How I end up where I am

There's A Reason Behind Every Action

Your POV:
I  am poor girl, but that didn’t matter to me. I was happy; I had a mom, a dad, and even a little brother. I can’t get what I always want but I get what I need. Food on the table and water to drink that’s all I ever needed. I thought I was living a happy life and nothing can go wrong. I mean, life is supposed to be balanced out right? There are good things and bad things. I’m poor that’s a bad thing and then my little brother and I were abandoned, that’s also... a bad thing... How can this happen? I was only 14 and Minho was 2.
 
I was heading home from the last day of junior high when all of a sudden hear Minho’s cry. I thought it was going to stop soon but his cry tends to just get louder and louder as I approach the house. Then something struck me and I ran towards the house, it was just like when I left, except my parents were gone. I saw a note on the old dinner table and opened it.
____, we are so sorry we can’t take care of you anymore. Have the landlady take
you to an orphanage. They will take better care of you and Minho okay? 
Minho’s cry rang in my ear louder and louder. I ran and picked him up; his cries began to stop as I rub circles on his back with my palm.
 
“Minho, mommy said we’ll find a better home, let’s go okay?”
 
We stayed in the orphanage for a month and left the place. I can't let Minho be like the rest if them. They way they were treated. I couldn't take it.
 
“Minho, mom said that we’ll have a better life here, but I promise you, I will give you the best life I can.”
 
From day to day, since I was only 14, I didn’t know where to go. How I survived, I don’t even know. Maybe it's luck? Maybe it's just not time for me to leave this world yet? I begged a martial arts teacher to work as their cushion for money. I would get punched or kicked a couple of times, and sometimes on purpose, but I did it for money, but I also learned to defend myself from watching. Nothing mattered to me as long as I can live a happy life with Minho and the people who like me for being me. I learned to treat people the way they treat me and what life has taught me is that I have to do whatever to survive.
 
It has been 4 years since Minho and I have lived on our own. I got fired from the martial arts place because I couldn’t take their bullying anymore and punched someone in the face. Now, I get the most attention from girls in the school. Everywhere I go, I hear people talking about me, behind my back. When did they care so much? I don’t know. Maybe after their boyfriends started looking at me? Everything exchanges very well. Am I ashame of what I do? Why should I? I have to survive right?
 
 
“Minho, baby, it’s time to get up” I lightly rubbed his shoulder until he lazily opens his eyes. “We’re going to be late. C’mon, let’s get you ready for school” I help him put his clothes on and drop him off at his school before I went to my school.
 
~DMTN High~
“Oh look here comes the ” a group of girls would say every morning as I walk pass them.
 
“Hey girl, looking good” the guys would flirt with me and I would just flirt right back as I walk by.
 
“You’re not bad yourself.”
 
“Heard she’ll sleep with any guy who pays her” I heard another comment.
 
I went to sit in the back corner because I’m a loner and only the “unlucky” girls get to sit next to me.
 
“Hi” a girl came to me.
 
“Hello” I greeted her nicely.
 
“So people has been talking about you a lot. Don’t you feel bothered by it?”
 
I smile, “Nah, what they say isn’t completely false.”
 
“Sooo… you really spend time with any guy who gives you money?”
 
“Why do you want to know about me? Did someone dare you to come and see if the rumors are true?”
 
“Huh? W-what? You’re hella looking down on me” the girl couldn’t believe what I said.
 
“You’re looking down on me too. You don’t even know me.”
 
“Of course I know you, you’re Choi-“
 
“You know my name, not my story and I don’t know you. All of a sudden you just start talking like you know me, of course Imma judge you from the way you judge me.”
 
“I’m sorry, I’m Park Yuki. I transferred here last year.”
 
“So you don’t know anyone?”
 
“I wouldn’t come here if I don’t know anyone. My cousin comes here.”
 
“I see…”
 
“Ever since I came here I heard a lot about you. You seem very interesting.”
 
“Ugh…. Sorry but, a-are you… bi?”
 
“W-what? No. What? Why would you think that? Don’t misunderstand. I don’t care what people say about you, I want to be your friend.”
 
“What? Do you pity me?”
 
“I always see you alone.”
 
“Alone? Girl, I don’t need your pity. I have all these people who care about what I do soooo much that I get annoyed. What else do I need?” I said.
 
“Hey, you gonna be at the club today?” a guy walked up to me.
 
“I’d be there if you want me there.”
 
“Alright, I’ll see you later then” he winked and walked away.
 
“Does it look like I’m alone?” I look at Yuki who has no expression on her face. “I mean, we can be friends, if you really don’t mind me” I shrug.
 
