Felt so close

There's A Reason Behind Every Action

 

3/31/14

I'm sorry, took me decades to update. I admit I have been just LAZY. I haven been feeling like I want to do anything.

Anyways... ignore my mistakes okay? This is a very long chapter so.... yeah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DongLim POV:

"Did you get some sleep last night?" Yuki ask.

"Yeah, a little" ____ answer.

"What time do you get home?" 

"What?" She ask as if she didn't hear the question.

"What time did you get home?" Yuki repeated.

"I heard you but... that's a little weird."

"What was a little weird?"

"Why did you tell me to not tell Simon?" ____ said.

"Don't tell Simon what?"

"Ha... I thought so" she scoff. "You didn't text me last night did you?"

"No. I took a shower and went straight to sleep. Why?"

____ open their conversation on her phone and hand it to Yuki.

Yuki took the phone, "What is this?"

"I don't know, maybe you can sleep text?" She said sarcastically.

"How can I do that?"

"I mean someone was trying to figure out who you like" ____ mention.

*Hmm...she's really smart.*

--flashback--

"What are you doing Simon?"

"I need to find out who she likes" Simon answer unlocking her phone.

"How do you even know her password?" I furrow my brows.

"It's one of the conditions so she could stay here."

"So you can invade her privacy. That's kind of much isn't it?"

"Her safety comes first. I need to know what kind of person he is."

"Alright, she's your cousin after all" I shrug.

--end--

 "It's a good thing you didn't tell him."

"I kind of figure something was up since you told me that before. I mean, you don't need to ask me twice if  I already said I wouldn't tell."

"Yo, Simon," I nudge him, "You just got caught."

"What?"

"They figure out you were on the phone yesterday."

"So what? It doesn't matter."

"Yeah? Well, Yuki is glaring at you" I pointed at Yuki.

He look at Yuki who turned away with an attitude. 

"She just gave you an attitude" I chuckle.

"I can see, you don't need to explain to me" Simon scoff.

*I wonder who she likes.*

-lunch-

"Simon! What the hell do you think you're doing getting into my private life!" Yuki stomp to us.

"I got to keep you safe! Before anything, your safety comes first!" Simon scolded her.

"I won't forgive you! Totally won't!"

"I'm not telling you to forgive me! I didn't do anything wrong!" Simon argue.

"I hate you Simon!"

"Whoa, stop it right there, Yuki. I don't want to hear you say that" ____ jump in.

"Why not?" 

"Hey, he just worried about you. Plus he didn't get anything out of me anyways so just let it go" ____ said.

"How can I just-"

"Then our friendship ends here. This relationship between you and Simon, I cannot come in between. I don't want to be the reason why you're relationship with Simon is wrecked. You're not seeing Simon's intentions Yuki" ____ said with a serious face.

"Okay, I'll drop it. I'll drop it, okay?"

_____ shook her head, "I understand how you feel Yuki but I also know how Simon feels. He just wants the best for you."

"Why are you speaking for me?" Simon ask disgusted.

"She's taking your side so shut up!" Yuki shouted.

_____ laugh, "I'm sorry, but am I wrong? I guess, I don't know what Simon's intention is. But anyways, you should listen to Simon more. It just might be the best for you."

"Why do you always take his side?" Yuki ask frustrated.

"I'm not done talking yet" she held her hands out telling Yuki to calm down, "Simon, this guy she likes, just trust me and stop asking."

"That's the problem, I can't trust you" Simon reply.

____ laugh, "I know you don't trust me, thats good, but at least trust Yuki. She just doesn't know how you'll react so she doesn't want to tell you yet. At least try to understand her. I mean, when the time comes, she'll tell you...or you'll find out." She turned and went to get her food.

"Gosh, she's really resistant Simon. If anyone else they'd probably get all depressed and everything over what you said. She just laughed it off."

"I don't understand why you hate her Simon. She hasn't done anything wrong at all" Yuki walk to her.

"I agree with Yuki" Daniel look at Simon.

"Same here, I don't understand either Simon" Inati said as if waiting for an explanation.

"What? I don't know the real reason she became friends with Yuki" Simon shrug.

"Umm, maybe because Yuki ask to become her friend?" Jisu answer as if it was obvious. 

"And she got your permission too" I point out.

"Why do you all care so much?"

"Yuki mentioned it so we were just wondering you know?" we chorus with a shrug.

"What did she do to all of you?" Simon question.

"She made us realize that you can be nice when you want to."

"So what? You're saying I'm being an right now?"

"You said yourself" Inati shrug.

"Tch" Simon scoff.

Yuki POV:

"____, I'm sorry, Simon isn't usually like that. I don't why he's such an towards you."

"Like I said, he cares for you. I understand so, don't blame him. I've always wanted someone to care for me that much too."

"No one has ever cared that much about you?"

"Nope" she stuff . 

"What about your parents?"

She look up at me, "You think I would be working like I am now if they cared?"

"Oh... I'm sorry" I look away from her. "For some reason I always ask the wrong questions."

