Is this Love?

This is me

Yanking the door open, I took a cold bottle of water from the rack. Placing the money on the counter, I waited for someone to turn up. My thoughts were directed back to the case that happened ten years ago. The couple. That little girl. It was a mind twist. I didn’t think the death of her was necessary. Although the command was for all three of them. I essentially failed for a reason that I cannot find the answer to. It was not considered as hard at all. She was right in front of me, having nowhere to escape. I just had to shoot. It was all there for me. Instead I backed out. It’s indescribable. Having the same feeling every night about that girl and regretting about the compassion is leading me further away to what I had imagined. Is it just a type of kindness I somehow have? It’s evident that mercy is not compatible which is why we all swore an oath before being part of the clique. Who would’ve thought the best crew would be the first to break it? Thinking that it’s just a direction I had to take, I’m tempted to forget about it.

The lady came out just realising she’s kept me waiting. After apologising, she gave me the change before I walked out of the small café. Taking a sip of the frozen water, I wandered down the path with a tingling feeling in my thigh, possibly from training. As expected, exercise is required for our job only every second day. Knowing that GD wouldn’t let me go after my disobedience, I might as well turn up. The road was calm and silent setting in an eerie mood. As I was about to turn the corner, something more important caught my eye. A girl was being pushed and pulled along by four other guys, and being ually harassed. She cried out for help as they grabbed onto her arms. With a muddled up mind, I finally recognise her from somewhere. Victoria. I jogged over, not paying much attention to the road for any approaching cars. They notice me coming as they moved her behind them, furthering away from me. Standing there with confidence, I shot aggressive glares at them with overflowing wrath.

 

‘Let her go’, I demanded calmly with much anger. They eyed me pathetically as one of them made mockery noises.

‘Aw, your sweet little prince came to save you!’,  She struggled to pull away when he lifted her chin up. There was currently nothing on my mind apart from imagining these four men were the target of a particular mission. Breaking forward, he threw his fist in my direction as my arm hurled up just stopping his strike. I threw my knuckle, smacking him right in the stomach. With the urge, I clutched onto her wrist and jerked her over to my side so she was out of their reach. They had a fast reaction since they went for her once she was freed. I bolted in front and spun around with my leg thrown in the air getting him right in the head as I did a jump kick to the other. At the moment I realised my self-defence skills were actually needed in some unexpected situation as I am always asked to use guns or other weapons. They yelped in agony whilst some of them were already dragged to the ground with hands over their injuries. I clumped my foot on the ground in front of them before they fled off down the streets.

‘Are you okay?’, She gave me a fondly looking stare that made me feel slightly self-conscious, just when I realised I was actually talking to her face to face. Plus, my sense and blood went back to my hand that was grasping tightly onto hers. I suddenly backed away, releasing my grip.

‘I’m okay. Thanks for saving me’, she gave me a cute and sincere smile that looked fairly attractive.

‘Who are they? Do they bother you all the time?’, another one of those moments when I noticed I just replied to her. The worst part is that statement showed all my caring I had for her.

‘Oh yeah sometimes, they live around this area. Sometimes I just run off when I see them coming or lucky enough, there are police around’, she shrugged. I paused for a bit, not knowing how to respond.

‘I must take this route every day for the reason that it’s the only way I can get to my school’,

‘That’s not safe. They’re not going to stop’,

‘I don’t have a choice, there aren’t any public transports I can take nor could I take a taxi due to its expenses…And I don’t have someone protective like you around me’, she shot me another one of those innocent looks as she smirked.

‘I got to go, otherwise I’ll be late. Thanks for your help’, she strolled past me as I yelled out to her before she went too far.

‘I can protect you’, I spat out, before I realised I’ve said something foolish. Like paralysation, I’m having no control of myself. She bent her eyebrows looking slightly confused. I opened my mouth for some further explanation, but nothing came out. She broke into a laugh perhaps at my dead error expression which I would want to see.

‘Alright then, I’ll wait, my names – ‘,

‘Victoria…I remember. I’m…Alex’, I didn’t want to use my own name.

‘Alex, I go to Melbourne University. Hopefully I can see you there!’, she called out with a bight face on her pale skin before she turned around and skipped away. My mind was fully switched off. I found that I could become as humane as this or even more. Like always, I’ve never analysed myself enough to give advice or to prevent myself from doing anything wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------