Chapter 8

7 Years of Love

 

So the real problems starts when jaejoong invite everyone to the family dinner. By everyone means leeteuk and heechul, yesung and ryeowook with their son, changmin and siwon. Yes, siwon. She had listened to kyuhyun’s blabber about the man weird behavior around her and siwon seems that he doesn’t like changmin. The old woman might have not met siwon for a long time, but judging by her oblivious daughter stories, she knows that siwon tried to win her back.

That’s when she come up with a ‘brilliant’ plan to have a family dinner and invite kyuhyun’s friends. Of course she had informed her husband, yunho about the plan. Yunho was surprised that she want to invite siwon along, but he just shrugged it away, not wanting to get to the bad side of her wife for being declined. She wants to see how far siwon willing to go.

So here she is, inside her daughter’s room, searching through her contact lists for siwon’s phone number.

‘ah found it’, she said slowly, not wanting to wake her daughter. She copy the number to her phone and slowly walk out of the room to the kitchen and call siwon. After a few ringing, siwon finally answer.

‘hello choi siwon speaking’

‘hello Siwon. This is mrs park.. hmm kyuhyun’s mother’

‘oh! Hello mrs park. Err what can I do for you?’, siwon nearly spilled the coffee he had been drinking when he recognized the voice on the other line.

‘ I would like you to come to our family dinner tomorrow at 8 o’clock. Do you think you can make it?’

‘ sure but may I know why?’, siwon is confused by the current situation. Her mother invite me to their house. It means I will meet her father, leeteuk-shii and heechul-shii too?! Oh !

‘it’s been a long time since I last saw you dear. Kyuhyun told me about you. You don’t have to worry, no hard feeling from me. Well at least me, I don’t know about the other’

Siwon didn’t have the heart to resist Mrs. Park invitation. The old woman has always been nice to him when he is still their son-in-law.

‘yes mrs. Park. I would love to go to your family dinner’, siwon said, smiling.

‘oh wonderful! I will wait for you. It’s the same house, you still remember?’

‘yes, I do’

‘ok great then, see you tomorrow. Bye’

‘bye mrs. Park’

 

The next day

 

Kyuhyun know that her mother invite her friends for the family dinner, but she totally didn’t expect Choi Siwon would be standing infront of her house, looking unreasonably handsome.

‘oh siwon! You’re here, good. Come in, come in.’, suddenly kyuhyun hear her mother voice behind her. She turn around while giving jaejoong a skeptical look which being ignored by her.

Upon hearing the unexpected name, everyone in the living room turn their head from the tv to the front door. They could see Mrs. Park is hugging siwon while the-still-shocked kyuhyun is just standing beside her mother. Leeteuk stand up from his seat and walk to her sister. He also can’t believe that siwon is standing right inside his house. And what more he can’t believe that his mother seems to welcome the man.

Leeteuk look at kyuhyun for some sort of explanation. Kyuhyun just shook her head while blinking her eyes. He quickly grab kyuhyun and drag her to the kitchen. Not long after, changmin, heechul, yesung and ryeowook also come – almost running -  to the kitchen. Seungri were left behind in the hand of Mr. Park. Jaejoong had told them that they will have a special guest joining them. They didn't expect siwon to be the special guest.

‘what is he doing here?!’ heechul as always been the first to break the silence, ask while tapping her chin. This time her question being totally directed to the innocent kyuhyun.

‘I don’t know. I was about to ask the same question to you too. I thought umma said something about bringing siwon along’, they could see that kyuhyun is panicked by unexpected event.

‘I think jae umma had done something without us knowing’, changmin said what he thought. Seeing Mrs. Park been very welcoming to siwon, as she is expected to see the man here.

‘if she was the one that invited siwon here so.. how did she get his phone number?’, ask the confused ryewook while looking back and forth to kyuhyun and her husband. Yesung just shrugged his shoulder. Both of them were shocked by siwon sudden appearance.

‘umma’,  kyuhyun said suddenly.

‘what?’ leeteuk ask.

‘yesterday when I woke up, I was looking for my phone. I was sure I put it on my bedside table but when I woke up, it is next to me. On my pillow. Umma must have gone through my contacts!’ she exclaim while shaking yesung’s shoulder, who has been standing next to her. Yesung just pat her back.

‘oh good you’re already here. Hungry huh?’, Mrs. Park voice can be hear behind them. All of them turn to the source of voice and could see the blameless siwon, Mr. Park who was trying to avoid the accuse stare while holding the giggling seungri and Mrs. Park joyful face.

