Silence

Black & White

 

                Sitting on my couch in my apartment with knees tucked up to my chest and my arms wrapped around them, I stared at my cell phone as it sat on my glass coffee table. It has been a week since I have last heard from Jinwoon. Well I got a text from him three days ago saying that he was busy, but I don’t count that. Anger and hurt swirled inside me as my phone continued to sit in front of me silently. Why doesn’t he call? Why doesn’t he answer when I call? Why? These questions keep circulating in my head. I know that 2AM is busy promoting their new album, but I don’t think that Jinwoon is too busy for a freakin’ phone call. Sighing, I laid across my couch and continue staring at my phone. Tears silently ran down my face as I continued my endless waiting for Jinwoon. At least I kept busy with my schedule so I was not always waiting, but today is my day off so I have nothing better to do. I grabbed my remote and my T.V. Flipping through the channels I found 2AM on some variety show. Jinwoon sat with the other members, smiling and staring at the host. He looks so handsome with his dark hair and wonderful warm smile. I sigh as more tears poured from my eyes. Being ignored by him hurts a lot, and it makes me feel that he doesn’t care anymore. Then a knock came from my door. I sprang up from the couch, wiped the tears from my face, and ran to the door. I open it and found Hyuna standing there. She gave me a smile and hugged me.

                “Oh G.Na,” she said. “I’m sorry I couldn’t see you sooner.” I hugged her back and smiled a little.

                “It’s not your fault you were busy,” I said. Then the tears threatened my eyes so I closed them tight refusing to let one escape. Hyuna then released me.

                “Have you heard from Jinwoon?” she asked. I opened my eyes and looked down.

                “Nope, not a peep,” I said. And then came the tears. Hyuna wrapped her arms around me and shuffled me to my living room. She guided me to my couch and sat beside me. “I don’t know what I did,” I sobbed. “Why is he doing this to me? He has never done this to me before.” I continued to sob and Hyuna rubbed my back.

                “Well maybe you should just go and see him,” suggested Hyuna. I stopped crying and stared at my best friend.

                “What a great idea,” I yelled as I sprang off my couch. Hyuna nearly fell off the couch because of my sudden outburst. “I should go and see him.” Why did I not think of this before?

                “Well since today is your day off and their concert is tonight, do you want to go?” asked Hyuna. She gave me a small and encouraging smile. I nodded and jumped up and down. A feeling of hope washed over me.

                “Yes, we should go.” So, four hours later, we immediately set out to the stadium where the concert is held. With Hyuna’s great persuasion and with both of our idol statuses, we made to backstage easily. With fifteen minutes till the concert starts, I know exactly where Jinwoon will be. He always likes to sit quietly in his dressing room alone before he goes on stage. Jinwoon still gets nervous every time he is on stage; it is a really cute part about him that I love. He is so down to earth and never seems to get used to being an idol. Hyuna and I walked through the maze of the backstage area where we run into Jo Kwon and Ga In. Jo Kwon gave me a nice smile while Ga In just gave me a quick glance and shrugged.

                “Ah, G.Na,” greeted Jo Kwon. “I was not sure if you were going to make it.” I shrugged.

                “Didn’t know if I was invited,” I replied. Jo Kwon’s eyebrows furrowed with confusion.

                “I thought that Jinwoon called you earlier and invited you to come,” said Jo Kwon. My heart tightened as I shook my head. “I wonder who he was talking to.” Ga In then grabbed Jo Kwon’s arm.

                “Hey let’s get going,” she said to him as she pulled him away. I turned towards Hyuna and frowned with worry.

                “What if he doesn’t want to see me?” I asked Hyuna. She gave me a reassuring pat on my shoulder and smiled.

                “Don’t worry about it, I’m sure he will be glad to see you,” said Hyuna. We then continued on towards Jinwoon’s dressing room. Coming around a corner, I saw Suzy from Miss A walking form the opposite side of the hallway towards Jinwoon’s dressing room. I then hid behind the corner. This is ridiculous, I said to myself. Why are you afraid of her? So what if she mentioned Jinwoon once on a show? I then peeked around the corner and saw Suzy enter Jinwoon’s dressing room. What the…? Worry washed over me and I gave Hyuna a panic look. Hyuna just pushed me forward and smiled at me. I then slowly shuffled down the hallway until I stood face to face with Jinwoon’s door. What will be his reaction when he sees me? What if he doesn’t want to see me? What if he hates me? Taking a deep breathe, I slowly lifted my hand, grabbed the door knob, and opened the door. Anxiety ran through me, but I was not prepared for what I saw. When I opened that door, the first thing I saw was Jinwoon and Suzy kissing.

                What?