Chapter 2

7 Years of Love

 

 
Kyuhyun answer the call and was greeted by Changmin's cheerful voice. Kyuhyun smile at her best friend's enthusiastic.
 
 
'where are you? Please don't tell me that you are still in the office.' Changmin said accusingly.
 
 
Kyuhyun roll her eyes before replying, 'yes, i'm still at the office. I'm about to go home now'. She starts cleaning her desk and pack a few stuff to bring home.
 
 
'Tomorrow is your off day, right?' Changmin ask.
 
 
'yes. Why? Did you need anything?'
 
 
'I want you to accompany me to the mall tomorrow. I need to buy something for my visit to Busan next week.It's been a long time since i meet my mom'
 
 
'Sure. I have nothing to do anyway. Pick me up at 10 am.' Kyuhyun reply.
 
 
'yay! You're the best kyu! See you tomorrow. And be careful on your way back.' he reminded his best friend who like to drive her car off limit.
 
 
'ok, goodnight min. See you tomorrow. Bye'
 
 
'Bye'
 
 
After finish packing her things and grab her handbag, she made her way to her Volkswagen CC that were park at the parking lot.
 
 
Next Day
 
 
Kyuhyun wake up a little early that day. She remember her promise to accompany her best friend to the mall and she needs to clean her house that looks like a bunch of monkey have live in it.
 
 
It's not like she didn't care about the cleanliness of her house, but she's just too lazy this past few weeks with all the work at her office.
 
 
After about an hour, her apartment that is located in the middle of Manhattan looks really clean. 
 
 
After feeling satisfied, she grab her towel and walk to her bathroom to take a bath. She still got another half an hour before Changmin arrives, and her best friend always on time, saying 'time is precious'.
 
 
Ten minutes later, she walked out of the bathroom. Dress in her pink plaid, she chose a tight skinny jeans that will shows her y thigh perfectly. She didn't even bother to put any makeup.
 
 
Suddenly she heard her phone beep, signalling she got a text.
 
 
It is from Changmin and it read, 'i'm downstairs now. Hurry up!'
 
 
Kyuhyun chuckled.
 
 
She checked her appearance on the mirror for the last time. After feeling satisfied, she grab her handbag and phone, locked her apartment and ran downstairs to meet Changmin.
 
 
She spotted her best friend red Chavrolet Volt not too far away from where she is standing. She quickly run to Changmin's car and got herself into it.
 
 
'he looks nice', that's what come to Kyuhyun's mind after taking a glance at Changmin. Her best friend is wearing a plain white shirt that match his black jeans. His sunglasses makes his appearance looks more stylish.
 
 
'you look nice', Changmin praise. He notice that kyuhyun is blushing but chose not to . This time. Although kyuhyun is well known for her sharp tongue, she is actually really shy and could easily blush when others compliment her. But Changmin didn't like her acting that way. Those flirting old men will always try to hit on her, thinking that she is easy to get. That's why he is very protective of her. Others will think that he is a possessive boyfriend, but he is just concern about kyuhyun. He didn't want her to get hurt again.
 
 
'thanks, so do you.' she smile. 'Min, can we grab a breakfast first, i didn't have time to make any this morning'
 
 
'or to lazy', came the reply. That earn Changmin a pout from kyuhyun.
 
 
'yah! i'm not. I was cleaning my apartment this morning.'
 
 
'haha i'm just kidding kyu. Gosh you look like a 5 years old kid with that pout. Now wipe it off, sweetheart.' Changmin chuckled.
 
 
After a few minutes driving around the town, they finally settle in on Kyuhyun's favourite cafe.
 
 
They order the food and happily chat with each other. It's been a few months since they last saw each other, and kyuhyun really misses her best friend.
 
 
By the time they got into the mall, it is almost 12 afternoon. They immediately went to the men section and kyuhyun is sure that they have to spend more time in it. The shopping mall they went to is huge. Very huge. Their men section almost cover the entire 4th floor. Kyuhyun help changmin choose some clothes for his dad.
 
 
'such a devoted son', kyuhyun thought.
 
 
After that, kyuhyun suggested to buy some beautiful painting for Mrs. Shim. Kyuhyun knows changmin's mom like to paint. In fact, she once draw a portrait of kyuhyun. It is really beautiful.
 
 
After they have finish shopping for changmin's parent, they take a walk at the nearby park. The two best friend share some stories about their lives, their work, family, love life and not to mention the special persons back in Seoul.
 
