Chapter 5

7 Years of Love

 

 

The man infront of her didn’t change a bit. He is still taller that kyuhyun. His black hair is shorter than kyuhyun remember and but his eyes seem it has lost its sparkle. The man smile sadly at her but before he could utter another word, kyuhyun run out of the café as fast as she could.

But Choi Siwon is always faster than her, and much stronger too. Before kyuhyun could open her car door, siwon have already caught her wrist. ‘Let go of me’, she struggle to get free from siwon’s grip. After a few attempts, kyuhyun finally give up and let siwon hold her wrist. But she didn’t turn around to face siwon and the man sigh. ‘She is always stubborn.’ Siwon almost chuckle at his own thought. He pull kyuhyun closer and her back collide with siwon’s broad chest. It amaze him how they still fit perfectly after all these years.

However on her side, kyuhyun is feeling uncomfortable with their position and she could feel siwon’s hot breath near her ear and that give her goosebump. ‘Why is he so close?!’  She thought. She just hope that siwon didn’t hear her heart that were beating fast right now. ‘Dear heart, calm down please.’ She glance at the man behind her through the corner of her eyes. She could feel siwon is eyeing her from top to bottom. She feels uncomfortable under his stares.

‘kyuhyun’, siwon call her softly, almost pleading. ‘Turn around and please look at me’.

She is not Cho Kyuhyun if she complies quickly. Kyuhyun sigh loudly and stomp her feet before turn around to glare at the man. But she quickly avert her eyes when siwon is looking at her straight in the eyes. Eventhough she always says that she hate him, but she can’t lie to herself. She missed the warm and comfort from siwon. She still love him. She can’t look siwon in the eyes, she is afraid that siwon will see the sadness in them and how lonely she was without him all these years.

She want to be strong infront of the man.

 

Siwon p.o.v

 

After all these years, I finally found her. Kyuhyun looks even more beautiful. Her beautiful hair, that I used to caressed while we cuddled, is longer than I remember. I miss the soft hands, the one I’m holding right now.

I pull her close to me and I could smell the scent of her shampoo, ‘strawberry’ , I thought. I could feel she’s getting uncomfortable with our position right now but she is wrong if she thought I would let her go.

‘kyuhyun’, I call her. ‘Turn around and please look at me’ baby, but didn’t voice out the last word. I know that I have no right to call her that again. She sigh and stomp her feet like a little child before look at me but it seems like her shoes is more important. She keeps starring at them and wouldn’t look at me straight in the eyes. I want to see that brown orbs that I missed so much.

‘what do you want?’, she ask but still keep her gaze.

‘there’s something I need to talk to you about. Can you spare me a few minutes?’, I really wish she could. I want to talk to her and sort everything out. I want her back.

‘I’m sorry. I can’t’, I feel a pang in my heart, hearing her say that. ‘please kyuhyun, just a few minutes’, I continue to plead her. I could see that she is considering it. after a few second, she sigh and says, ‘okay, but not now. I need to attend a wedding.’

I look at her questioningly, she notice it but choose not to answer. Instead she give me a card. Business card. ‘call me tomorrow to confirm the date’, with that she turn around and walk away.

I look at the card

 

Mrs Cho Kyuhyun

NYC, Video Game Designer

Tel: xxx-xxxx-xxxx

[email protected]

 

‘video game designer? That’s not a surprise. New York? So that’s where have you been all this time. Well it’s my job to make sure she stays in Korea and turn her into a Choi once again.’ I smirk.

Yes, kyuhyun will have to stay by his side no matter what.

 

Park Hyatt Seoul Hotel

 

Kyuhyun has arrived at the Park Hyatt Seoul Hotel and now she is making her way to the entrance. The hotel employee welcome her with a warm smile.

Many people has arrived once she enter the hotel. There’s a lot of leeteuk co-worker that kyuhyun had seen before has arrived. Changmin had texted her, saying that he had arrived and was looking for her. She needs to tell changmin about her encounter with siwon. She spot the man across the room, a fake smile could be seen on his handsome face. Well kyuhyun didn’t blame him, the woman who try to flirt with him is really shameless.

Kyuhyun quickly made her way to changmin who immediately look like someone who had won a lottery upon seeing her.

