Chapter 2

The Final One.

To my shock, 4 days after Hyo Sung told me about her relationship with Gi Kwang, they broke up.

"WHAT!?" I was dumbfounded as I shouted into the phone.

"Hey relax! I'm fine~" Hyo Sung chuckled into the phone. "We just didn't think that we were the right one for each other."

"You're kidding me, right?" I sighed as I slammed my body back on my bed. I was so heartbroken over their relationship and they just ended it, just like that? Unbelievable! They made me go to school with swollen eyes the next day for nothing.

"No, I'm not." I could feel her rolling her eyes on the other end of the line. "Anyway, we are still good friends. I've got to go. See you in school tomorrow!" and she hung up, just like that.

I stared at my phone in disbelief and sighed, throwing it to the corner of my bed. I spent the night staring at th ceiling, thoughts racing through my head. Maybe, just maybe, this is a sign from god?

-----------------------------------------------------

While Hyo Seung and Gi Kwang remained friends, I grew even closer to Gi Kwang than ever. Rumors were starting to spread even more that the both of us liked each other. 3 months after the whole incident with Hyo Sung, I confessed to a boy for the first time in my life.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

That morning, I had woken up from a dream where I was with him, in a relationship I mean. We were happy, smiling, but the dream suddenly ended in a puff as I woke up. I talked to Sun Hwa about it but instead of telling her that the guy I dreamt of was Gi Kwang, I told her it was an idol that I admired so much. 

"Well, usually dreams mean the opposite. Maybe it means you guys are not meant to be." 

I shrugged it off, maybe she said that because being with an idol is virtually impossible. Oh well, not like I was going to confess to Gi Kwang soon or anything.

That night very same night, I confessed.

I was crying alone in my room after quarreling with my parents and Gi Kwang was trying to console me as we texted. It felt so nice, for the guy I loved so much to care so much for me. At that moment, I just... felt like I had to say it.

Soo Yun (9:23PM) Gi Kwang ah, can I tell you something?

Gi Kwang (9:23PM) Yeah?

"I love you." Should I press send? I didn't want to destroy the friendship between me and him, it was something I held so dear. I remembered what my Sun Hwa had told me in the morning and bit my lower lip in contemplation but some part of me figured... maybe he likes me too. I mean, after all, weren't the signs obvious? All that teasing and the skinship for the playful hits we would exchange with each other. Doesn't he like me too?

Soo Yun (9:27PM) I love you.

I threw my phone aside and hid in the corner terrified of the reply I would receive. Suddenly, my phone vibrated. I hesitated, but eventually picked it up and opened the message.

Gi Kwang (9:28PM) I'm sorry, but... I already have someone else in mind.

I was proven wrong, for the second time in a short span of 3 months, Lee Gi Kwang had managed to crush my heart yet again. 

Soo Yun(9:28PM) Oh... Haha! It's ok (: I'm gonna head to bed! See you in school tomorrow!

I turned off my phone for the rest of the night and turned to my bed, crying once again. All those things that I had thought of as signs of interest in me was nothing more then me overthinking. I dreaded going to school the next day, fearing our relationship would change.

But it didn't.

Gi Kwang continued to behave normally and I was thankful that I didn't lose a friendship I held so dear over this stupid thing called love.

Ah... my heart hurts.