"Yuki, look at me" she smile, "if you really care, don't pity me. Don't feel bad when you ask me something because that's the only way we'll know each other. Understand?"

"But don't you feel hurt when talking about things like that?"

"I do, but that's the only way we can get closer right? I mean, the more you know, the closer we are."

"Okay."

"So tell me about you" she said ready to hear more about me.

"I'm the only child so I grew up kind of quiet and my only friend was Simon until he moved here, then I was a loner. Umm... My mom and dad usually makes decisions for me because they said I haven't experienced the real world yet."

"Wow... They're too protective."

"I know, they wouldn't let me come here. I kept insisting and agree that I'll stay with Simon so they finally agreed."

"Ah... That's why Simon hates me" she smile.

"What do you mean?"

"Right now Yuki, I'm introducing you to real world. Simon wants to keep you in this little dream world. In other words, Simon wants you to protect you from this painful world. If I can choose, I would love to live a lie."

"Can you speak normally?"

She smile, "with everyone protecting you, you don't know how dangerous this world is. Simon doesn't want you to have to worry about living. Should I tell you a story?"

"Okay."

"There once was this little girl, she lived very happily with her parents. Everyday she would go to school and come back home happily. She went to school, doesn't have any friends but she didn't tell her parents that. Even though she doesn't have any friends it was okay, she still go home every day smiling.  Every day this girl enters the house, she was greeted with smiles. You see this girl is poor and because her parents were always there for her she doesn't know how hard it is to make a living. Because her parents are always smiling she didn't know she was a burden to them, not until one day she came home to a house with no smiles. What did she do? Cry? Crying won't get her anywhere. Life lesson, we learn from experiences."

"What did she do? What story is this? I've never heard it."

"That's because that little girl was me. That story is mine. What did I do? Or should I say, I also learned another lesson, in order to protect what's important to me, I first must survive no matter what. Someone gave me an idea, that I should sell my body and I hesitated but then I found out that it's easier than I thought if I think about what's important to me. What I want you to take from my story is not that I want you to become like me or tell you should sell your body to protect something important. I want you to understand that in this world, not everything is going to go your way."

"I'm really sorry, so what happened to your parents?"

"They abandoned me" she shrug, "All this to say, be careful Yuki. Anyone can hurt you. That's why Simon is so protective of you. Anyways, I'm use to people judging and talking about me so it doesn't matter."

"When you say it that way I feel even more sad. You're used to it? You've been hurt so much that you're used to it?"

"Why do you feel bad for me? I don't even feel bad for myself" she smile.

"Trust me, if you ever hurt me, you'll know."

"That's what I don't want to do."

She laugh, "don't worry. You won't. It takes a lot to hurt me. For example, abandon me."

"I will never do that."

"I know but I'm just telling you, if you ever want to hurt me, that's the way to do it" she smile.

"Yah! It's not something to smile about!"

"Oh!" She took out her phone, "excuse me, I'll come back" she walk out with her phone.

For some reason she always gets a text or a call at this time. I wonder if it's her crush?

____ POV:

"Minho, what's up?"

"Ah, noona, I feel sick."

"What happened? Did you go see the nurse?"

"No, I don't want to go there."

"Baby, go to the nurses office first. I don't want you to clasp while I'm on my way over okay?"

"Okay noona. I'll be waiting" he hung up.

I ran back inside the canteen. "Yuki, please tell the teacher I can't make it to class today."

"Where  are you going?!" She shouted after me but I don't have time for that. I need to get Minho as soon as possible.

Daniel POV:

I saw ____ run out the canteen and walk to Yuki. "Where is she going?"

"I don't know. She just took off."

"She going to miss class then isn't she?" Jisu ask.

"Yeah, she said she's not going to be in class today" Yuki answer.

"Look at her, just ditching school, don't you dare ever do that" Simon said.

"Yah! Why would I do that?!"

"Because she'll influence you."

"I meant to say how am I going to do that if you're always watching me?" Yuki scoff. 

"Don't you ever ask her where she goes?" I ask.

"I don't want to be too nosy. I'll be no different from Simon if I do that."

"What does that mean?"

"You're annoying!" Yuki shouted.

"You guys usually don't fight much. But now it's like everyday all because of _____. Is it really worth it?" Inati stopped their fight.

"Are you going to to ask her later? I mean, it looked like something bad happened."

"Why don't you ask her Daniel? You seem worried and you're her friend too. I'll wait for her to tell me herself because if it was something bad I don't want to bring it up like I always do."

"When you phrase it that way, how can I ask her? If she tells you let us know too. We'll gladly help."

"Sure and I'll let her know you're worried too."

"You don't really need to tell her that."

"Why not? She should know who cares. I mean, she'll be really happy. She just told me about herself and I think that telling her will make her happy" Yuki gave a weak smile while thinking, "I'll tell you more at home. Lets go to class."

_____ POV:

I ran got to SM elementary and went straight to the office, "hello, I'm here to pick up Minho. He called me earlier that he was sick."

"Yes" the front desk lady gave me directions to the infirmary. 

I quickly walk over knocking on the door before entering. "Ah, Noona's here."

