Lip gloss

Behind The Scenes ll EXO-M Interactive Game

 

"Yeah good luck with that." You smiled and returned to focus on the experiment in front of you.

Hyeri doodled on the instructions for the experiment, lips in a slight pout pondering about the dilemma she faced.

You smiled in satisfaction thinking that she had given up on looking for a 'boyfriend' for you. When suddenly her eyes lit up "Hey how about Chen?"

You instantly froze.

"You remember Chen right?" She was now bouncing up and down from the excitement of her recollection. "You know the Chen that you had a crush on in 9th grade? How about him? He was a nerd at the time, I didn't get why you were attracted to him. He looks kinda geeky, I guess nerds attract nerds right. So what do you say?" She beamed at you.

"How do you still remember that?" you exclaimed hoping no one heard Hyeri's burst of excitement.

"How can I not? You were gushing about him non-stop, you wrote your name with his last name all over your notebook and --"

"That was like TWO. FREAKING. YEARS. AGO" You hissed cutting her off, "and I was stupid back then, so none of that was actually counts."

"Hey don't blame your love for him on stupidity." She remarked while she pulled out her tube of lip gloss and a compact mirror from her pocket. "I bet you that you see him around in school you'd probably run in the opposite direction."

"There's like 2000 students at this school, there's no way that I could bump into him." You countered as you watched her apply an even but thin layer on gloss onto her slightly pinkish lips.

"Do my lips look kissable?" Hyeri asked, screwing the lid back onto the tube and pouting her lips at you.

"Your lips look like they just came out of the varnish factory" You laughed while shaking your head.

Hyeri looked at her reflection in the compact mirror, turning her head to the left and slightly tilting her chin upwards then turning right and lowering her chin. You stared at her while she admired herself in the mirror. The whole process just fascinated you.  How could one person spend so much time working on their appearance, when they could use that time to do something else that was much more valuable.

"Hey is that meant to happen?" Hyeri asked, eyeing the bubbling beaker over her compact.

You quickly turned to look at your experiment, expecting the worst. Did all the solution evaporate into the air? Did the beaker shatter under the intense heat? However, what you saw was a beaker sitting on top of a gauze mat, bubbling away over the bunsen burner, like it was meant to. You sighed in relief "Hyeri, you do know that liquids bubble when its boiling right?"

She rolled her eyes and continued to admire herself in the mirror.

 

 

You and Hyeri finished your experiment with a few minutes to spare before the bell rang for the next class. You placed the bunsen burner back into the cupboard before returning to your seat in the middle of the classroom. You opened your exercise book and began jotting down some quick notes on the results that you obtained from the experiment.

"Really _______? You're writing notes when we literally have like 2 seconds of class left." Hyeri sat on the same table where you were note taking, letting her legs dangle freely from the edge of the bench. "You really are a nerd." She laughed and pulled out her phone to check her text messages.

*DING DING DING DING*

"Meet me at the front of the school yeah?" Hyeri reminded you before plopping herself off the table to grab her designer messenger bag. She walked out of class arm in arm with Kyumi, a girl that you guys hang around with at lunch. Hyeri had class next period whereas you don't, so took your time organising your books and placing it in your bag. You pushed your chair in and walked out of class, having no idea of where to go to and spend the next hour.

 

should you:

 

Go to the library

OR

Go to the school's garden