Chapter 9

The Final One.

Dong Woon wasn't the kind of person to give up so easily, I learnt that first hand. 

"You broke up with him!?" Narsha gasped. "B-but you guys just got together!"

"I just came to the realization that my feelings for him weren't really love ok... It's not like I broke him heart on purpose or anything." 1 week later I was still feeling the guilt from that incident. Sighing, I continued putting on my make up in preperation for the cosplay event I was about to attend. I was scared because apparently... he was coming for the event too. The worse part? Our clique decided to meet up. Talk about awkward... 

"You know... A group of us went shopping with him the other day. He spent the whole day looking for a Christmas present for you."

Oh, right. The next day was Christmas...

------------------------------------------------

As we waited in a corner at the event hall for our friends, I was nervous as hell. How do I face someone whose heart I broken so thoroughly? Man... I'm a ...

"YO!"

I gulped upon hearing Onew's voice, because that meant Dong Woon was here too and let me get this straight, our ENTIRE clique knew what happened between us. I'm just glad no one blamed me for it...

I looked in the direction of the voice and there he was. And he just had... a really dark aura. The guilt within me continued to grow as I looked away. What have I done...

The clique and I hung out together, having fun and playing pranks. Though I was smiling through out, I felt ty on the inside. Dong Woon looked depresssed as hell and I didn't know how to talk to him. I didn't.

I was exhausted by the time the event ended. I leaned against the wall while sitting down and closed my eyes, close to falling asleep at any given moment when suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I opened my eyes, about to hit the bugger who disturbed my peace when I felt a box drop on my lap. I looked as the back view of the person grew smaller as walked away, dragging his feet. Dong Woon looked so small in that moment. 

I opened the box and it revealed a beautiful black handphone strap with the words Soo Yun in bright pink swarvorski Crystals on it. My phone rang, a message from the gifter. 

Dong Woon (6:28PM): Merry christmas.

Man, this guy sure had a way of making me feel guilty.

-------------------------------------------------

Slowly, I began talkin to Dong Woon again after Christmas. The next encounter with him in real life came a week later, in the form of our group's countdown celebration. We decided to go to Marina Barrage to hang out prior to the countdown. We had so much fun! Playing games and chatting under the stars. 

"Hey, can we take a walk?" 

I looked up at Dong Woon and gave him a questioning look. "Sure...?"

We walked under the darkness in silent for a few minutes before finally finding a place to settle down. I stared at his back, he looked so... lonely. I did something I didn't expect to do, wrapping my arms around him. Was it out of guilt? Or did I actually want to? I don't really know that either... Felt like a little of both... 

Eventually, he broke the silence. "I still love you, I'm not giving up."