"Hello" I greeted.

"Hello" the nurse greeted me back, "Are you his guardian?" 

"Yes ma'am."

"You look young."

"I'm his sister, senior in high school."

"Then you ditch school-"

"Yes, there is nothing more important than Minho to me. I have good friends so it's not hard to catch up on my work."

"I see, anyways, he said he was feeling sleepy, he seems a little depressed, so I'm guessing he's been having insomnia. If you have him rest for a while, or have a set time for him to sleep everyday, that should be good for him."

"Thank you so much, I'll take him home for now" I gave her a little bow of thanks and pick Minho up.

"Noona, I'm sorry" he rest  his head on my right shoulder as we walk out the school.

"Don't worry about it baby. You just rest." We waited until the bus came, "The nurse says you're not sleeping enough. Why is that? You're not going to sleep when I tell you to?"

"Noona, I can't sleep. I try to but I can't" he said in a guilty voice.

"Don't worry. Noona's not mad at you" I smile as he look up at me. "Why can't you sleep hmm?"

"I just can't sleep, the house feels empty when you're at work. I feel cold and alone."

*At the end it's my fault.*

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to make you feel that way. What will make you sleep then? Should we move to a smaller house?"

"Noona, can't you sleep with me?"

"If I do that, how will we get money to pay for the house we're living in?"

"Noona, you work too hard, you work every day, is it because of me? Is it because you have to watch me?"

"Don't think like that. I have to work so Minho and I can stay together. Do you want to be separated?"

"No."

"For now, since I'm here, sleep okay?"

"Mmmm" he nodded and lay his head on my chest falling asleep."

We got home and I lay Minho down. He's depressed because of me. Why do you keep thinking to make things complicated for you Minho. "What should I do? Quit school so I can work in the morning and spend the night with you? I don't know Minho."

"Noona?" Minho open his eyes sleepily.

"Yes?"

"I want to help you work so that we can be together."

"Sorry Minho, I can't let you work. You need to sleep so you can concentrate in school."

"But noona you go to school too and you're working so hard and you're taking care of me, I'm selfish then aren't I?"

"Hey, you're precious to me, that's why I'm taking care of you. That's what I'm really here for, to take care of Minho, so don't worry okay?"

"Noona, you're precious to me too, and I want help too."

Feeling touched I smile at Minho, "I love you, Minho."

"Noona, come sleep with me" Minho pats the spot next to him.

"Mmm" I got in bed and pat him.

"Noona, when I grow up, I want to help you and take care of you too."

I smile, "sure, but first, you need to take care of yourself and concentrate on school. Don't let people bring you down, okay?"

*At least I know you're thinking of me. One day, you'll grow up to be a fine man.*

I lightly pat him to sleep and I also fell asleep. 

When I woke up I look at the time, "Hmm, 9:00pm?"

That was the best sleep I had in a while. Minho was also asleep.

*Oh ! I'm late, I need to get to work.*

I slowly got up making sure not to wake Minho. I made some food for him just in case he wakes up hungry. I went up to check up on him. "Sorry, noona is leaving again" I whisper, kissed his forehead and left.

"Hello, manager Kim, I'll take over from here" I walk into the convent store. 

"Ah, you're here, I thought you weren't coming since its already 9:40."

"Minho got sick so I was watching him."

"Oh, is he okay?"

"It wasn't much. Is boss Jay going to come at 4 in the morning to take over or do I have to stay til 6?"

"He'll come at 4, I'll leave the rest to you for now then" he left.

"To think about it, I think I've been through the bad, and met many nice people, it'll be bright from here on out. Hmmm?" I took out my phone that vibrated in my pocket.

(Ey, you didn't come to the club today? Joey was asking for you.) -Yuki

"Joey? Why would he look for me?"

(He ask me if something happened. I just told him I don't know.) 

(Did he do anything to you?)

(No, why?) 

"Why? Do you really have to ask? You really need to be more careful. This girl" I shook my head.

(That's good. I'm working I'll talk to you tomorrow.)

"Ah" I pick up my phone, "hey, I left you some food on the table, did you see it?"

"Noona, you're working again?"

"Yes, but don't worry, I'll be home in no time, just go back to sleep after you eat okay? If you want to take care of me too then don't worry about me so you won't get sick and make me worry, okay?"

"Okay, noona, sing me to me while I eat."

"Eh? Why? I'm in a store right now, people will think I'm crazy."

"So you won't do it?"

"I'd do anything for you Minho" I start singing. "You should go to sleep now that you're done eating, okay?"

"Mmmm, see you in the morning" he hung up.

"Things just keep getting more and more complicated" I mumble to myself.

-next day-

I dropped Minho off at school. "I made you spicy ramen, eat it at lunch okay? I'll pick you up later."

"Okay" he hug me and went into his class.

Joey POV:

____ walk onto campus and as soon as she spot me she walked over. That is very unusual.

"Joey, I heard you were looking for me yesterday."

"Umm, talk to you guys later" I gesture my friends to leave us alone.

"What's your intention?" She ask as soon as we were left alone.