Yuki POV:
*Whoa… all the rumors are true…? But it doesn’t matter right? I can learn anything I want to know from her.*
 
“I can live with that” I put out my hand.
 
“Tch, you’re really something then. Aren’t you rich? Aren’t you afraid people will talk bad about you for hanging with me? Or aren't you scared that I will
use you only for money?”
 
“Tch, looking down on me again? Yah, just because you hang with someone doesn’t make you like them” I said still waiting for her to seal our friendship. "And I don't think you'll use me for money."
 
“People don’t know that. They all will think I'm using you or something. They don’t take the chance to talk like you right now” she smiles brightly at me; “Alright Yuki, if you don’t have a problem with me, I don’t have a problem with you either” she shook my hand.
 
“Yah, now that we’re friends, will you teach me?”
 
“Teach you?.... what?”
 
I lean towards her and whisper in her ear, “how to get boys?”
 
“Ehhh, I don’t wanna be a bad influence, I’m not that bad.”
 
“C’mon, just give me a little tip.”
 
She chuckle, “does your cousin know ‘bout this?”
 
“Yah, you won’t even tell a friend this?”
 
“We just became friends right now and you want me to teach you bad things? That makes even more rumors about me, like I don’t have a bad enough reputation” she shook her head laughing like it’s no big deal.
 
If you just look at her she looks like those people who are hard to talk to, really quiet and likes to be mysterious. She’s actually a really easy person to get along with. She talks like we’ve known each other for a while now.
 
“Does your cousin even approve your befriending me?” I just stayed quiet. “You’re cousin doesn’t even know…” she pointed at me as she figures everything out.  
 
“He’ll be okay” I swap her pointing finger away. “My cousin is cool.”
 
“I don’t want to be blamed when you get in trouble.”
 
“I won’t blame you.”
 
“Alright.”
 
~Lunch~
We were sitting and enjoying our lunch. “____, what do you do during your free time?”
 
“I-“ she was cut off by a guy.
 
“Hey ____. How long will I have to wait to get with you again?”
 
“I can meet up with you tonight?” she said in a flirty tone.
 
“Really? Okay, I’ll see you later” he was going to hug her but she playfully push him away. “Don’t act so shy we’ve done more than a hug.”
 
“Get out of here or I won’t see you tonight” she threatened.
 
“Alright” he put his hand up in surrender, “I’ll see you tonight” he blew an air kiss at her and she just responded with a smile.
 
As soon as he left, her smile automatically disappears and she let out a sigh. She turns to face me and another smile spreads across her face.
 
“You stopped smiling behind his back, was that just a fake smile?”
 
“Yeah” she answers bluntly.
 
“That makes me wonder then, do you stop smiling behind my back too?”
 
“Why would I do that to you? You don’t annoy me.”
 
“What’s his relationship to you anyways? Your boyfriend?”
 
“You kidding me?” she gave a lighthearted laugh, “That's Joey. All he wants from me is my body.”
 
“Then why meet up with him?”
 
“'Cause all I want from him is his money” she answers as if there was nothing wrong with that.
 
“So you… really…” I couldn’t finish the sentence thinking I might offend her.
 
“Sell my body?” she finishes off my sentence for me. “Well… kind of but not exactly” she rubs her neck sheepishly.
 
I look at her confused, “What does that mean?”
 
“Let’s just say, I’m not as bad as people think, but at the same time, I’m probably worse than what they think.”
 
“T-that confuses me even more.”
 
“You’ll know as times goes by.”
 
“Okay, so I’m curious. How are you going to spend time with both the guys you said you will meet tonight?”
 
“That’s not hard at all; they both just want time with me. I’ll just be with each one for a while. It’s not long you know.”
 
“Do you have a boyfriend?”
 
“Are you serious? With all these rumors about me going around you think I have a boyfriend?”
 
“So you don’t have a boyfriend? Do you have a crush?”
 
“You are so full of curiosity. Do you have one?”
 
“I asked you first” I pointed at her.
 
“Maybe" she answers looking away.
 
“So you do~” I sang, “you give such blunt answers but now you’re all embarrass.”
 
“Now your turn to answer. Do you have a boyfriend or a crush?”
 
“Maybe” I mock her.
 
“Yah, yes or no” she stopped smiling.
 
“Yes, a crush” I laugh at her.
 
“Who is it?”
 
“You’ll know later on.”
 
Your POV:
“Bye! I’ll see you tomorrow!” Yuki waves at me walking the opposite direction as everyone poured out of the school gate heading home.
 
I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder and I automatically shoved it off. “I told you I would meet you tonight, not afterschool.”
 
“I just thought, since we’re going to the same place anyways I can tag along with you” Joey smiles.
 
