Fighting the Feelings: Just don't understand

There's A Reason Behind Every Action
____ POV:
 
A week ago, Daniel has mistakenly confessed to me and I haven't gone to the club since. I just went straight to work.
 
(____, you're not coming to the club today either?) -Daniel 
 
(No, I got other things to do. Why? Did you need something?)
 
(No, just wondering.)
 
"Just wondering huh? What kind of person do you think I really am?"
 
(I know you're working but can I call you?)
 
(Sure.)
 
A few seconds later my phone vibrated. "What's wrong Daniel?"
 
"What do you mean what's wrong?"
 
"There has to be a reason you called right?"
 
"Can't I call just because I want to hear your voice? It's been a week since I spoke to you outside of school."
 
When other guys says it I can freely flirt but now that Daniel said it, my heart skip a beat but I compose myself. "Daniel, don't treat me like all the other guys, please."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"Is that how you see me? Just like every other guy, I'm just another girl to mess with?"
 
"No, I don't see you like that at all. You're one of my most cheerful friend. I'm feeling kind of down so I just wanted to see if your voice can cheer me up."
 
"Oh, is that so? I'm glad" I smile, "so what's wrong?"
 
"It'd be better if I can talk to you in person, that's why I came to the club hoping to see you but you didn't come. Will you come tomorrow?"
 
I thought about Minho being home alone, "Sorry, I don't think so."
 
"Joey was looking for you."
 
"You called me to tell me about Joey?" It seems like my happiness just faded away.
 
"What? I just thought I should tell you."
 
"Please don't. On days I don't come, just don't remind me of anyone."
 
"I'm sorry." He apologize.
 
"So what happened to you? Why are you so down?"
 
He let out a breath, "well, I just confessed to the girl I like and I just got rejected."
 
"Why would she reject you? You're such an awesome guy."
 
"I knew you'd say something like that" I can feel his smile on the other side of the line.
 
"But you are" I assured him from the bottom of my heart. "You are the nicest person I know, right next to Yuki."
 
"What? Next to Yuki? What does that mean? I'm nicer or Yuki's nicer?"
 
"Ummm... You're both the same?" I laugh as I got comfortable talking to him.
 
"So then tell me why? Why would she reject me?"
 
"I'm sorry Daniel. Honestly, I don't know."
 
"You're a girl. Why would you reject me?"
 
"If it was me, I'd reject you because... you're precious to me."
 
"Whuuut? That doesn't make sense. Wouldn't you want to be with me so you can protect me?" Daniel question almost shouting. "I'm sorry, but that just doesn't make sense."
 
"I have my reason though, Daniel. The girl you like, I don't know her well, so... I can't guess why she'd reject you."
 
"Yeah, I'm confused why she'd reject me too. ____ about the other day-"
 
"You remember what you said to me?"
 
"Yes but-"
 
"I know. You mistook me for someone else. It's okay Daniel. Anyways, do you feel better now?"
 
"Yes but-"
 
"Since you feel better now then I've gotta get back to work. I'll see you at school in the next 2 days." I hung up and stare hard at my phone. "Sorry Daniel. If I talked a little longer I would've took this chance to confess to you. You just had your heart broken and I was about to tell you my feelings but if I did, I'd regret it because... I've already decided to toss my feelings."
 
4:30am and I got home. I took a shower, check on Minho, and laid in my bed trying to go to sleep. I keep thinking about things and I just couldn't sleep. Every time I close my eyes something bothers me and makes me question myself. I close my eyes and finally forced myself to sleep after a while.
 
I feel like this has been one of the best rest days I've had. I turn to a more comfortable position. I blindly touch a little head and open my eyes. "Minho?" Then my eyes shot open. "What time is it?" I look at the clocks hanging on the wall. "Oh my gosh, I overslept. It's already 1pm." I stood up and got dressed. I walked into the kitchen to a meal already made.
 
"Noona?" Minho walk into the kitchen. "You're finally up."
 
"Sorry Minho, I was really tired."
 
"I know noona. You came home really late." 
 
"Did you make this donkatsu? Who taught you?" I took a bite. "Mmmm, this is good."
 
"Daniel hyung made that. He said to give you this" Minho handed me a memo. 
 
I dropped by wanting to talk with you but Minho told me you came home at
4:30 in the morning. Minho was hungry but you looked too peaceful I didn't want to wake you up.
Sorry I went through your fridge to make Minho something to eat. Hope you enjoy the donkatsu as well.
-Daniel
 
I couldn't help but smiled to myself. *How much are you going to make me fall for you? I've already decided to not get involved with you.*
 
"Noona, are you and Daniel hyung dating?" Minho surprised me with his question.
 
"No, Daniel is just my friend."
 
"Then how come... nevermind."
 
"How come what?" I question Minho knowing he's hiding something from me.
 
"Nevermind" he shook his head.
 
I look straight at him, "Tell me."
 
"Do you like Daniel hyung?" I was left speechless once again. "Well?"
 
"Well, yeah... that's why we're friends."
 
"Noona, I meant more than friends."
 
I smile, "Of course not. He's just my friend. I can't like him in any other way."
 
"Then how come you're so happy knowing Daniel hyung made the food?"
 
"I'm touched, no one has ever cared about us this much. Don't you agree?" I took another bite.
 
"Yeah, I guess. I like Daniel hyung." Minho smile, "He was nice to me from the beginning."
 
"Yeah, he's a really nice guy. I'll tell you what I mean at another time."
 
Daniel POV:
 
My phone vibrated and I look at the caller. *_____.*
 
"Hey, you're up."
 
"Sorry to have bother you Daniel and thank you for taking care of Minho" I can tell she is smiling on the other side of the line.
 
"It's my pleasure to get to know Minho. He's a cute little guy. Very mature."
 
"Yeah. Thanks. He said he really likes you."
 
I chuckle and "What about you?" slip from my mouth.
 
She was quiet for a second. "What about me? What do you mean?"
 
"What do you think I mean?" I didn't mean to ask it out loud but since I did I really want to know the answer.
 
"Of course I like you too. Otherwise we can't be friends, right?" she reply.
 
I knew it. I knew she was going to say that. It was kind of painful but Yuki is supporting me, I shouldn't give up. We might be friends today, but tomorrow can always change.
 
"What's wrong Daniel?"
 
"Oh nothing" I let out a laugh for her to hear.
 
"I'm sorry you came all the way to my house for nothing. If you still want to talk I can come and meet you."
 
"It's okay. Minho said that today is the day that you guys hang together because you don't get to hang a lot."
 
"I'm sure Minho wouldn't mind hanging with you for a change. Right?"
 
"That's right" Minho spoke from the back.
 
I was happy enough that she'll squeeze me into her shedule but I just feel like I'm not ready to reconfess just yet. "It's alright, my problem can wait. Minho's important to you so I won't bother your precious time together." 
 
"Alright then. Thank you for today. The donkatsu was delicious. Next time you come, if I'm sleeping, just wake me up."
 
"Mmm."
 
"Bye Daniel hyung" Minho spoke up again.
 
"Bye."
 
"Bye Daniel, I'll see you at school." She hung up.
 
I let out a sigh. "She won't accept me because I'm precious to her. That still doesn't make any sense."