"What do you mean?"

"Why did you ask Yuki where I was?"

"It was more convenient than having to call and bother you."

"How can I trust that when last time you wanted to introduce your playboy friend to Yuki? Yuki is different, way different from me so don't even think about her doing what I do."

"You really care so much."

"Of course, that's why, you better not be planning to do anything with her."

"Hey, I know Yuki's not like you and you're not like any other girls either. Don't worry about me doing anything to her. I'll do anything for you, you're the only girl in my eyes right now" I smile.

"Tch, stop lying. Anyways, next time just call me, don't worry about bothering me" she turn.

I circle her waist and I can feel her uncomfortableness, "I'll see you tonight then right?" I whisper.

"I don't know, and don't do this, people will misunderstand."

"What is there to misunderstand?"

"Everything Joey" she put my hands down and turn to me. "You and I are not an item" she turned back around to face Yuki and her friends. "How long have you been here?" She ask a little surprised.

"We just got here" Yuki replied.

"Let's go" she dragged Yuki away.

*This girl has a secret and so do I. My secret is that... I know her secret.*

Yuki POV:

"Was it because of your crush that you told him that you're both not an item?"

"I thought you just got there" _____ mumble.

"We did, we just happen to hear that."

"Yuki, I'm going to sound like Simon right now, but listen to me. Don't talk to Joey, stay away from him."

"Why? He just ask where you were" I reply.

"Yes, that's all he ask this time but who knows what he's thinking. Guys like him you shouldn't get involved with."

"Aren't you contradicting yourself? You said I shouldn't get involved with him but what about you?"

"Yuki, you and I are different. You really need to be more careful."

"That doesn't seem to be the case earlier."

"Yuki, come on, I didn't know that he was going to hug me when I turned. Really, even I don't know him that well. Just don't talk to him, he has my number so why would he ask you? Think about it."

"Maybe because I was just there and it was just easier" Yuki shrug. "When I told him I don't know, he said, 'Aren't you her friend? How do you not know?' And left. After that, I felt you and I aren't really that close."

"Yuki, you don't have to know where I'm am at every second to be my friend, that'll just make you a creepy stalker so don't feel so down about his words. It's not like you and I live together."

"Yeah, I guess. Is Joey your crush?" 

"Huh? No" she bluntly answer.

"Who is it?"

"I'm not telling you."

"Fine" I sigh, "By the way, I didn't want to ask you this, but Daniel was worried yesterday and he asked me what happened, but of course I told him I don't know, so did something happen? You seemed to be in a hurry when you left."

"Daniel was worried?" a small smile spread across her face, "it's just someone got a little sick and so I was taking care of him. Nothing much."

"Oh~ must be someone important."

"Very important" I answer.

"Is it your crush?"

"More important than that."

"Your.... Boyfriend?"

"I won't tell you, maybe later. I'll introduce you."

"Really?"

"Mmm..." She nod and stuff .

*Hmm... She smile's and is always in a good mood when I talk about Daniel, gets defensive when I ask her if she likes Daniel, gets curious about Daniel's personal life... That really must be it.*

"____, can I ask you something?"

"You already did, you ask a lot."

"What do you think about Daniel?" She pats her chest and drank some juice as she choke on her food. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah" she nod, "I told you already, I think he's a nice guy. Besides I became friends with him because of you" she shrug.

"Really? That's good, because DongLim is so mean to me like Simon but Daniel is always nice to me. He helps me and compliments me. I feel happy when talking to him, I think... I'm falling for Daniel."

"Really? So, you're telling me this... Why?"

"I just wanted to let you know since you're my friend. Also, will you help me?"

"Uhmm... About that... I don't think I can."

*So she doesn't want to, interesting.*

"Why? Do you not like me? Is that why you don't want to help me?"

"No, of course not. Yuki, you're my friend, of course I like you but-" she didn't finish her her sentence.

"But?"

"I just can't."

"So you don't want me with Daniel?"

"No, that's not it. I just think that... It's better to do it yourself."

"____, tell me truthfully, your crush, it's Daniel, right?"

"No, wouldn't it be better for him to hear it himself from you? Why would he trust someone like me."

"Yah, it's pretty obvious."

She smile, "At the end I got caught."

"Why don't you just tell me from the beginning?"

"Because I really think the best way is to do it yourself. You have to tell him how you feel. If I told him, it wouldn't mean anything."

"You really want us together?"

"You like him don't you? I think that's good. You'll make a nice pair" _____ shrug.

"Whoa, hold it right there. How can you wish me happiness with your crush? Do you really like him?"

"What? You're both my friends. If you're both happy, of course I can be happy. Anyways, I don't deserve him."

"Why? Why do you say that?" I spoke furiously.

"Isn't it obvious? Compare my status to yours. I'm poor and what do I work as? I'm a lowlife."

"That doesn't matter. If you like him, then you like him. Lowlife? If you think so, then change yourself. Anyways, I don't like Daniel, I just needed confirmation."

"What?"

"You heard correctly, I don't like Daniel in that way. I was just confirming." She glare at me. "What? Just admit you're happy I don't like him."