“I don’t have time for you right now.”
 
“Oh, c’mon. You know you want to be with me.”
 
“I have a whole line of guys waiting for me, I don’t need you.”
 
“Alright, I’ll see you later” he leaned to kiss me but I dodged. He smirked and walked away.
 
I sigh, “The only reason I’m putting up with you is because it’s easy to make money off you.”
 
As I approach SM elementary I spot Minho pointing at me. I spread my arms waiting for him to come to me. He hugged me as I pick him up, “Hey~ how was school today?”
 
“The only fun part was when we played soccer” Minho told me all about how he kicked and scored.
 
“What do you want to eat today?” I put him down on the ground.
 
“Spicy ramen.”
 
“Again? Let’s get something else today okay? You already got that yesterday.”
 
“B-but I like spicy ramen” Minho whine.
 
“I’ll get you ice cream afterwards if you eat something else okay?”
 
I bent down to give him a piggyback ride, “C’mon, let’s go get some kimchi.”
 
He jumped onto my back. “Let’s go!”
 
“Are you ready?”
 
“Yep.”
 
“Time to take off, hold on tight!” I ran as Minho cheered to go faster. After we ate we got some ice cream and I took him home.
 
“You need help with your homework?”
 
“No, it’s easy. It’s just addition.”
 
“Okay, finish up. I’m going to be in the shower okay?”
 
I came out of the shower and Minho was done with his homework. “Go shower.”
 
We laid in bed “Noona, are you going to work today?”
 
“Yep, but when you go to sleep then I’ll go.”
 
“Again?”
 
“Minho baby, we need money, if I don’t go to work I won’t have money to buy you spicy ramen.”
 
"Can you not go to work today and just sleep with me?"
 
"But I already said I was going to meet some workers today. I will sleep with you tomorrow okay?"
 
"Noona, what do you work as?"
 
"Minho, noona works at a 24 hour market. Go to sleep" I lightly pat his chest to sleep.
 
Once he fell asleep I slipped out of bed and dressed up. "Minho, I hope you don't hate me later." I step out of the house.
 
~DESIRE NIGHTCLUB~
 
Yuki POV:
"Hey ____!" I ran to her as I spot her step in the club. "What are you doing here?"
 
"Meeting up with the boys earlier" she smiles, "what are you doing here?"
 
"I wanted to know how to get boys too" I smile back at her. "Can you show me?"
 
*So this is where she does everything?*
 
"Yah, I already told you I don't want to be a bad influence."
 
"Do I have to dress like you?"
 
"I have to go" she walked to the bar counter where one of the boys earlier was sitting.
 
"Ah, why do I keep feeling like this?" I ask myself as I watch ____ walk away with the guy. "She's my friend now, no matter what she does I can't judge her just yet."
 
I watched her come back out of the room she entered with the guy. She looks at me, smiled, and head back to the bar counter.
 
I walked over to sit with her. "How do you feel doing this?"
 
"I feel disgusted, but at the same time it doesn't matter."
 
That Joey approach her and she gave him that one same fake smile she gave him earlier. "Let's set up the mood  with some drink shall we?"
 
"You going to drink with me?" Joey question.
 
"I can't tonight, but you go ahead and drink" she watch him down the drink one after another and smile at me. "After this guy, I'm going home. This place is dangerous, you should go home too" she whispers.
 
"Well, actually-"
 
"I have to go now" the drunk guy took her to another room.
 
After a while she came out and waved to me and left the place. "Really?"
 
First she was wearing this:
and now she came out wearing workout clothes like: 
Even her shoes chenaged from heels to tennis shoes.
 
Your POV:
As I walk out of the club I reached into my bag and pulled out the stack of money I got today. 
 
*Noona, what do you work as? How do you feel doing this?* Minho's words rang in my ear followed by Yuki's.
 
"I didn't lie to you Minho, I told you a half truth. I didn't lie to you either Yuki, I really do feel disgusted, so disgusted that sometimes I can't even use these dirty money. Please know more about me before you label me" I stick the stack of money back into my bag and continue walking.
 
 
"I'm here manager, you can leave now."
 
"____, thank you for always coming in when I call you, I made you work more than you ask for."
 
"No problem, I thank you a lot for giving me this job when I had no experience or anything."
 
"Someone will come in at 4 in the morning and you can leave then okay?"
 
"Oh, can I have tomorrow off?"
 
"I'm sorry ____, I will need you here tomorrow."
 
"Oh, okay."
 
*I'm sorry Minho, I said in would stay with you tomorrow but I can't.*
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5/3/13:
Thank you for reading!!!
I hope you guys will also enjoy this story with me.^^