Disappointment

Black & White

 

Walking down the long, white hallway, giddiness flowed through me. I walked with a spring in my step and a big grin on my face. My hand knocked on the dark wood door of the 2AM dorm. The door swung open and Jinwoon stood in front of me. I reached up, wrapped my arms around his neck as his arms wrapped around my waist, and we kissed. It was a soft and sweet one that made me smile when we pulled apart.

                “Good morning,” he said with a beautiful smile on his face.

                “Good morning,” I said. “Are you ready for today?” Excitement was roaring within myself. I am always excited when we get to spend time together since both of us have such little free time. Jinwoon slowly pulled his arms away from my waist and grabbed my hands. His eye looked at the floor, and a pit formed in my stomach. Something isn’t right.

                “Look G. Na, I--,” he began.

                “Hey Jinwoon, could you two talk in your room?” asked Jo Kwon. “I don’t want you two to start fighting in the doorway.” Uh oh. I could feel the panic and anger start to boil within me. Jinwoon shot Jo Kwon an irritated look and sighed.

                “Now you have gotten her all worked up,” said Jinwoon. A sympathetic look covered Jo Kwon’s face as he disappeared in his room. Jinwoon turned towards me and tugged my hands. “C’mon.” I stared at my hands with confusion and anger rolling inside me.

                “We are not going on a date today are we?” I whispered. Jinwoon didn’t give me an answer as we walked to him room. Stay calm. Trying to keep my emotions in check was very hard. Jinwoon closed the door to his room and turned towards me. An anxious look came from his eyes as we stared at each other. “Go on,” I growled at him. Jinwoon flinched and ran his hand through his hair.

                “Well, something came up,” he said. Before he could even tell me what, I stomped up to him with my fists clenched.

                “Jinwoon, we are supposed to have a date today and now you are cancelling it,” I yelled at him.

                “It’s not like I have a choice,” he yelled back. “I did tell you that there was a chance that something might come up today and, well, it did.” I grabbed his pillow and started whacking him with it.

                “I was looking forward to this a lot, do you know how excited I was?” Anger pulsated through me as I continued to hit Jinwoon. He then grabbed my arm and yanked his pillow from his hands.

                “I was excited too G. Na, believe me.” I then started grabbed stuff off of his messy floor and chucking them at him. Then I saw my fingers clasped around the small pink bear with a red heart delicately stitched on it chest. I froze as the happy memory of the amusement park date came into my mind. Jinwoon took advantage of my hesitation and tightly wrapped his arms around me. I thrashed against him, but his strong arms overpowered me and I fell limp in his arms. His warmth and scent intoxicated me. Tears threatened my eyes from my overwhelming feeling of disappointment.

                “I’m sorry,” he said against my head. His warm breath my hair and I wrapped my arms around him.

                “Jinwoon, I was really looking forward to our date,” I said as I tried to hold back the tears.

                “I know, me too,” he said. I could hear the guilt in his voice. Then a knock came from the door.

                “Jinwoon, we need to leave,” said Seulong.

                “I’m coming,” said Jinwoon. We pulled apart, he placed his hand under my chin and brought my face to his. “I will make it up to you okay?” I nodded and gave him a small smile. My anger was gone, but it was replaced by disappointment and sadness. We walked with our hands clasped together as we left the 2AM dorm. Out on the street, Jinwoon said goodbye to me and kissed my cheek softly. I waved to him with a small smile on my face as he and the other members piled into a van and pulled away. With nothing else to do, I headed towards the 4minute dorm.

 

                I knocked on the door and Ji Hyun answered.

“Hello G. Na, come on in,” she said with a smile on her face. I walked in and saw Hyuna on the couch. With a look of surprise on her face, she jumped off the couch and walked briskly to me.

                “What are you doing here?” she asked. “Don’t you have a date with Jinwoon?” I closed my eyes and shook my head.

                “Something came up and he had to cancel,” I said quietly. Hyuna grabbed my hands and gave me a sympathetic look.

                “I’m sorry G.Na.” I shrugged and gave her a small smile.

                “It’s okay because he said he will make it up to me.” We both plopped on the couch and I leaned my head against Hyuna. Some realty show was on and the guests were Miss A. Jia, Fei, Min, and Suzy all sat in bright red chairs with smiles on their faces as the host asked them questions.

                “Now Suzy, who is your ideal boyfriend?” the host asked.

                “I would have to say 2AM’s Jinwoon,” answer Suzy without any hesitation. I nearly fell off the couch. She said it so fast and with such certainty, a small pit of worry formed in my stomach. Does she like Jinwoon?