"You can't tell him alright. Don't you dare."

"Why not?"

"Can I tell DongLim and Simon then?" She questions.

"No don't."

"It's a deal then."

"So... Since when did you like him?"

"I'll tell you later" she reply.

"Why, we still got time."

She didn't say anything but look over my shoulder. I look back seeing the boys walk over to us.

"What do you want Simon?" 

"Nothing, just hanging around."

"Hi _____" the boys except Simon chorus.

"What's up?" She greets back.

"Nothing much. You?" Inati reply.

"Same here, nothing new."

"So you left earlier yesterday, was something wrong? Daniel was worried" Jisu said.

"Don't say it as if I was the only one worried" Daniel smile sheepishly.

"But you were even more worried than Yuki" Jisu pointed at me.

"You don't know that. I was worried too but I was trying to be thoughtful and not bug her about it if something bad did happen."

"Enough you guys. Thanks for worrying about me but nothing happened, so relax" _____ smile.

"You didn't go to the club, must be something serious right?" Simon ask.

_____ smile even bigger, "To others it may not be that important but to me, it is important. I didn't think you'll even notice I was gone."

"Must have been with another guy somewhere else right?"

"No, was with a boy at home" she answer bluntly.

"Ahhh, so you took him to your house."

"Yeah, where else should I take him?" Sheng answer.

"So you skipped school to be with a boy" DongLim raise a brow.

"Yes, so what? That's my business."

"You're not ashamed at all to tell us this?" Simon ask.

"Why should I? This boy means the whole world to me right now. There's only one thing I'm ashamed of, that is, the real me" she kept a poker face.

"So this must be the boy you like huh? The one that knows that you work as a e? So he understands you like you said after all."

"No, this is a boy that doesn't know what I do. He's more important than this crush I have, and I guess you can say, I feel bad that I'm going to be giving this boy a bad name in the future, but I know he'll understand. If he doesn't, I don't regret what I did" she seems spaced out. "Anyways, for today lets end this talk here" she splash her sincere smile back on her face not caring about what was said to her. "Simon" she place her hand on his shoulder giving him a smirk as he look at her, "you'll be surprised... when you know, I'm not what you think I am" she said in a seductive yet warning tone.

"Where are you going?" I ask as she was walking away.

"Just, meeting this boy again" she didn't look back but lift up her hand gesturing that she'll see me later.

"Look at the kind of friend you made Yuki" Simon stare at her disappear.

"Yah, if you overlook the club, she's a perfect friend alright? Plus, stop saying things you don't know."

"Why would a person she doesn't like be more important than the person she likes?"

"I'm curious now too. I wonder who this guy is that can be more important than her crush."

"What? Am I supposed to know the answer?" Daniel ask as I look at him.

"Huh? No, I just happen to turn to you. Of course you wouldn't know, you don't even know who her crush is."

"So you know who her crush is?" Daniel question.

*You.*

"Yeah, just found out."

"What kind of guys does she like?" Simon ask.

"Not you, that's for sure" I stare at Simon, "Why do you care anyways?" I started walking away then notice something and walked back to Simon. "You... You actually care, but since you started out all mean with her you just can't be nice all of a sudden right?"

"What are you talking about?"Simon reply nervously.

"You're just showing it in a different way. Be true to yourself Simon" I pat his shoulder.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Sure you don't. You're not so bad after all Simon" I smile and sat back down with them.

_____ POV:

I walk out of the canteen and headed to Minho's school thinking about what we just talked about. "I really wonder if they'd be happy, mad, sad, disgusted when they know the truth. They may even stay away from me forever. Even when that day comes, I still won't regret."

I went to see if Minho is alright and he seems to be fine so I went back to school. After class finish Yuki walked with me to the front of the school.

"Hey ____, you know this one girl approached me today" Yuki said in a gloomy tone.

"And?"

"She told me to watch my back."

"Why?"

"Something about trying to take her boyfriend away from her or whatever."

"Huh? Did she tell you the name of her boyfriend?"

"No."

"That's weird, be careful alright? Let me know if something there's suspicious."

"Okay, but I'm kind of scared, you're always leaving during lunch, the boys can't go everywhere with me."

"Does the boys even know?"

"Not yet."

"Why not?" 

"Because I didn't tell them?"

"Why not?!"

"I just thought this is a girl's problem so-"

"I understand, but she threatened you. You need someone to look out for you too" I look at my watch. "Ah, I'm going to be late. Why are the guys so slow?"

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" Yuki ask.

"Oh, Simon! Hurry up! I need to leave!" I shouted.

"Why do you need to tell me? I don't need to know" Simon said as they approach us.

"It's not like I wanted to tell you but I need to leave and can't leave Yuki alone. You're her cousin you need to take care of her, she'll explain. I'm late, I gotta go. Bye" I jogged to the bus stop where I was almost left behind.

"Come on Minho. Ready to go home?" I approach him.

"Yeah. Tomorrow we don't have school. What are we doing?"

"What about we catch up on our sleep? I'm tired so lets do that and when we get up we'll go eat out and get ice-cream. Okay?"

