Chapter 6

The Final One.

 

In the cosplay committee, Doo Joon was really popular. Girls were almost always instantly attracted to his good looks but the more they get to know him, the more they like him.

He was funny, caring, understanding; The almost perfect boy.

That being said, he was also extremely friendly, with both boys and girls. He had a lot of close female friends whom he called sisters but, I can’t say the same for them though.

I remember one particular time, he had two girls over at his house to make props for another cosplay plan that they had coming up. The day, I felt neglected by him for the first time.

He didn’t text me the entire day.

Sure, you might think that I am overreacting but, how can I not? Two girls whom I barely known were alone with him at his house and I haven’t heard from him the entire day. I thought this would be the first and last time.

How wrong I was.

Him being alone with them became a common 'event' in our relationship. He would spend almost 3-4 days a week with them while I stayed home alone, thinking about him. But, that wasn't the only thing that caused the downfall of our relationship.

Doo Joon and I used to always have laughter filled conversations over the phone every night, without fail but as time passed by, the only thing I did over the phone was listen to him play his PSP over the phone.

He didn’t speak, neither did I.

Eventually, my feelings for him slowly began to fade and 26 days later, I had enough of the silence and the times spent being neglected by him.

“I’m sorry but," I took a deep breath, "I think it’s best that we break up.”

Once again, silence took over our phone conversation.  A small part of me was hurting but... since my feelings for him weren’t as strong as before I guess... it just didn't hurt so much.

“Why..?”

“I’m sorry but... the feeling just isn’t the same anymore.” It was the truth. I no longer felt the warmth that I always felt when I spent time with him.

“...I understand.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After our break up, Doo Joon tried hard to chase me back for awhile but I just... pushed him away and rejected every single one of his advances. I did my best to avoid him whenever possible. I was ashamed, I admit. Why? I had completely broken his heart with the worse reason possible: faded feelings.

And I know all too well how much it hurts to have your heart broken.

Eventually, he stopped trying and we stopped talking. Days turned into months, months turned into 1 year. Till this day, I still regret ending the relationship like that, on such a bad note.

A few months after we broke up, I actually thought back to the time I spent with him and my feelings for him at that point in time. I realized something. Compared to when he rejected me, my feelings for him just weren’t as strong when he confessed to me.

Nevertheless, the short lived relationship I had with him is something I will always remember. The times the both of us spent in the library, the comfort I felt lying on his shoulder. My very first relationship. But soon after I broke up with him, I met the 3rd and 4th guy in my love life at the same time.

Son Dong Woon and Jang Hyun Seung.