Coincidence

Behind The Scenes ll EXO-M Interactive Game

 

~ DAY ONE ~

 

 

You entered the lecture and proceeded to follow Minseo and Seohyun to the seats further to the back.

“So whats your Skype name?” Minseo asked, pulling out her laptop and flipping open the lid.

“Skype?”

“Yeah, that’s how we talk to each other during class.” Minseo smiled widely

“Stop teaching her bad things.” Seohyun scowled and slapped Minseo on the arm. 

Minseo shrugged her away, “the teachers think we’re taking down notes, when in actual fact, we pay no actual attention to what they’re talking about. Its a foolproof plan. Genius really. So what’s your Skype name?” She clicked on the Skype icon and got ready to type. “Hit me.”

You gave her your Skype name, while you logged onto Skype on your laptop. By the time the teacher had walked in, you had both Minseo and Seohyun’s numbers as well as their Skype, Minseo had created a list of her top ten restaurants near and around campus for you and created a group chat to which she had already started the conversation. Twenty or so lines of her best tips on how to survive at SAP (Seoul’s Academy for the Pretisgous). [A/N: WARNING. Do not attempt this at school. You will not learn anything. I am speaking from experience.]

Class was definitely different with Seohyun and Minseo. Distracting in the sense that when you’re taking down bits and pieces from the teacher, you would look at the conversation Minseo and Seohyun were having, and you would unconsciously take down what they were saying instead.You couldn't complain though, they had made the lecture about physics mumbo jumbo so much more entertaining. They practically argued about every little thing and they would talk about the most random things.

By the end of class, you had taken down half a page of notes which was pretty good considering you had to pull yourself out of the conversation more than half of the time to listen to the lecture. Had you actually participated in the conversation throughout its entirety, you would have ended up with only the heading of the lecture on the page. Boy, you were going to have a lot of revising to do unless you could perfect your multi-tasking skills.

"So where to now?" Minseo asked, swinging her bag over her shoulders.

"I have a commercial to shoot." Seohyun replied while checking her phone, gently sliding her bag up her arm. 

Naturally, Seohyun turned out to be a model who shot commercials. That one was a no brainer. You wondered if you had seen any of them before.

"Of course." Minseo waved her off before turning to you. "I guess its just you and me then."

You furrowed your brows in confusion, "don't we have class in 10 minutes?"

"Nooo...." Minseo replied shaking her head, "lemme see your timetable." She held out her hand.

You rifled through your bag, pulling out the complementary school diary and handing it to her.

"You actually use the diary?" Seohyun questioned with raised eyebrows.

"I see." Minseo pointed at the shaded block on your timetable. "She has the first physics tutorial."

"We're in the second one." Seohyun clarified.

“But what are all these classes?" Her voice trailed off, pulling the diary closer to get a better look at the subject names. "Micro-biology, accounting 101, law 101, advanced economics, human anatomy, advanced mathematics, English language..." Minseo's eyes widened to the point where you thought they would just pop right out of her head. 

"Impressive..." Seohyun commented leaning in to look at the timetable.

Was there something wrong with your subjects? "Is there something wrong?" You asked confused.

"Oh my poor baby," Minseo sobbed, suddenly flinging her arms around you, engulfing you in a bear hug. "How could they pile all those horrible subjects on you?”

You looked over Minseo’s shoulders at Seohyun, hoping she could provide some sort of clarification to this sudden act of physical contact. But Seohyun simply shook her head and shrugged her shoulders.

"I chose those subjects." You managed to say, "except for law and accounting."

"What?" Minseo immediately pulled away like she just found out you had a contagious disease.

“I picked those subjects myself. I found them kind of … interesting.” You shrugged.

Clearly, Minseo couldn’t comprehend the absurdity that was pouring out from your mouth, because her jaw just dropped.

“Guys, I really have to go. I’ll see you guys later okay.” Seohyun cut in. “And stop opening your mouth so wide, you’re going to give yourself premature mouth wrinkles.” Seohyun slapped the underside of Minseo’s chin before waving goodbye to you.

“Okay, explain to me as I walk you to class,  why anyone in this universe would take on the most boring and difficult subjects voluntarily.” Minseo linked her arm through yours and you did just that. 