"Okay. Noona, you said you have friends but I never see anyone come over and you're always with me. Is it okay?"

"Yeah, I just haven't have time to bring them over. Don't worry about it. When the time comes you'll see them."

"Are you sure? Is because you're taking care of me that you can't spend time with your friends?"

"Hey, you're more important to me than anything and anyone else."

"I know, you always tell me that but I want you to also have fun. You are always working for me-"

"Minho" I stop him and crouch down to his height, "As long as Minho is happy, then I'm happy too. When I don't have this smile on my face, it's not always your fault. Minho, you make me happy most of the time and you need to know that."

"Okay. Noona, I'm old enough to take care of myself at times too so don't worry too much about me."

"I know Minho. You're more mature than other kids because you understand the situation you and I are in. But... I wanted to be able to spoil you like other parents can do for their kids too."

"Noona, that makes me happy but you overwork yourself and that makes me sad. Noona you don't have to spoil me."

"See? Minho's also worried about me, that makes me happy enough. I don't regret working hard for you at all because at the end of my day, you make me smile."

"Noona, I love you."

"Minho, you'll always be my baby and I'll always love you."

Minho takes my hand. "Let's go home noona. Do you work tomorrow?"

"No, we'll have the whole day together."

"I'll take care of you tomorrow noona."

"Really?"

"Yep, you always take care of me and teach me things, I'll do it for you too."

I smile, "okay, I'll depend on you then."

-Next Day-

"Noona, wake up, it's almost 10" Minho's little hands shook me.

"Eh? I overslept?"

"Noona, I made toast. Wash up and come to the kitchen" Minho walk out of my room.

I walk into the kitchen where the plates were set out on the table with a piece of toast on each plate with scrambled eggs and a cup of orange juice on the side.

A smile spread across my face, "you're so smart. You learn from just watching me huh?"

Minho nod, "I was a little scared of the stove but I said I'll take care of you today so I cooked anyways."

I chuckle, "you didn't have to."

"No, you were the one who told me a boy shouldn't go back on their words, especially to the ones they care about."

My phone rang and I pick up, "hello?"

"Hey ____, it's Yuki. You want to hang out tonight? The boys wanted to barbecue tonight all of a sudden."

"Eh? Tonight? I don't think-"

"Do you have work or other plans?" Yuki cut me off.

"No, I'm not busy but-"

"What is it? You have to work tonight?" Minho ask.

"No, my friend is inviting me to a barbecue but I already said you and I will spend the day together, so-"

"Say you'll go. I can take care of myself."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah" Minho smile.

"Alright, Yuki, I'll come later."

"Who we're you talking to?"

"My baby."

"The boy you always leave during lunch to see?"

"Yeah."

"Sorry, did I interrupt you guys?"

"Of course not. We were just about to eat breakfast."

"Eh? So late? Well, I'll see you later then."

"Okay, bye."

"You didn't tell your friends about me?" Minho ask.

"No, not yet" I shook my head.

"Why?"

"Because they never ask me anything about my family. They're probably misunderstanding me, but it's because they're not trying to figure out the truth. When they ask, I'll tell. Anyways, won't you feel lonely without me?"

"I will but I'll also be happy that you finally have time with your friends."

"Hey, I have an idea. Finish eating and then lets go shopping."

"Okay" he ate his breakfast.

Minho POV:

After I finish eating, noona took me to a shop full of stuffed animals.

"Why are we here?" I said looking at her confused.

"We're going to look for one that can record."

"Okay" I reply although I still don't understand why we need to look for a recording stuff animal. 

"Minho, what about this one?" She holds up a teddy bear half my size.

"Does your friend like teddy bears?"

"It's for you not for my friend."

"Oh... Why do I need this?"

"Come on, do you like this bear or not?"

"There is nothing that I don't like from noona."

"Alright, lets go home" she paid for the bear and we left.

"Noona, why are you buying me the bear?"

"Because, listen" she put the bear's chest to my ear.

"It has a heartbeat" I smile up at her.

"It's my heartbeat. No matter where you are, I'll be with you" her arm tightens around me.
 
Every time she says things like these, I feel secure. Like nothing can go wrong, even if it does, we can go through it together. 

We got home and she sat at the sofa with the bear. "Minho, you want to tell noona something? Noona's here to listen.... I will always love you Minho.... You're a man be brave and grow up well.... Sorry if I ever make you sad, mad, or wait for me okay baby? I'm trying my best for you." 

"Noona what are you doing?" I question after she finish talking.

She pats the spot next to her on the sofa. I walk over and sat down. She press on the bear's right hand. "Minho, you want to tell noona something? Noona's here to listen." She press the left hand, "I will always love you Minho." She press the right leg, "You're a man be brave and grow up well." She press the left leg, "Sorry if I ever make you sad, mad, or wait for me okay baby? I'm trying my best for you."

I look at her and she smile at me, "Press the heart and you'll hear and feel my heartbeat" she put my hand on the chest of the bear after pressing the chest.