‘well what are you guys waiting for. Take a seat.’ Mrs. Park ushered all of them to their respective seat.

Yunho seat at the head of the table. On his left seat his unexpected guest, siwon. And next to siwon is leeteuk, much to the latter dislike. Next to leeteuk is yesung. Seungri is back to ryeowook’s arm and sitting comfortably between his parents.

On yunho’s right seat his lovely wife. Next to her is her daughter. Heechul who choose to seat next kyuhyun, is keeping a curious gaze to siwon. Changmin choose to keep his gaze to seungi who is sitting infront of her.

Right now, the ladies on the house seats is empty. Jaejoong, kyuhyun, heechul and ryeowook are walking in and out of the kitchen to prepare the food. Siwon keep looking at kyuhyun and that makes her uncomfortable. Tsk he’s being too obvious.

Although the atmosphere is really uncomfortable, but siwon had to praise Mrs. Park cooking when he had a taste of her kimchi. When he is still part of the family, he would have finished 2 bowls of Mrs. Park kimchi. Sometime kyuhyun is jealous of her mother because siwon would never finish until 2 bowls of her kimchi. Remembering that made siwon chuckle slightly. Everyone at the table look at him like he is crazy or something. He quickly apologized and clear his throat.

Mrs. Park had cooked Bean Sprout Soup, Seasoned Spinach, Stir Fried Korean Noodles, Braised Short Ribs that make siwon drool, Broiled Salmon with Soy Honey Glaze and Barley Tea that is very refreshing.

Kyuhyun who is serving her father, look around the table and can’t help but pinch the man side after she knows that the man had agreed to invite siwon. The unexpected pain on his waist make yunho choke on his drink. He throw his daughter an accusing stare.

‘omo yeobo! Are you okay?’, Mrs. Park ask while looking worriedly at her husband.

‘yes, yes. I’m fine honey’, he quickly reply. He look at kyuhyun and widen his eyes, but kyuhyun didn’t budge. Somehow, everyone at the table except for siwon and Mrs. Park knows that it is part of kyuhyun’s revenge.

After an hour, the dinner finally over. The yewook family had excuse themselves stating that seungri is sleepy. Yesung had kissed kyuhyun cheeks and that made siwon clench his jaw.

Ryeowook doesn’t seem to mind! Her husband kiss another woman infront of her! Oh wait I forgot. All of them are bestfriends.

‘hyung, can you drop me at my house?’, changmin ask after seeing yesung is walking towards the car. After getting a nod from ryeowook, he agreed ‘sure, come on’.

Changmin grin and walk towards Mrs. Park to thank her for the dinner. Then he walk to heechul to give the diva a kiss on her cheek. That action made leeteuk who is standing next to heechul, flailed his arm to changmin like an unwanted fly. Heechul just roll her eyed while muttering under her breath ‘stupid boys’. Then he went to kyuhyun and give her a tight hug.

‘changmin, can’t breath’, kyuhyun almost choke. Changmin let her go and laugh when he see kyuhyun red face and pinch those bubbly cheek. He kiss kyuhyun cheek and give a firm nod to Mr. Park and siwon.

Never in his entire life siwon felt like to kill someone until there is no traces left. He glare at changmin retreating figure before he also bid his goodbye to the park family and kyuhyun.

‘thank you for inviting me to dinner Mrs. Park’, siwon notice the glare kyuhyun, heechul and leeteuk gave to her.

‘oh it’s nothing dear. I had fun with you. Come again after this., that sentence catch kyuhyun attention successfully.

‘umma, siwon is always busy okay. He has work to do.’, kyuhyun said.

‘eh how did you know his busy?’, kyuhyun face turn red like a tomato that siwon had to suppressed a chuckle at her cuteness. After he said goodbyes to the family, he went inside his audi and drove his house.

Back at the family house, kyuhyun feel annoyed by her mother. Well she not the only one, heechul starts to complain to leeteuk who could only nod. Their father quickly climb the stairs to avoid any drama that was about to happen in the living room. Good luck leeteuk. He silently cheer for the only man that was left in the living room.

‘umma! How could you invite siwon without telling me first!’, kyuhyun starts to stamp her feet like a little child  and whine to her mother. Jaejoong rolled her eyes before she said, ‘does it make any difference if I inform you first?’

‘yes! I could have been ready’

‘ready for what?’

‘ready not to look completely surprise infront of him. I probably look stupid just now’, she pout at her mother.

‘well yeah, your expression is priceless’, her mother said follow by a loud laugh from the living room.

‘oppa!! Unnie!!’

 


 

so how is it? happy reading!! :)