Heart of Stone, yet a Feather

This is me

 

Prologue

He squatted down low on the upper arm of the vast tree, only seeing small rays of light revealing from the open glass door. His legs are stably shoved against the rough coated branch, keeping his balance while his arms tensed up in the roaring wind. Slightly tilting his head sideways avoiding the crowded leaves, the imprinted faces in his memory appeared as two figures stepped out onto the balcony just before the perilous tree. His patience was over when he leaped forward, with a shock of adrenaline rush and landed hard on the wooden plank a meter away from the couple. She gasped with horror as they retreated backwards before his eyes flashed towards them as a menacing threat. He dashed forwards tugging on his collar whilst he was about to escape. For defence, he his arm back attempting to break free as he was trapped in the hunter’s possession. Instead of striking the enemy who bent back from the attack, he pulled from his pocket a black pistol aiming it at his prey. Withdrawing the trigger, he firmly pressured the tab as an ear piercing shot sounded. The man was mentally paralysed when his wife started screaming her lungs out before running back through the double glass doors. He dropped to the floor as his blood seeped through his white shirt. Finally satisfied, he switched his attention to the second victim. Walking in, he felt the warmness of the room and a subtle smell of cooked food from the kitchen. He could hear her panting for air and the noise of telephone buttons being punched rapidly. Tracking her down, he sped up his pace before spotting her in the living room at the end of the hall. She was tempted to stay as far away from him as possible, having difficulty running forwards and looking back at the same time, she tripped backwards and toppled on top of a low coffee table letting out a loud wail. He approached like a beast craving for food as his eyes sliced through the petrified face. With furrowed eyebrows, she begged for mercy and freedom at the last minute. Without thinking, he raised his pistol at her chest before pulling the trigger. The same deafening bang sounded through the house once again. Her eyes were still held gazing along with her body collapsing on the glass table with a knock of her head from the fall. Jabbing the gun back in his pocket, he strolled back in the room only to find the little girl standing beside the bed with trembling arms. Once again, he dug his hands in his pocket for the pistol as the last stack of cash was in his will. Her skin was pale as he heard her teeth shattering. Bringing out the gun, he aimed it accurately towards her. She moved backwards until she was stopped by the creamy honey painted wall. She was breathing fast for air that was always trapped halfway through her oesophagus. Sweat soaked on her clothes as her dark brown eyes connected to his. He paused for a while just staring at her before he realised his finger was resting on the trigger a tad away from firing. He pulled away his arm with an irritated grunt before he marched to the open doors and climbed out into the night. The two bodies lied there in motionless with black blood splattered around. She followed the wind that was whooshing in the room just as she saw the frozen figure lying in stillness. Eyes nearly leaking, she rushed out to the balcony, sliding to a sitting position right beside the man. Tears’ falling right on the blood stained shirt with painful sobs before she yelled at the moon, “Umma! Appa!”

---------------------------------------------

Hey....Not sure if this is mature content or not...