"Why are you giving me this? It makes it sound like you're going to leave me."

"No, don't think that. I won't leave you. It's just so that when you get lonely in the house, remember that I'm with you" she hug me, "I won't leave you, no way."

"Really?"

She nod, "you're the reason I'm here. Minho, the reason I work so hard is to pay back someone really important to me and you."

"Really? Who is it?"

"I'll tell you later okay?"

"Okay" I agree.

"Ice cream?"

"Yeah!" I cheer and she took me out for ice cream then took me to the park where she pushed me on a swing. After a long play time we headed home.

"Will you really be okay?" Noona ask.

"Yes noona, don't worry, I'll go to sleep and won't open the door and will call you if anything happened."

"Okay, call me if you can't go to sleep."

"Don't worry noona. I have you with me at every second" I held up the bear that she just bought me.

"Okay, I'm going then" she open the door, "call me anytime okay? I won't be bothered, alright?"

"Okay noona, go."

"Alright, lock the doors" she left.

I went and lay down pressing the chest over and over. It's like she really is with me. I was able to hear her voice and her heartbeat and I was able to fall asleep quickly.

____ POV:

I headed to Yuki's house, kind of awkward since this is the first time I'm invited to her house.

I knock on the door and waited for the door to open. Daniel open the door, "Hi ____. Come on in. I'll take that for you" he put his hand out.

"It's okay, I got it."

"Come on, let me take that for you" he took the case of beer from me. 

"Ah, thank you" my voice came out small and quiet as his warm hand touched mines.

*Such a gentleman.*

"You didn't have to bring anything" his words cut me from my thoughts. "It's surprising though, you and I thought the same thing. I was going to buy a case too but Yuki said that she doesn't know if you drink or not so she told me not to buy it" he smile at me. "But I bought two cases anyways. Now we have one more." 

"You should've told me you already bought some."

"I didn't know you will bring some. Will we finish this?"

"Lets drink til we finish this."

"Are you challenging me?" Daniel smirk.

"Huh? No, I was just saying, we shouldn't let this go to waste."

He chuckle, "how much can you drink?"

"Hey, don't underestimate me just because I'm a girl."

"Alright, don't be all tough now and be all touchy and emotional later" he ruffle my hair with a sincere smile.

"I won't, watch" I smirk right back at him.

"Hey ____!"

"What's up Yuki?" I bow my head a little gesturing to Daniel that I'm going to go with Yuki.

"I'm setting up outside."

"What? The grill and stuff?"

"No, the table. I'm just moving the stuff out there. The guys are cooking."

"Ah~ interesting, I'll help you take those out" I took the bags from her hands outside.

"What's up ____?" Inati greeted.

"Looking forward to your cooking" I said. "How you doing there? Little help?"

"Nah, just sit at the table and wait."

Yuki came and sat next to me. "So what were you doing before this ____?"

"Nothing much, just went out to buy ice cream for my baby and I."

"Oh, you already have a boyfriend?"

"No, it's not like that. He's m-"

"So you're still going after Daniel?"

"I'm not going after anyone. I just like him, doesn't mean I'll get with him."

"That doesn't make sense."

"It makes perfect sense I told you the reason and all."

"Eh? But, if he likes you back it then your reason doesn't matter right?"

"I-I guess, but still, I'll have to double think about that."

"Hey Yuki, say something" Daniel recorded her.

"Hi! Today is our first barbecue with ____. She's my new friend" Yuki pull me. "I feel really happy!" Yuki smile.

"____ say something?"

I smile, "I don't know what to say."

"What about?" Yuki whisper in my ear, "Daniel I like you a lot? Make it a confession."

Daniel POV:

I recorded the boys first and now the two girls. Yuki introduced ____ as expected.

_____ look at the camera saying she doesn't know what to say. Yuki whisper something to her.

"No" she laugh nervously, "you're crazy" she nudge Yuki and turn to the camera, "I'm happy that I was invited, thank you all for inviting me. That's all, turn the camera away from me now, Daniel" she cover her face shyly.

"The two girls we have are cute aren't they?" I spoke to the camera as they turn to talk and laugh with each other.

They both look up. Yuki waved at the camera. "Stop recording" _____ cover her face again.

"The more you say that the more we don't want to stop the recording" I walk closer to her.

"Hey" she walk over to block the camera from recording her but I put the camera up higher, still recording down at her. "Really, stop Daniel" she jump up.

"Don't do that, we're both going to fall."

"I don't care, stop recording."

"Alright, alright. I stopped it" I lied.

She back down, "let me see."

"Just kidding, I didn't stop it."

"Yah, give me the camera. You haven't recorded yourself at all. Lets record you saying something."

"It's alright, I can record myself" I turn the camera around recording myself. "Hi Daniel here! I was recording the whole time" I put my free arm around _____'s shoulder, "I'm also a friend of her's now, we look good together don't we?" I turn to her just recoding her again. "You're blushing. Guess you couldn't take the camera anymore huh? I'll stop recording you now, so calm down. At least say bye."

"I said it long time ago" she fan herself with her hands.

"No you didn't. You just said that's it, not bye."