‘chagi!’, changmin shout excitedly. The woman who was flirting with him just now immediately turn around to look at kyuhyun. Kyuhyun could see changmin mouth ‘help me’ at her and she quickly put on the best sweet smile to her best friend. She held changmin’s hand and said ‘I’m so sorry I’m late’, while pouting slightly. Then she turn around to smirk at the woman. Kyuhyun recognize her. She is Jessica, leeteuk’s secretary. She used to flirt with leeteuk once, but then stop after heechul made a ‘friendly’ visit to the office. Leeteuk practically has to called the security to stop the two fighting women. No one dare to disturb what belongs to heechul. Jessica glare at kyuhyun but didn’t say a word before she walk away. Probably to find a new victim.

Kyuhyun then turn to changmin and raise a brow. Changmin just stare back and had decency to look innocent. Kyuhyun choose to ignore because she have more important things to talk to changmin about, quickly grab his arm to more secluded place. Changmin just follow without question anything.

After finding a place, kyuhyun quickly blurt out ‘ijustbumpintosiwonbeforeicamehere’, putting a panic expression. Changmin just stare at her with a confuse expression on his face. ‘sorry, I didn’t catch that’, he grin slightly. She sigh, ‘I just met siwon before I came here’. Changmin who seems oblivious by what kyuhyun said, just nod. Not a second pass, he abruptly turn to his best friend with wide eyes.

‘w-what? What did you just said?’.

‘are you deaf or something?! I’m not going to repeat!!’, kyuhyun shout at his ear.

‘alright alright, gee. You don’t have to be so loud. I wonder how siwon put up with you all those years. He must felt like in hell’, he got a glare in return. ‘okay so you met him. But you don’t have to worry that he will find you. It’s not like he got your business card or something’, he chuckle.

Kyuhyun just keep silent after hearing what changmin said. Changmin who see the lack of response from kyuhyun, gasped and point a finger, almost poking kyuhyun nose in the process, and accusingly said, ‘you give him your business card!! Are you out of your mind?? Why did you do that?’

‘I don’t know okay!! I just panic and beside I’m late for the reception. What did you expect me to do?’

‘just run away! God kyuhyun, I thought you are clever’,  changmin shook his head. Kyuhyun just pout at changmin. It’s not her fault in her defense. Apparently her snarky mouth work faster than her brain upon seeing siwon. The man always manage to shut her up.

Changmin sigh, ‘well the harm is already done. Just make sure to tell me anything before you decide on something’

Kyuhyun just nod. Suddenly, she see the yewook couple enter the hotel but seungri is not in sight. Kyuhyun begin to drag changmin towards their friends. Ryeowook seems happy to see kyuhyun, and yesung and changmin starts to ignore them.

 

4 hours later

 

The wedding reception has end and the four best friend decides to celebrate the newlywed at a nearby restaurant before heechul and leeteuk went to their honeymoon. The night went great until changmin decided to break the news. He took a glance at kyuhyun, and almost shout ‘kyuhyun met siwon on her way to the hotel!’

Yesung who was drinking his wine immediately spit it out, probably because he was too shock to hear the news, or changmin voice is too loud. The others just stare at kyuhyun with an unreadable expression on their faces.

‘what? Where?’, heechul was the first to break the silent. Kyuhyun look up to his unnie and answer, ‘hmm at zhou mi gege café. He noticed me while I was talking to one of the employee.’

‘well what did he say? Do you talk to him?’, leeteuk ask. With an evil smirk on his face, changmin said, ‘of course they talk. He even get kyuhyun business card.’

Kyuhyun glare at changmin while the latter just laugh at her. ‘damn you Shim Changmin!’, kyuhyun thought.

‘you gave him your card!?’, ryeowook ask, she also was shock to hear it. Yesung just shake his head at kyuhyun while muttering, ‘and people says you are a genius.’ Changmin who heard what yesung said, laugh loudly.

‘why did you do that??’, her brother ask. Kyuhyun who didn’t have a chance to utter a word since the commotion starts begin to speak, ‘I was panic. It’s been a long time since I last saw him! Don’t mad at me. Besides he said he has something important to tell me’, she pout.

‘huh I didn’t understand why he want to see you again. He better didn’t come and try to beg you to forgive him and take him back. If that happen, he will have to go through me’, heechul smirk. Heechul can be very scary.

Kyuhyun starts to think of the possible reasons why siwon want to see her. She really hope that heechul is wrong. She didn’t want to have any problem with kibum in the future.

 


 

tell me what you think and thank you for reading :)