Chapter 8

The Final One.

"Soo Yun, I love you."

Those words caught me off guard but after the conversation we had that afternoon... I guess I should have seen it coming... This confession. No doubt, I was stunned. I mean, heck! Who confesses at 3 am in the night? I was falling asleep soon... I bit my lower lip, the next few words were risky ones. 

"I love you, too." I hanged up after that.

I burried my face in my pillow and squealed silently. Did I really just said that!? My phone beeped as I received a message.

Dong Woon (3:02AM): Really!?

I rolled my eyes and chuckled at his message, this silly boy. I went on Facebook, changed my relationship status (I was 14 years old, facebook was probably the most official thing for me!) and turned my computer off. 

Soo Yun (3:03AM): Really. Check your facebook. Nights <3

You figured that with my second boyfriend my relationship will last longer than the last and hit the one month mark but boy was I wrong.

Things turned a 180 degrees after that night.

-------------------------------------------------------

I had to travel to Malaysia the next day to pay a visit to my Grandfather's gave as part of his death anniversary. It was a long 5 hours ride to the grave site, plenty of time to think, to sort my thoughts out.

How did I really feel a bit Dong Woon?

Now that I was wide away, I realized that with Dong Woon, I didn't have that... feeling that I had when I was with Gi Kwang and Doo Joon. Wanting to see them, make them smile, hear their voice. Did I really love Dong Woon? Or...

Was I just looking for someone to fill up my loneliness?

As we stood infront of my Grandfather's grave putting down the offerings, I stared at his potrait on the tombstone. "Grandpa..." I sighed mentally, "do I really love Dong Woon oppa?" The time I spent with Dong Woon started flooding back in my mind and in that moment, I had my answer. I don't.

I just liked having someone pamper me. 

It was a mistake for me to accept him and lead him on and I had to mend it, fast. 

------------------------------------------------------

When I got back to Singapore the next day, with a heavy heart, I dropped him a text. I didn't know what to say because no matter how I put it, I knew it would crush him., I knew how much it hurt to have your heart broken by someone, too well.

Soo Yun (7:28PM): Oppa, I'm back in Singapore.

As I continued my car journey back home, I stared out into the night scenery as cars drove by and the night lights shone brightly in my eye. It all felt so... dark. The phone on my lap lit up, judgment time.

Dong Woon (7:29PM): Welcome back my Soo Yun <3

Soo Yun (7:29PM): I'm sorry, let's break up.

Dong Woon (7:29PM): ... What?

The reply I received, was of course, expected, Confussion. Sadness. How would you feel when the girl who just accpted you 2 days ago decided to break it off with you after returning from a short overseas trip.

Soo Yun (7.30PM): I'm so sorry...

Dong Woon (7:30PM): What did I do wrong? I can change I swear!

Soo Yun (7:31PM): It's not you... It's my mistake. I never had feelings for you. I thought I did but it was all a result of loneliness. I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... Please don't contact me.

Not a message from him that night. 

My heart still felt heavy even thought I know I did the right thing. It wasn't because I actually liked him or anything it was just.... guild I guess.

But Son Dong Woon didn't give up.