"That's my way of saying bye. Fine, bye Daniel. Can you turn it off now?"

"Yeah" I laugh and stopped recording.

"Did you really?"

"Yeah" I laugh.

She turn back to Yuki, "is your house always this crazy?"

"No" Yuki replied.

"So it only got crazy when I got here. Interesting."

"Crazy as livelier. I like the atmosphere" Yuki looks back and forth between me and _____.

"I'm going to go help the guys now."

Yuki POV:

"I'm having doubts that you and Daniel are just friend" I gave her the suspicious eyes.

"That's just me I guess. A little laugh here and a little laugh there no one will know how I really feel" she said.

For some reason, when she said these kind of things I feel so distant. "Hey ____, tell me-"

"Food's ready" Jesu brought over hamburgers, "eat."

We all stare at _____ as she took a bite.

She stop chewing, "It's burnt." 

"Ah! Don't eat it, don't eat it!" Inati panics as she was going to take another bite.

"I was just kidding, it's good" she laughs.

"Here" Daniel hands her a beer. 

"Thank you" she took the beer.

"Eh? You drink?"

"Yeah, why? Is it wrong?" She ask.

"No, you can handle beer right?"

"Yes. Don't worry about it. I need to get home safely" she reply.

Daniel passes out beer to the rest of them except me. 

"Simon, can't I have one? Please?"

"No."

"But _____ could have one."

"Hey, who says I'm only having one?" ____ ask.

"See? ____'s having more than one" I complain.

"No, you can't."

"You're no fun Simon. You get drunk and I have to take care of all you guys."

"That's why I need you sober" Simon answer.

"You Simon."

"Maybe next time okay?"

"Next time? You say that every time."

_____ laugh, "hey, Simon just wants the best for you. Listen to him Yuki."

"You too, don't drink too much."

_____ look at Simon, "don't worry about me, take care of yourself."

Hours later and they finished two cases of 24 and halfway through the third case _____ brought.

"Hey ____, I know that I'm mean to you, but.... I just don't know how to be nice after I've been such a jerk" Simon confess drunk.

____ smile, "he'll probably forget that tomorrow."

"____, I'm amazed, I never really saw a girl so good with drinking" I comment.

"I'm telling you, don't compare me with someone else."

"Alright, I'm going to take these drunkards to their rooms" I took Simon to his room and went back for the rest one by one.

"____, I'm tired now. I'm going to sleep."

"Okay" she continue drinking with Daniel.

"Sorry, I'm not going to send you off."

"It's alright. You just took care of 4 guys, you're tired. Go to sleep. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright, bye" I went off to my room.

Daniel POV:

"You weren't kidding when you said let's finish this."

"Of course" she pops open another one.

"Shouldn't we stop? I mean, you said you have to get home safely."

"I'll be fine. We only have a few left."

We came down to the last two and pop them open at the same time. "So, you told us you have someone even more important than your crush? Is it your boyfriend?"

"No, I don't have a boyfriend."

"Really?" I look at her.

"Yep" she slowly nod and stood up throwing the empty cans into the empty box.

"But you have a guy in mind?"

She stare at me and smile, "Didn't I tell you guys before?" She continue throwing the can in until she cleaned up all the cans laying around.

"Did you... confess to him?" I ask as she sat back down next to me taking a sip from her can.

"Nope" she took another sip.

"Why?"

"Why are you so curious?" she turn to face me.

"Because girls tend to be insecure and just so you know, you're beautiful."

"Tch, you don't have to give me that crap to be my friend. I prefer the truth" she turn away from me with heart-warming smile.

"You prefer the truth? Well, I'm telling you the truth. I think you're beautiful. Every girl has an attractive side. Like Yuki, although she acts like a kid, her innocence and kindness makes her beautiful."

"But I'm not innocent and I wouldn't say that I'm a nice person. Doesn't that mean I can't be beautiful?"

"Who says you're not beautiful? Not only nice girls are charming."

"So you're saying I'm mean? I'm a bad girl?"

"You're mysterious, I think that's you're charm."

She chuckle, "Daniel, you're really good at making a girl feel good. I bet girls are falling for you all over the place."

I shrug, "Maybe." I laugh, "Naw, I don't think so."

"No? I think girls are falling for you everywhere you go. You probably just don't notice" she downed the last of her can.

"But-"

"I think it's time I should go, bye Daniel" she stood up, "I'll lock the door behind me, you should go rest too. Anyways, tell Yuki, I'm sorry for leaving everything for her to clean tomorrow" she put her empty can on the box and left.

"What is this? She isn't going to let me finish my sentence?"

_____ POV:

I got home and look into Minho's room. He was hugging the bear I just bought him with his head on it's chest. I smile to myself knowing he was also thinking of me and fell asleep as if I was really by his side. I close the door making sure I don't wake him and went to my room to get ready for bed.

I lay on my bed thinking of my open conversation with Daniel. "This must be a dream" I pinch my cheeks.

*Okay, it's real, I actually talked to Daniel so openly. I felt so close to him. It's as if he knew who I was.*