 
'when are you going to forget about him?' Changmin ask after a few minutes of silence.
 
 
'what do you mean. I already forget about him'
 
 
'right, you already forget about him. Then why are you still wearing your wedding ring?', Changmin grab kyuhyun left hand to show her the said ring that suits her. 
 
 
She sigh. 'Changmin is really observant'
 
 
'I miss him, Changmin'
 
 
'i know. But you got to let it go. He's enjoying his life right now with that woman. He probably have a child right now. It's time to think about your own happiness kyu.'
 
 
'You're right.' she smile at him.
 
 
'That's my baby kyu'
 
 
Baby kyu. Siwon used to call her that.
 
 
Kyuhyun arrive at her apartment exactly at 6 pm. She stares at the bunch of letter in her hands that she pick from her mail box.
 
 
'Electric bill, house payment bla bla bla. Eh what's this? Wedding invitation?'
 
 
The invitation card is white and there is a familiar fragrance that lingered on it. She open it and gasped. It reads,
 
 

 

Dear Mrs Cho Kyuhyun,
 
Park Jungsu and Kim Heechul invite you to join them at the celebration of their marriage. Further information could be find below:
 
Date & Time:
Saturday, 1st of February 2013
at 9 p.m
 
Location:
Park Hyatt Seoul Hotel,
995-14 Daechi-dong Gangnam-gu,
Seoul, South Korea.
 
Dessert and dancing to follow 
 
Clothes are :  Semi-formal, cocktail attire, festive attire, creative black tie, white tie, black tie optional, dressy casual.
 
Please reply before the first of December 2012 
 
Mrs Cho Kyuhyun 
_________Will attend 
_________Will not attend
 
 
P.S : You didn't have any choice. It's a MUST for you sweetheart. I already invite Changmin.
 
 

 

Kyuhyun could identify heechul's neat handwriting at the bottom of the card. 
 
 
Heechul. She can be consider as Kyuhyun's favourite senior in high school. After 4 months of knowing heechul, kyuhyun intruduce her along with her other new best friends, Kim Jongwoon aka Yesung and his girlfriend, Kim Ryeowook who is Kyuhyun's classmate and heechul's little cousin, to Changmin and her brother, Leeteuk. And after being friends with leeteuk for almost 5 months, the beautiful diva manage to capture her dear step brother heart. They have been dating since high school and kyuhyun is happy that her favourite persons is taking another step in their relationship.
 
 
Suddenly she remember that heechul had write that she already send her wedding invitation to Changmin as well. She immediately call her best friend and changmin had confirm that he receive the invitation too. The two best friends agree to meet again this weekend to confirm the date to fly back to Seoul.
 
 
'I can't believe oppa finally propose, he is such a shy guy. I will have to ask unnie how he did it', kyuhyun chukled.
 
 
She could still remember how panic the 17 years old leeteuk is when his first date with heechul.
 
 
Flashback
 
 
Kyuhyun p.o.v
 
 
I was reading some teenage magazine when my bedroom door is being harshly open.
 
 
Leeteuk came in panting while trying to say that he didn't know what to wear for his date.
 
 
'oppa, breathe and relax'. He did what i told him to and i drag him to his room, searching for a suitable clothes for him. 'He has a bunch of clothes that always look good on him, yet he said he didn't know what to wear? aishh this old man. Guess he must have been really nervous.'
 
 
After about 15 minutes searching for suitable clothes, i decided he will look handsome in his navy blue t-shirt and his black Top Man jacket. His black jeans completed his style. 
 
 
'I am proud of me', i cuckled softly.
 
 
Then, i help him with his hair. He's about to open his mouth to protest but i'm not going to take no as an answer. Finally after 30 minutes 'messing' with him, he walked out off his room looking like a model.
 
 
He kissed my forehead and thank me for my work.
 
 
'good luck on your date!' i shout as i watch him walk to the Kim's family house that is located several blocks from ours.
 
 
'thanks! i really needed it' . 
 
 
Flashback end
 
 

I laugh as i remember our teenage memories. It really is precious. How i miss seing him. He always whisper sweet things to me, when i come home from school, crying on his shoulder and told him about the mean kids that always bullied me.

 

'another few weeks oppa, and you will have a 26 years old woman who will cling on you like a little kid who miss her brother'

 


 

Comment would be greatly appreciated. Tell me what you think and thank you for reading :)