Truth or Death?

This is me

‘Oh my god, this is incredible! We have our own house!’, she screamed in excitement.

‘It’s just an apartment’, I laughed as she started dancing around in the basement.

‘What do you mean it’s just an apartment? It’s ours and we actually own it!’, wow, her sugar levels had gone way up after the ice cream we just had. However, she’s always that one girl that never wants anything, other than her own happiness.

 

She crouched down struggling to lift up the big cardboard box. Staring at her serious side is appealing to me even more. At last she caught balance on her feet, barely having enough strength for the weight of the box. Letting out a breath she caught me laughing at her silently.

‘If you treat me as your girlfriend, it’ll be a pleasure for a little help here!’, getting off the couch, I wrapped my arms around her waist as I gave her a brief kiss before I stole the box out of her arms. She let out a restful sigh, just as I realised how heavy the box actually was.

‘Yah, what on earth do you have in this thing?’, She started laughing with sympathy.

‘Just some old stuff I want to keep. Most of them are from my childhood’, Making it to the dining table, I dumped the package down next to the others, before stretching back.

‘Yah babe, I’m just going to pick up more stuff’, she called from the couch.

‘Sure’, I replied as she ambled out the door. Staring back at the loaded box, I flipped open the flaps for curiosity. Although everyone needs enough space for privacy, however, I know she trusts me. Promises are made that we hide nothing from each other. There were old ragged toys with a few story books stacked on the side. I was somewhat happy to see she had a decent past with at least some grateful memories. I continued to search through the box as I spotted something shiny. Reaching in, I pulled out a gold framed black and white photograph. My heart stopped. Eyes fixed on the three familiar faces. My body was tensing up, refusing to move as my veins pressured to explode. Long and hard, I gazed, at the little girl with pale skin and long silky black hair, sitting in between her parents. Her parents…

As my memories re-winded, the man in his white shirt and the lady with the terrified face… were staring back at me. With smiles of freedom and existence, the girl showed a full on look of innocence. Slowly, I dropped my hands, placing the frame back on the table. I stood there, running out of solutions. I have killed many, but why? Why do they have to be Victoria’s parents? I can do nothing less than to solve what I have done. Would I be able to face her like before? I wave of hopelessness just hit me over and over again.

‘Oh my god, you’re doing it again, not helping at all! I can’t do this all by myself!’, she complained as I immediately whipped around seeing her dither through the door with another box. Seeing her now I know straight away I can’t look at her the same way I did before. I prefer not knowing the exposed history. I walked over, pulling her into a tight embrace.

‘Hey…you okay?’, I now feel nothing but guilt. I know my apology will never be accepted, therefore, I shall repay you with my love and protection. I haven’t done anything for you to be proud. I now need to forget the past and go on with the most important person of my life. Hugging in tighter, I let a silent tear roll down my face. I do not want to think anymore, but to erase all my previous thoughts from being a murderer. The blame is on me, I will take responsibility, and make her the happiest person ever lived.

-------------------------------------------------------

So annoyed....I made a front cover for this story and for some reason it's not letting me post it.....grrrrrrrr