Chapter 9

7 Years of Love

 

He felt really happy after dinner last night. Choi Siwon is currently sitting in his office and staring at the document in his hands that he was supposed to sign a while ago, while smiling like an idiot. He still remember how beautiful kyuhyun looked last night.

A knock at the door snap him out of his daydreaming. Victoria, his secretary walk in with her journal book, looking very annoyed. Victoria, or Vic as siwon call her, is his old friend from college. She stomped to his desk and siwon could see that she try to calm down from releasing her anger at him. He raised a brow looking at her state.

As if sensing siwon stares at her, she look up and shrugged, ‘bad day’.

Nodding, siwon ask her about the agenda for today.

‘well there’s nothing really except you have a meeting with Mr. Ahn Chil Hyun for further discussion about the new hotel we’re working on’

‘when and where?’

‘4 pm at Sejong Hotel’, she said while closing the book in her hands. She looked up at siwon and continued, ‘that’s all. Is there anything else?’

‘nope. You can go now, thanks’, siwon said and smile at her. Victoria bow and was about to leave the room when she remember about something.

‘oh by the way, you do remember that we will have our office Family Day this Saturday right?’, she ask.

Siwon groan while rubbing his hand on his face, ‘I totally forgot about that.’

Smirking at him, Victoria said ‘well that’s not the worst part. Since it’s a family day, you have to bring someone. I know you have lost your parents and a wife’ she mutter the last part but siwon could still heard her, he choose not to say anything however, ‘…but you still have to bring someone’

‘what? Why?’, he whine at her. Why should I bring someone? It’s not like it will effected anyone.

‘like I said, it’s a family day. Even if you didn’t have anyone to call a family, bring someone you close with. Like me. Since my parents is in China, I’ll bring my boyfriend with me’, she said while smiling, thinking about her boyfriend. Gosh she can’t wait to get home tonight so that finally she could have some quality time with him after a bad day at the office. ‘and beside, we will held it at the amusement park. You will look stupidly embarrassing for being alone. Who would want to be alone at an amusement park, right?’

Siwon frown at her choice of words. He finally sigh as he thought of the true of her words.

But who will I bring? Ahh of course I’ll bring her

Siwon is lost in his daydreaming that he didn’t realize the sudden smile on his face or the weird look Victoria gave him. She is taken aback when siwon smile dreamily, look so happy. She suddenly felt curios. What had caused her boss to smile all too cheerful? Through all the years Victoria had know for him, she never see siwon look this happy. She knows about kyuhyun-siwon-kibum relationship before. And she felt really sorry for his wife, but after the divorce with kyuhyun, siwon did smile, but not as cheerful as right now. Victoria also never heard of kyuhyun after that.

She can tell by the way siwon look at kibum is not love, it’s just pure admiration. She still remember how angry she felt when siwon told her that he had divorce his wife and will marry kibum as soon as possible. She told him that he was being stupid, but well, Choi Siwon is a stubborn man. They ended up fighting at the café and didn’t talk for a few months until the latter had apologized.

And a few months later when siwon came to her, claiming that he had broken up with kibum after finding out that the woman had cheated him, she actually smile gleefully and pat his back while saying he did a right thing.

She also helped him to find kyuhyun, but the beautiful woman was nowhere to be found. None of siwon and kyuhyun mutual friend knows about her whereabouts. It’s like kyuhyun just vanished into thin air. Victoria had tried to asked to kyuhyun family, but heechul is being totally over protective and it didn’t help when the rest of the family didn’t cope. She’s lucky that the Park didn’t know that she actually helped siwon to find their daughter, or else Victoria wouldn’t come out of the house alive.

She clears a little loud when siwon didn’t show any sign that he is aware of another presence. She chuckle when siwon look at her funnily, ‘what are you thinking about?’

‘erm nothing. What are you talking about?’, she could see that siwon is feeling restless by her question.

‘aww come on. Tell me. Tell me, please’

‘No’

‘Please’

‘No’

‘Pretty please’, she continued to put on her best puppy face that she knew her boyfriend couldn’t resist when she want something.

And it looks like it works on siwon too.

‘urghh find. I was thinking about who I want to bring with okay. And stop doing that face, it’s starting to scares me’

She rolled her eyes at the comment. ‘Well have you decided who you wanna go with?’

‘Actually I have someone in mind’, he smirk.

‘Who?! Tell me’

‘No. You just have to wait until the day come. I still didn’t know if she wanna go or not’, he shrug his shoulder and continue to look at the document in his hands.

‘She eh?’ she wriggled her eyebrows suggestively.

Siwon look up from his paper and said one firm command ‘out!’

 

Lunch Time

 

Siwon is walking on the side street, looking at a pair of lovers, so loving, when his eyes caught over a beautiful figure, sitting while drinking from her white mug, looking as lively as ever.

At the sight of her, siwon grin widely and enter the café, immediately walking towards the said person.

‘kyuhyun!’, he greet her. Kyuhyun look shocked but manage to cover it quickly. She politely smiles at him and offer the man the seat opposite her.

‘thank you’, siwon said as he take the seat. ‘you’re alone?’

‘I’m waiting for changmin’, came the innocent replied but siwon can’t help but frown and feeling uneasy. In his defense, the two always spend their time together although they always denied that they didn’t have any special relationship. ‘We’re just friend’

How will he try to woo kyuhyun over if changmin always near her? He knows that changmin doesn’t really like him – ok that’s a lie, changmin hates him – but he knows that if he wants kyuhyun back, he needs to gain her best friends trust first. If only he could prove that to changmin by confronting the man without feeling scared. Changmin could be very aggressive when he needs to.

‘hmm so kyu? I need a favor’, he began after a few minutes of silence.

‘What is it?’, kyuhyun look at him with her doe-like eyes and siwon can’t help but feeling lost in them.

‘Are you free this Saturday?’

‘Yes’

‘Well my department will have a Family Day at an amusement park this saturday. Since I didn’t have anyone to call family anymore, I was thinking to go with you. That is if you don’t mind’ please say yes, please say yes.

Kyuhyun seems to hesitate at first. Should I go? Will heechul unnie be okay if I went with him? But its been a long time since I went to an amusement park. It’ll be fun.

‘okay. I’ll love to go’

‘great’, he release the breath he didn’t know he’s been holding, ‘thank you so much’

The two continue the conversation for another 5 minutes until siwon had to bid his goodbye. ‘I’ll pick you up at 8, okay?’, he smiles at her, showing his deep dimples that kyuhyun always love.

‘ok, bye’, she return the smile. As siwon was about to exit the café, he came across changmin who look equally shocked as him. Changmin shocked expression later turned into a smirk that siwon grew to hate since he know the man.

‘I’m sure you just met kyu’, the younger of the two ask but he didn’t wait for a reply and went straight to where kyuhyun sit. She didn’t seem to know about changmin and siwon encounter at the front door as she was busy with her PSP.

Siwon can’t help but release a heavy sigh. Yup changmin clearly hate him. He need to do something about it.

 


 

it's been too long! i'm so sorry about the lame update.

thank you for reading :)