Strange connection

This is me

Leaning against the car, my lower body was growing numb and dead. I gazed up at the wide open windows in the building, just able to see people busying themselves. Blinking away, I went back to thinking about things I’m not supposed to. Asking myself again, why am I here? This isn’t me. It’s unbelievable an ordinary girl could change the way I think and act. It’s harder than ever now to be able to trust myself. Unusual things I do are for her. Is that the reason why I’m here? Having knowing I’ve arrived early, I stared into the horizon being covered by tall apartments, trying to picture her. Either I’ve seen her somewhere before or I just happen to like her for no reason. Is this called love at first sight?

 

Finally the car park lightened up with people coming out of the automatic glass doors. Scanning the crowd, I tried to locate her as I tilted my head from side to side. There she was, staggering down the stairs, with piles of books in her arms, a few of them half slipping down. Refusing to wave, I stared at her directly instead, hoping that she notices me. The wind was tracing through her black hair as she glanced down being cautious of every step. As she caught me standing against my car, she immediately broke into a smile after what looks like tormenting work of study. Without caring much, she hurried over in little runs with her book slithering down. She made it over as I caught onto the black folder before it hit the ground.

‘Thanks, how long did you wait for?’, not really looking at her, I snatched the rest of the books off her and tossed them in the back seat. She watched quietly as I rammed the door shut. We stopped for a bit as I vaguely stared back. Her connection did not break.

‘What are you staring at?’, my voice was quite hoarse and scruffy. For the reason that I never talk to anyone other than GD and that I never pay any attention to how my voice is projected. Her face went down to a type of disappointment, I have never seen. It was unhappy but with a feeling of desire. She gave a short peep at the front passenger door before switching back to me. I was confused of how people communicate with ambiguous expressions like this as I’m straightforward when confessing something. At last, I opened the front passenger door for her before she lifted her cheeks to a satisfied smile. I smacked the door shut after she slipped inside being even more careful of anything getting caught.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about the short chapter......