blankly at the live-recording. He might’ve been doing that for a bit too long he realized, as he started seeing clear patterns in Xiumin’s actions – a walk around the bookshelves to gather the most easy-to-throw examples, lying on top of a table and seemingly doing nothing, pacing in front of the windows, checking his phone every ten minutes and every now and again doing what he always does when someone opened the door. Was he being a creep for spying on the guy like this? In a way he did feel like one, yet somehow managed to convince himself otherwise.

“… Lessee…” He mumbled and opened a new window on his other screen, where a different room was displayed. The student council office was another of the few places where the security camera hadn’t been smashed to bits yet, and his eyes inspected the image he was receiving for a number of seconds before they flickered back to the former screen for a short moment. “Focus.” Chen muttered under his breath and forced himself to take note of who was in the office and who wasn’t. From the looks of it neither Kris nor Junmyeon were there yet, but Luhan was sleeping on the couch as per usual, and Baekhyun was doing something on his phone and shuffling in his seat. There was one thing that bothered him however, and that was the presence of Lay, who’d already made it clear he’d have nothing to do with it all, and a few familiar faces that he’d hoped never to see again. Though, lately luck hadn’t been on his side.

A sudden movement on the other screen pulled his attention to it once more, and he frowned at the scene. For some reason, and this time there were surely quite a few to choose from, Kris and his advisor had decided to pay the lord of the library a visit. The best reason would obviously be that Xiumin had been in touch with Sehun, but Chen was fairly sure that he was the only one aware of that so far since he couldn’t imagine any else could’ve possibly bugged the guy’s phone. Another reason might be the way he himself had acted towards the top dog, and everyone else for that matter, the day before. Then there was the deal Kris and Xiumin had supposedly made in their first year, which was obviously not working as well as it was supposed to anymore. Of course it could be because Kris was just in a mood for a chat as well, however slim the chances of that were.

“Jongdae!” He almost fell out of his chair as his mother’s shrill voice pierced his poor ears. Cursing under his breath he cast a last glance at the screens before finally, after a very long night, unlocking his bedroom door and trudging off towards the kitchen. His older sister scrunched her nose when they passed each other in the hall, but he’d already gotten used to ignoring her – there wasn’t anything she didn’t scrunch her nose at except for make-up or flower boys in the first place. If he actually had to spend time with her it might’ve been hard growing up with such a vain sister, but as it was he really didn’t mind their overly spiteful relationship.

“About time. I’m serious when I tell you I’ll throw that thing out.” His father grumbled when he walked into the kitchen, not even bothering to look up from the newspaper. His mother just shot him a disapproving look before going back to whatever she was doing on her notepad. Some family – pestering him with screams and threats for an hour and then forgetting about it once they get what they want.

Whilst waiting for the water to boil so he could make himself a sickeningly sweet cup of tea Chen decided to check two of his hyungs’ recent phone calls, just to determine if he’d missed anything important. Apart from a call to an unknown number from Xiumin and Luhan’s call to a certain graduate there was really nothing out of the ordinary. How he wished he could keep tabs on the other people in the group as well – pity they neither trusted him with their phones nor spent half the day sleeping so he could steal it for a few minutes to finish installing the program.

“Jongdae, water.” His mother alerted him, and he put his phone away to finish with his barely existent breakfast – he would’ve fixed something more, but he found he rarely had an appetite in the morning, today being no exception.

Without a word to his parents he slipped back inside the comforting darkness of his room, taking big chugs of his tea to get rid of the cloyingly sugary drink as fast as possible. Not much had changed at school the two minutes he was gone, and he found himself stuck pondering over whether or not he should bother going today at all. From the masses of research and other crap he’d had to do the day before he wasn’t exactly about to subject himself to similar torture voluntarily, yet his gut told him that he’d better hang around to avoid pissing his elders off too bad – he currently had no idea whatsoever what Kris was thinking about the not-so-nice way he’d snapped at him, which was worrying to say the least.

The short time he’d spent thinking however he’d managed to miss something. A quite big something.

