The Rival

Black & White

G.Na’s POV

I sat on the floor of my bedroom with my back resting against the bed. My arms wrapped around my legs, with my head resting softly on my arms. I have never experienced this feeling before, this feeling of heartbreak. It has been a week since the concert where I found Jinwoon cheating on me. Jinwoon, the man I love and trust, betrayed me and I guess I still can’t quite grasp this. The question that continues to ring through my mind is Why? For the past couple of days I have been busy with my new album, which has kept my mind preoccupied and off of Jinwoon, but today is my day off and so my mind is filled with him. The sound of his voice, the image of his smiling face, the warmth from his arms, the soft touch of his lips, and the heartbreak from his betrayal. Sadness is all I feel, and yet I cannot cry anymore. I spent so many of my tears the night of the concert that I do not think I have any left. Shortly after I ran out of the concert, Hyuna found me and took me home. She consoled as I cried and cried from the pain in my chest, from my heartbreak. Jinwoon has tried to call me several times, but I am not ready to talk to him. He is too busy promoting 2AM’s new song to actually stop at my apartment, which makes me relieved since I am not ready to face him. Sitting on my bedroom floor, I felt depression hang over me. Then my doorbell rang. I slowly lift my head from my arms and my heart raced. That can’t be Jinwoon, can it? Hyuna is with 4minute to day on some television show, so it is definitely not her. Dressed in a baggy pair of black sweatpants and a red t-shirt, I trudged slowly to the door. My heart pounded at the possibility of it being Jinwoon. I froze a few feet from the door. Do I want to see him? Do I want to answer the door? Slowly stepping towards the door, I reached for the metal doorknob. With my palms sweating, I grasped the knob and opened the door. The person who stood before me was Miss A’s Suzy. Dressed in a cute blue summer dress with brown boots, Suzy smiled at me with a dark look in her eyes. My anxiety kicked up and I stood before her. I am a complete mess, while the girl my boyfriend was cheating on looked very pretty.

                “May I come in, I need to talk to you,” she said sweetly with the smile plastered on her face with the same dark look in her eyes. I slowly nodded my head and let her into my apartment. The two of us stood awkwardly in my hallway, both unsure about what to do next.

                “Would you like to talk in my living room?” I asked. Suzy nodded and so we moved to my living room. Before we sat down, Suzy suddenly turned towards me and gripped my arm hard.

                “Just so that we are on the same page,” she said. “I am not here to apologize about what happened between me and Jinwoon. I am not here to up to the girlfriend and promise to give up Jinwoon.” Our eyes connected as her nails dug into my arm. Her eyes were filled with such intensity. She then released my arm and sat on my couch. “You have a nice place.” I cautiously sat down next to her and rubbed my arm.

                “Thank you,” I said. “Is that what you wanted to say to me?” Suzy turned towards me suddenly and I flinched. She gave me and smug smile as she ran her fingers through her long dark hair.

                “I am much prettier than you and younger,” she said. “Choosing me should be obvious.” Then anger flared within me. Who does she think she is to come here and insult me? “And yet he hesitates, I really do not understand why. What is so good about you?” Suzy stared at me with such intense frustration.

                “Jinwoon and I understand each other and our relationship is a lot deeper than appearances,” I replied. This irritated Suzy. Her eyes grew darker and she stood up abruptly.

                “The connection between Jinwoon and me is special too,” she yelled. “It is a lot stronger than yours.” I sighed and slowly stood. With as much confidence I could muster, I stood tall and connected my eyes with hers.

                “I seriously doubt that,” I replied. Then Suzy slapped me hard across the face. My cheek stung and my eyes watered from shock.

                “You are irritating,” she said quietly. “You are in the way.” Her fists shook from her anger. “Everything was going perfect until you got in the way.” I stood frozen before her. “I have worked too hard for my plan to fail now.”

                “Plan?” I asked. Then Suzy’s eyes widened with shock as she rapidly covered .

                “I need to go,” she said as she literally ran out of my apartment. With the slam of my front door, Suzy was gone. Plan? What Plan? I pondered what Suzy was saying as my phone rang. The sound of Jinwoon’s ringtone came from my bedroom and I froze.  Should I finally answer? Jinwoon has called me almost every day, but I have not answered yet. Am I ready?

Jinwoon’s POV

                In my bedroom at the 2AM dorm, I paced. Walking from one side of the room to the other was the only way for me to think. Everything just became so messed up. Suzy has been calling nonstop and she has come by the dorm quite a few times, but I do not want to see her. I actually want to forget about her for a while because the only person on my mind is G.Na. Her look of betrayal and heartbreak will not leave my mind. I have tried to contact her several times, but she will not answer. Rubbing my hands together, I continued to pace back and forth as I tried to figure out a way to fix things. Then a knock came from my door.

                “Jinwoon?” asked Jo Kwon form the other side of my door. “We ordered pizza, do you want some?”

                “No,” I replied. Food was the last thing on my mind. I heard Jo Kwon sigh from the other side of the door.

                “Jinwoon you have been shut in your room since we got back from rehearsal, is everything okay?”

                “No, Jo Kwon,” I replied. “You know very well that everything is not okay.”

                “Just call her again; I know she will answer when she is ready.” I sighed with frustration. I know that I need to keep trying. I will never give up. Grabbing my phone my heart pounded. I need to hear her voice again, I need her. I hastily dialed her number and waited. The phone rang for quite a long time and I waited for the recorded message to sound, but then it didn’t. Instead, the sound of G.Na’s voice came instead.

                “Hello?” she asked quietly. I nearly jumped as excitement and surprise washed over me.

She finally answered.