02

The Stupid L

Your POV:

It was time for lunch and I was about to walked out of the classroom but I was stopped by our principle.

“Sumin-ssi, can you follow me to my office?” she asked, I nodded and followed our principle.

When we were in there she suddenly said, “Do mind being a tutor for my son?”

Of course, everyone knows Kim Myungsoo is the principle’s only son.

I stayed quiet.

“Sumin-ssi, please I need him to study and pass sophomore year.” She said.

“I’ll do it.” I said quietly.

“Okay, I’ll pay you back with money.” She said. She put a contract in front of me.

It said if I signed this I’ll make sure to tutor Myungsoo-ssi everyday either after school or in school, both would be great. With an exchange, Mrs. Kim would pay me 10,000 by each hour I tutor. I grabbed a pen and signed it at the very bottom.

“Thank you Sumin.” She said with a smile. I bowed and went out the room. Right when I got out she called for her son the 10th time today.

I was walking back to my class to get my stuff that I need. I was walking, I swear I heard footsteps behind me. It didn’t sound like high heels clicking that the queenka’s make. It sounded more like a hurry.

*I guess that Kim Myungsoo.*

I turned and got into my classroom. I went and got my stuff, until a note fell out.

It was a love letter.

*someone got it wrong.* I looked at the front. To Kim Eunsoo. Eunsoo was probably the only friend I had in this school. She’s the only person I would talk to a lot. I took the love letter and my stuff. I went into the lunchroom and saw Eunsoo sitting there waiting for me.

“Sumin-ah!” she shouted and waved. She was completely different from me. She pretty, loud, cute, and naïve. I sat down and handed her the love letter I found in my desk.

“I found this in my desk, someone put your love letter in my desk.” I said to her quietly.

“You did? Why didn’t you throw it away for me?” She asked.

“Because you always throw away love letters without even thinking about it.” I said.

“Okay, I’ll read this one then.” She said and started reading the paper.

I look at her while she read the paper. Her eyes showed affection but then she was confused.

“Wae?” I asked.

“It’s not signed.” She said.

“It’s okay, I think that boy will come and confess the something to you again.” I reassure her, she gave me a smile and handed me half of her sandwich.

“Are you planning accepting his feelings when you find out who he is?” I asked. She nodded with a flush face. She suddenly pushed me.

“Baek Sumin don’t you dare tease me after that.” She said. I gave her a tiny smile. She pushed the corner of my mouth up.

“You should smile more often. You look prettier when you smile.” I swap her hands away and bite into my sandwich.

“Sumin-ah, can you come over to my place tonight for studying?” she asked with an aegyo voice. I have a major weakness against aegyos. I look away.

“Mianhae, I have to tutor someone else.” I said. I could tell she’s pouting.

“Fine but you owe me one day, okay?”

“Sure, your majesty.” I said.

After lunch, I went to the principal’s office for her son’s address.

She handed me the paper and gave me a smile.

“I hope he doesn’t become trouble to you.” She said, I gave her a nod and walked out. I got on a bus going towards Kim Myungsoo's house. I was sitting down looking out the window. It was already dusk. The almost orange sky dotted with fluffy white and some looking a little orange clouds. Suddenly the weight of the chair sinks. I turned around and saw a boy almost my age I think. He smiled at me.

“Hey, are you single? I’m free for you.” He said. I look at him blankly and turned back to the window.

“Hey I’m talking to you.” He said and put his hand on my shoulder.

“I’m not.” I said and shook his hand off. I heard some laughter coming from the front. The boy signed and walked over. He started handing the other boys money.

*Boys are so stupid these days.* I thought.

The bust stopped and I notice this is my stop. I was about to get off until a boy grabbed my hand.

“Can I have your number?” he asked with a wink.

“No.” I said and pried his hand off.

“Baek Sumin, I’ll get you one day.” He shouted after I got off the bus.

*How does he know my name?* I thought. I dust my skirt and realized I was still in my school uniform.

*that’s how he knows my name.* I started walking towards Kim Myungsoo’s house. There was this person in front of me dressed in the same uniform as me. He had headphones on and his bag was hung behind him. He suddenly stopped short and turned around.

He looked at me from head to toe. His eyes big.

“Kim Myungsoo-ssi?” I asked. He didn’t do anything but stare.