“Where the hell’d they go?” He hissed and immediately took his seat in front of the screens. The three from the library had vacated the room, and he was almost punching his keyboard as he jumped between the other few cameras around the school in the hopes of catching them somewhere. When they suddenly appeared in the one room he’d secretly been begging them not to go to he groaned aloud. “Damn it.” He sighed, leaning his head back to close his eyes for a few seconds. Now that everyone were gathered in the office he had no choice but to get ready to leave home – he knew that they would call for him to come either right then, or once they figured he wasn’t going to come on his own accord. Besides, there were no microphones anywhere in the jailhouse, and he could hardly let the group have an important conversation without him around. Not without his permission in any case.

“Jongdae-“

“I know! I’m going already!”

//////////////////////////////

Lay rolled his head slowly, displaying his annoyance with a very sharp glare in Luhan’s direction. He was tired and his arm hurt, not to mention they hadn’t gained from the little mission he was forced to go on in the middle of the night. For the simple reason of letting this Oh Sehun kid suffer a bit Luhan had dragged him out of bed, literally, to join him and their five former upperclassmen on a trip to the first-year’s house. This was very much like Luhan, and he’d gotten somewhat used to it the past year and a half, seeing as he was always made to go with the elder when the guy wanted to get back at someone for something petty that most people wouldn’t so much as think about a second time – this meant that if it weren’t for the security system, thorny rose bushes and vicious guard dogs he wouldn’t be so grumpy right now. But those things were really all there, because apparently the Ohs liked their home and went to great lengths to keep intruders out.

“So… what’re you guys doing here Jinki-hyung?” Kris asked with a raised brow as he eyed the group of five, that for whatever reason decided to crash this little party of theirs.

“Luhan called us out for a bit of fun last night, but it didn’t go as well as we’d hoped. In the end we just want to know that the school is in good hands, so we’re simply checking in on you all to make sure you’re not struggling like he is – it’s really quite pitiful.” Lay scoffed at the statement, but chose to keep his mouth shut; he was already in deeper in the conflict than he wanted, and he didn’t want any unnecessary trouble with the outsiders either. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Taemin wink at him with a snicker, and the corners of his mouth tugged up a bit without his permission. Even his own body was against him today.

“We might be in a bit of a bind, but it’s nothing to do with you all. If you’d please, we have a lot to do.” Kris told them and stood from his seat, face frozen in a cold sneer. “I will make you leave if I have to.” A shiver went down his spine as the guy’s gaze met his for a second – the intensity of it was quite intimidating. Carefully he got to his feet, but was of course reprimanded right off the bat. “You’re not going anywhere Lay.”

“I-“

“Shut it. You made your decision when you went with Luhan.”

“He forced me to go with him! He practically dragged me outside!”

“Then you should’ve locked your ing door and set those goddamn traps of yours! Now sit your sorry down and stop running your mouth.” Lay grimaced at the loud scolding he received, not to mention the fact that the person doing it was ing way more than he was himself, yet he obeyed grudgingly, sliding back down on the chair beside him. A certain someone patted his shoulder patronizingly on their way out, and he felt a strong urge to snap at them, restraining himself only because Kris’ eyes were still on him. What ticked him off even more was that Luhan seemed to enjoy the situation – he was actually smirking where he lay on the couch. Smirking!

“Xiumin-“

“Already texted him, he’ll be here any minute.” What the library rat was doing up in the office with them was unclear so far, but Lay got a bad feeling from this third-year who wouldn’t normally leave his own territory. He just wasn’t sure why yet… though the smug look on the guy’s face might be one of the reasons.

“So… why’d you decide to show up here Xiumin-hyung?” Baekhyun’s question might’ve sounded innocent, but Lay didn’t miss the knowing glimmer in the informant’s eyes.

“We asked him to come, just to clear things up.” Junmyeon was the one who answered, probably because Xiumin didn’t seem too interested in doing so himself. Lay frowned at the answer though, feeling like he’d missed something.

“What have you not told me?” He drawled suspiciously and narrowed his eyes as he looked from one third year to the next – even Luhan seemed completely aware of everything that was going on, which was clearly unsettling. “Really? You’re not gonna tell me?” The informant snorted, still with that eerily knowing expression plastered on his face, but he didn’t say a word. The others seemed just as unwilling to let him in on whatever secret they were sharing.

The rattling of the office doors alerted them all, and at once everyone’s gazes landed on who Lay figured was the final addition to their little group of… whatever they were. He was relieved that he wasn’t alone in being left out.