 

-Physics-

You walked into physics class the same way you walked into the first lecture. Alone. The classroom was much more like what you were use to. Simple and almost normal looking. With a whiteboard at the front, a small teak desk on the side and a two people desks spaced out evenly in the remaining area.You sat at the empty desk at the back of the room and watched as the desks filled up one by one all around you. By the time the teacher came into class, every seat had been occupied. All except the one next to you and you didn’t understand why either. You were all dressed in exactly the same thing, so its not like they could tell that you were new. Did you give off a ‘fresh meat’ smell or something?

“Sorry sir.” A guy bursted in through the doors, his tie slung around his neck while his jacket and bag hung from his right arm. “Sorry I’m late."

His appearance caused a ripple effect on the female population within the classroom. As soon as they saw Luhan appear at the door, they fixed their hair and adjusted what makeup they could before staring all dreamy eyed at him.

"Mr Xi. Next time try to get to class on time and please put your tie back on." The teacher called monotoneously. 

"Yes sir. Sorry sir." He quickly bowed and moved off, scanning the class to find a seat.

You looked around the room just the way he did, knowing fully well that the only unoccupied seat was next to you. What a coincidence. It looked like god was on Hyeri's side. Granting her wish of charming prince charming, which only meant that you could look forward to more coincidental meetings between you and Luhan. The only thing missing from this almost predictable romantic comedy would be if the teacher assigned a group task and your partner would be the person sitting beside you.

He pulled out the chair and sat down, giving you a friendly smile. You should have smiled back or said hello, hi or something along the those lines. But no. You instinctively looked away. Great job ______. Great first impression... No.. Wait... Second impression. Now he's going to think you're some weird, embarrassed fangirl. The embarrassed part was on point, the fangirl part was not so much. You looked straight ahead, elbows planted on the desk, arms extending out straight in front of you. All your attention focused on the the teacher at the front of the room. 

"Now we'll begin our class with a small test." The teacher announced, holding a stack of papers up in the air with his right hand. The class groaned in response. "I want you to take one each and pass the rest to the person behind you."

I know this is going to sound ridiculous but you actually liked taking tests. Academic, lifestyle, IQ, physicals, and the list goes on. Anything that gave you a mark at the end of the process. you liked. You smiled happily to yourself.

“Even though it a small test, it will still count towards your final grade. So at least try to put in some descent effort.” The teacher continued to drone. “Cheating will not be tolerated. Anyone caught cheating will be given an immediate zero, and the incident will be recorded on their academic transcripts. You can begin once you get the paper and you will have 45 minutes to complete it."

Curious about his reaction to the unexpected assessment, you took a quick peek at him. He had assumed the same position as you have, elbows propped up on the table, body leaning forward, the only difference was the pen that was rotating between his index and middle fingers of his right hand. Otherwise, he looked just as calm and collected as you felt.

The test paper laid in front of you. Four pages double sided, questions ranged from multiple choice questions to short answered questions with some extended answer questions. If this was considered short, you were not looking forward to the final exam or an actual test. You sighed, pressed your lips together and began working through the questions. 

You were halfway through the questions when you felt something underneath the table nudge your foot. You assumed that it was Luhan's foot, that he accidentally kicked you while stretching out his legs. Giving the incident no thought, your mind continued to run through the numbers in the test. Surprisingly, it wasn't as hard as you had expected it to be, but it still required a good amount of focus to sort out the useful information from the useless ones.

You felt him nudge your foot again. Okay, exactly how long were this guy's legs? You thought annoyingly to yourself. You shifted your legs to the other side to give him some more 'leg room' before returning your attention to the paper in front of you. It wasn't long until you felt him nudge you again, only this time he nudged your elbow. Okay, once would be considered an accident, twice would be a coincidence, a third is an deliberate attempt to annoy or distract you. What was this guy’s problem? You looked over at him, keeping your annoyance under wraps. There was only fifteen minutes left and you had two more questions left, questions with various parts to it and you had yet to check over the entire test. He slid his test paper over to you. Scribbled on the top left hand corner were the words 'Help me :)' You looked up at him and he gave you a ‘please-help-me-i-am-desperate smile. Was this guy being for real? You quickly glanced over to where the teacher was. He was sitting at the desk in front of the room, his nose buried in the stack of papers in front of him, occassionally glancing up to monitor the class.

You looked back at him.

Do you help him?

 

Yes. