The Abduction

Against All Odds

 

Yeol was jarred awake when she felt a hand clamping in on , preventing her from screaming and shouting for help. She looked up and saw a tall figure looming above her. The room was dark except for the light coming from the moon, illuminating the room. Panic gripped her and she instinctively reached for her knife but found out she couldn’t. Yeol realized that her hands and feet were already tied up. She couldn’t believe it. The man did it to her while she was asleep! Yeol realized that she couldn’t underestimate him. Instead she eyed him warily and waited for his next move.

She didn’t expect him to lean down and whispered something.

“I’m not going to gag you or tape your mouth. Just keep quiet, understand?” His deep and husky voice went straight to Yeol’s gut, making her body tingle. She went completely still. Then he shifted and they came face to face. Eyeing her, making sure she understood what he meant.

She is sure that she’s not a cat or a hawk but Yeol clearly saw his eyes in the dark room. He had the most magnificent pairs of brown eyes with flecks of gold she had ever seen. The intensity of his stare makes her breath hitch in . His face was cover in black and only his eyes were exposed. She bet that he was handsome but remembered that most people are only good looking when their backs are turned and disappoints you when they face you.

Yeol decided then to wager that he must be ugly because he’s covering his face and that his eyes are the only thing that is striking. That was then she remembered that this guy is clearly going to do harm things on her and decided to cover his face so as not to blow up his identity. Dammit, why is she mentally arguing about his looks when she’s being—

“Are you even listening to me?” his voice lace with exasperation. Yeol blinked up at him, immediately focusing again. Wait, what did he say earlier?

She quickly nodded and his grip on her moth loosened. Yeol didn’t realize that she’s holding her breath for too long. He started to stand straight again but she has other plans.

As soon as he turned away she inhaled and readied herself for the biggest and loudest cry for help in the history.

“Heeeeeeel—”

For the second time around, she found shut up by his hand, her scream muffled. Yeol looked up to him angrily, angry at him because he clearly saw through her act and angry at herself for shouting so suddenly and not getting away first.

“And I know that you’ll do that. I’m just testing you and oh, you didn’t disappoint me.” Oh God, there goes his voice again. Yeol knew that behind the mask he’s smirking. She’s angry again.

“You bastard! Release me!” But they only heard her say is “mf-mph-mmmh-mph!” Yeol gave up talking. She suddenly feels herself being lifted up from the bed and he positioned her on his shoulders easily as if she weighs no more than a feather. She tried kicking him and trashing around wildly. But all are futile attempts. He continues to walk as if nothing happened. Judging from the way he moves Yeol knew that the man is young but older than her and although she hates it, he’s also taller than her.

He opened the window, the cold air hits her making her gasp and realization hit her squarely in the face. No way. No way in hell is he gonna do that. But then again, he already kidnapped her so this thing is no joke for him.

She squirmed to face him, her eyes looking for him to face her. And when he did, she knew what he’s going to do. Yeol saw it in his eyes.

He’s going to throw her down. Three storeys down from the room. Yeol became violent in his arms as she tried to escape desperately. But the more she fights, the tighter he grips.

She will die. Suddenly her life flashes before her eyes. The first time she met her life’s guy best friend, Baekhyun and her childhood friend, Suho. How she attempted to steal their neighbor’s little pig to make it her pet but was caught and reprimanded by her aunt. Her Aunt Yeon Woo! How will she live without her? Of course there’s the topic about marriage! She still wants to get married, have kids and family. Even if Yeol’s mother is in heaven now as what Aunt Yeon Woo said, Yeol is not that in a rush to meet and join her right now although she badly misses her parents.

Yeol didn’t realize that he was now holding her in a bridal style. She looked up and saw him looking at her also. Before Yeol can even take a breath he released her straight to her death.

Everything around her seems to go in slow motion. She cursed him to the depths of hell. Right now, she badly wants to go to hell than to heaven. Her mother can wait for her later. Odd though, because the last thing she thought before she die was blaming the palace guards on letting these people into the palace. them. Everything goes black as she faded into the chasm of oblivion.