“Chenchen,” He called lightly and said boy frowned, most likely at the cutesy nickname, but nonetheless come over to sit down next to him. “These jerks are keeping something from me… you don’t happen to know what it’s about do you?” At the ever so slight change in the atmosphere and the way the other second-year averted his gaze, Lay knew he was on his own – however he was also beginning to put things together. The last piece of the puzzle was the barely noticeable eye contact Chen shared with Xiumin; it lasted just a split second too long. “Well, you all feel free to exclude me if you want… I don’t really mind.” As he flashed a smile his dear, impulsive friend groaned and hid his face in the corner of the couch, muttering things that were just barely audible to them all. “Come now Luhannie-hyung, you know me better than that – you’re all being way too obvious.” He cooed, earning a glare from the hacker to his right. Well, maybe he shouldn’t push it.

“That’s all over and forgotten. We’re here to talk about your,” Lay glowered at the red-haired advisor as said boy pointed first to him and then to Luhan. “Stupid antics. What the hell gave you the impression that sneaking into someone’s house was a good idea?”

“I told you already, I didn’t have a choi-“

“There’s no way you couldn’t have refused.” Junmyeon cut him off, and he felt himself growing annoyed with the guy again. He’d almost gotten over the incident of the first day of the semester, yet the just had to go against him again.

“Were you even listening when I told you dips before? He dragged me, literally, dragged me outside.”

“Bull. That guy?” The other gestured towards the still muttering third-year stretched out on the couch, and true enough he didn’t look very capable at that moment.

“He had the five musketeers with him. Besides, he’s a lot stronger than he looks.” Lay involuntarily grimaced at the thought of a certain muscled graduate student, not being entirely comfortable with even imagining how things might’ve been done if he hadn’t stopped struggling after the two minutes it’d taken Luhan to force him outside.

“What the hell kind of reasoning is that?”

“Does it matter? You’ve already decided that we screwed up in the first place so just cut to the chase already face.”

“Yah! Respect your elders you goddamn brat!”

“Do you even know how things work here?! I don’t give a ing rat’s if you’re a couple of months older than me; no one does – you have to earn your respect here! And unlike you I have!”

“Only because you’ve been stuck in this place longer than I have! And I’ve heard your methods are pretty damn cowardly anyways – extortion and childish traps are far from worthy of any sort of respect you’d need!”

“It’s better than having none at all, and it’s obviously working since everyone but you knows better than to mess with me! Right now you’re only left alone because you’re friends with Kris, who by the way might very well lose this war, so you’d damn well better watch your back!”

“Are you a ing idiot?! You think Kris is protecting me?! That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve-“

“THAT’S ENOUGH!” They both jumped at the thundering voice, and Lay fearfully let his eyes wander to the leader of the group. The guy was fuming. “You two get the hell out of here or I swear to God I’ll wring your necks and hang you on the school walls to rot until your flesh falls of your goddamn bones!” Without a second’s thought he obliged, almost running out of the room, soon followed by the other cause of the outburst. The door slammed shut behind them.

“This is your fault cheapskate.” He turned his face to look at Junmyeon in disbelief.

“Are you still going on about that? I told you I don’t care anymore, didn’t I?”

“Yeah, but it’s clear you’re still holding some sort of grudge against me.”

“What?! I’m over it already – you’re the one who keeps bugging me for whatever goddamn reason!”

“You’re overreacting kid. I don’t care what you think; I’ve got no problem with you.” Lay narrowed his eyes suspiciously at the elder, who in turn crossed his arms with a huff, and tried to find any signs of him lying. And there it was; the other shifted uncomfortably as their eyes met.

“Sure you don’t.” He grumbled. By now he was sick of being purposely lied to, and frankly quite relieved to be out of the room – this meant he was completely free to leave. Finally something good happens.

“Hey, where are you going?”

“Away from all the crazy people.”

“Why are you so hell bent on not getting involved?!”

“Why do you care?!” They both froze as the door was ripped open again, and before either of them could protest they were being pulled down the corridor. Lay gritted his teeth to keep from cursing at the giant for gripping his arm so tightly, but Junmyeon was very vocal. He assumed that was because the two were close, but that didn’t seem to make a difference this time.

“I’m fed up with your petty fights Suho; stop pestering him.” Kris brought them down a set of stairs. “And you Lay, stop acting like you’ve got nothing to do with us; you’re not gonna get away from the first-years even if you do.” They descended another set of stairs and Lay was struggling a bit in the leader’s grip. He had a bad feeling about the direction they were headed for. “You two are going to take some time off from all the going on, and you will learn to get along.”

“This feels strangely familiar.” Junmyeon said with a frown, and Lay snickered as he remembered the reason the other had been brought down this corridor before. He himself however hadn’t experienced being pulled along like a ragdoll, and soon scrunched his nose in distaste at the looks and jeers of the students they passed. Fortunately not many followed them to the Haunted hallway. “Yi Fan, you can’t be serious.”

“Shut up.” Kris snapped, and Lay let out a small squeak as the grip on his arm tightened again.

“Look, Kris, you may not be aware, but you’re quite strong…” He trailed, hoping the guy would get the hint. Fortunately he did, and the blood flowed steadily through his previously numbing arm and hand again.

“Open it.” Kris ordered Junmyeon before shoving them both inside, the door closing with a loud bang. Lay rubbed the still sore spot on his arm as he glared at the metal object that was, judging from the scraping sounds and slight movements of the handle, being blocked from the outside.

“You’re being a Kris!” He shouted, and for a few seconds waited for an answer without getting one. “You happy now?” He snapped at Junmyeon, who’d made himself comfortable in one of the corners, his head leaned back against the wall and his eyes closed. He didn’t so much as bat a lash at Lay’s obvious accusation.

“He’s like that sometimes… I thought you knew since you’ve been around for a while.” The guy mumbled, to which Lay sighed exasperatedly as he leaned back against the door. No matter what he was going to maintain this distance between them, and he was going to stay awake this time until they were let out again. “The irony of being stuck in here with the same person twice. Fate is twisted.”

“It’s not fate – you pissed him off so don’t blame it on any abstract crap like that.” Lay muttered and shot the red-head a nasty glare, despite knowing the other could by no means see the gesture what with his eyes being closed.

“You’re acting like you were all sunshine and daisies kid – is there something wrong with your memory?” Junmyeon’s lips were curled into an amused smirk, and if he didn’t know he’d probably lose in a fight he would’ve gladly slapped him over the head a couple of times.

“You’re a devil in disguise aren’t you?” He huffed instead and let himself slide down to the floor. “Are you as annoying around Kris?” The other chuckled evilly at this, opening his eyes slightly to look at him.

“He gets the brunt of it – you should see his reaction when I hide his bible or ‘borrow’ that stupid cross he always plays with.”

“Let me guess, you were the one who forced him into that dumb religion in the first place?”

“He actually started after his cat got run over.”

“…Are you serious?” Lay asked with a raised brow, and watched a wide grin spread across the elder’s face. He got this strange feeling of uneasiness at how honest the other’s laugh seemed as it rung through the room.

“Totally. His mom told him Honeybun had gone to heaven, and that they’d be able to meet in the afterlife if he just had a little faith and was a good boy. God, you should’ve seen him struggle to read that stupid book – he must’ve spent at least five hours a day trying to understand it…” Just trying to create a mental image of this was close to cracking Lay up, but he managed to keep it to a chuckle. In the end though he couldn’t suppress his curiosity.

“Did he really name his cat Honeybun?”

“Their rabbit was called Sugarplum.”

“… Please tell me more.”

 

/////////////////////////////////////

 

Baekhyun yawned widely, arms stretched out high above his head. For a varies of reasons he’d been expecting something like this to happen, what with Kris’ short fuse and everyone else having some problem with another person in the room – himself excluded of course. The big bad leader had been gone for a full minute, Xiumin and Chen were having a heated conversation in the form of whispers and hisses, and Luhan appeared to have dozed off again. Baekhyun himself was contemplating over whether or not to sneak out as well, but with a fuming Kris coming back any minute he didn’t want to leave without a valid excuse.

“Come on…” He mumbled under his breath as he stared down at his phone, waiting for someone to contact him. Right now he didn’t even care who it was. Picky eaters starve.

To his great relief the thing went off almost at the exact same time that the door opened, and he held it up with a professionally faked apologetic smile, the blonde cursing behind him as he left the office. He almost felt a twinge of guilt, just for making the guy’s day yet a little bit worse… almost that is. Humming along with the ringtone as he dragged his feet behind him and started down the corridor he shrugged at the caller’s ID.

“Hello Tao, how may I help you?” He chirped, cocking a brow at the loud voices in the background. “You throwing a party over there?” The clearly exasperated groan that reached him from the other end let him know that that definitely wasn’t the case, and he couldn’t help but snort at the array of colorful swearwords and insults the people were throwing at each other. Well, he couldn’t say he expected those boys to get along in the first place so it was hardly a surprise.

“The hellspawns were really getting to me and making a bunch of noise, so I stepped outside for a few seconds to make sure I could hear Baekhyun on the other line...” There were a few seconds of silence and he thought he could hear a door close. “They were so loud that even the deaf lady from next door would probably come over to give them a beating if they didn’t shut up soon.”

“Glad to hear you’re all doing well. What are you calling about?” Baekhyun smiled into the phone.

“I wanted to know whether or not he’d spoken to Chanyeol yet; I sent him out more than two hours ago and he wasn’t answering his cellphone, so I had to admit I was a bit concerned seeing as he wasn’t in good shape…”

“That guy’s here?” He asked, as much to Tao as to himself – he’d have thought he would’ve known about it without someone having to call and tell him. He turned the corner slowly, and was about to start down the stairs when a familiar sound drifted over to him.

“I was aware that Baekhyun wouldn’t want to meet with him, but I was hoping that he could be a bit considerate – we could really do with his continued support-“

“I got it Tao, I got it; I’ll see if I can find him. Bye now.” Baekhyun cut off the assassin’s rambling and hung up. He was fully aware of the mentioned second-year’s whereabouts however, and followed the sound to the music room – grimacing at the out-of-tune melody that reached him from inside. For a few seconds he just stood there. It wasn’t like he was scared, not at all really, but he felt quite uncomfortable about trespassing on the other’s territory for a second time. Finally he in a deep breath, pulled the door open gently and took a few careful steps inside. The air wasn’t as fresh as last time since all the windows were shut, but otherwise it looked exactly the same… including the bloodstains on the floor.

“Would you close the door?” He jumped a bit at the low voice, but when he glanced over to the boy behind the piano he immediately thought that it was okay. He wasn’t sure why, but his gut was telling him that he wouldn’t be thrown out with a busted lip and bump on his head this time. Maybe it was because of the polite tone of the guy’s voice.

“So, you don’t want me out today… did Tao teach you to play nice?” Baekhyun asked over the music, marveling at the reaction he got from the simple question. The guy he’d thought to be nothing more than a robot – cold and unfriendly – actually laughed. It was just a chuckle, low and short, but it caught him completely off guard.

“Sorry about last time; I was in a bad mood.” This new attitude was making Baekhyun suspicious, yet as Chanyeol flashed another brilliant smile, although it seemed slightly forced, he let out a deep sigh and smiled back. An apology was an apology after all, and he was still a bit curious about the other. Besides, unlike a certain third-year he’d never been one for holding grudges.

“What are you here for then?” He tried to ask lightly, but it ended up a little bit stiff. After quickly wiping the worst dust off one of the chairs he took a seat by one of the dirty windows, leaning his head against it and closing his eyes. He was still waiting for an answer, but wasn’t sure he wanted to press the other for it, and so simply tried to enjoy the music – only it sounded worse now that he really focused on it.

“Tao made me leave, said he wanted me to look for information.” The music ended abruptly, and Baekhyun opened his eyes a bit to glance over at the lanky boy, who was now resting his head on the edge of the piano. “They’ve taken oven my apartment and there’s nothing I can do about it…”

“Weren’t you the one who got them all together?”

“Yeah, but it wasn’t like I knew them – if I did I would’ve thought twice about making this stupid alliance; they’re demons. I just hope Tao works them so hard that they’ll be too tired to fight when I get back…” Baekhyun let out a breathy laugh as he thought back on the short phone call he’d gotten a few minutes earlier.

“I wouldn’t get my hopes up if I were you.” He murmured, grinning at Chanyeol’s near miserable groan.

“Tao called you?”

“Yeah, and at the right time too; got me out of Kris’ meeting.”

“…Who’s side are you even on?” The incredulous look the other gave him was strangely amusing, and not even remotely reminiscent of the straight face he’d kept the first time they met. Baekhyun shrugged at the question however and peered out at the schoolyard.

“My own I guess…” He mumbled and shifted his gaze upwards. The sky was clear today, blue with a few wisps of white. He always ended up all spaced out if he thought too long about his own role in things. He liked to think he was on good terms with most people, but then there’s this feeling… “People call me the walking neutral zone you know – I don’t really side with anyone, but everyone has my back if something happens.”

“Damn convenient…” Chanyeol grumbled, to which he chuckled wryly. Maybe it was. No, it definitely was, that’s why he went down that road in the first place. It had some serious downsides though, but it’s nothing he’d really share with others.

“It’s pretty boring from time to time though – I know a lot but no one lets me in on all the details. Of course I can figure things out on my own, but most of the time there’s no use in doing it since I can’t dish out too much information on anyone; gotta stay unbiased. I’m done the minute I mess up.”

“Guess you don’t have it easy either huh?” Their eyes met for a few seconds, the same wary and wry expressions written on both of their faces. Baekhyun sighed, and they both turned to look outside.

“I guess not.” He breathed, and the silence settled over them. He wouldn’t say it was comfortable, in a way it was almost on the awkward end of things, but it was still sort of nice. Was it because he was so used to being around chatty people? He wasn’t exactly the quiet type himself either.

Out of the corner of his eye he caught a glimpse of Chanyeol turning back to the grand piano with a small smile, and soon the off-pitch music filled the room again. It made it easier for him to relax, despite a nagging voice in the back of his mind that was telling him to leave already. It felt good to not have to think about all the serious stuff that was happening, and for a while he let himself slip away from reality.

“I know this song.” He mumbled when the melody changed for the umpteenth time, and watched as Chanyeol’s lips tugged into a small smile.

“It’s good, right?”

“… Yeah...”

Baekhyun had just closed his eyes again when his phone rang, and he fumbled with it for a few seconds before sending the call to voicemail. The other had stopped playing from the interruption already, and he shot him an apologetic smile.

“That’s my cue.”

“Oh, right.”

“I’ll… see you around I guess. Don’t let the kids run you over.” Baekhyun teased as he made his way towards the door.

“Ah, wait!” Chanyeol was suddenly next to him fiddling with his phone and making a bothered face. He waited a bit more patiently than he probably would have normally, but he blamed it on the drowsiness he felt from being in the warm room and listening to soothing music for too long. “Give me your number?”

“Huh?” He furrowed his brows at the sudden request.

“Sorry, it’s just that Tao hates using the phone – you might’ve noticed – so I just thought it’d be better if you called me instead now that we’re cool.” Baekhyun held back a laugh at the embarrassed expression on the tall boy’s face, but nonetheless exchanged phones with him to enter his number. “Thanks.”

“No problem. And don’t hesitate to call if there’s anything – I’ll see what I can do to help.” He offered with a smile, and the other grinned back with what Baekhyun would classify as satisfaction. He decided not to point that out however, and turned to leave again.

“Don’t sell us out now, alright?” Chanyeol called to him, and he kept walking with a simple snicker.

“Don’t worry about that – you just go reclaim your place from those brats of yours.”

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Phew~ Finally~! I was starting to piss myself off for not finishing this sooner, but I just had to start over from scratch once because it all became so unfocused and weird, not to mention our dear boys' comeback (!!!) (can someone please tell me why everyone hates wolf btw?) has had me bouncing up and down in my seat like a hippo-baby on crack.

Anyhow, this chapter was fairly eventful, right? And some scary was exposed about Chennie and Kris. No but really, I had some struggles with this chapter, and I do apologize for the very! later update... I will try my best not to take so long this time, and if I do I will shoot a video of myself eating a spoonful of cinnamon, just because it is not physically possible to do it. No but really, I will update within a week.

Many thanks and kisses and hugs and hearts to all you subscribers~! <3<3<3 Special thanks to commentists because you just brighten my days with your opinions and encouraging words~ ó3ò *smooch* <3<3<333 

Now, what do you want to see next chapter? More of school or a day with the hellspawn first-year darlings? Note: I'm asking but not really, I'll eventually end up writing what I feel like because I'm just that selfish; sorry. * face* 

Alright, well, I'll stop talking... writing... whatever. *whistles for Lay* Giddy-up! >3<

~Fi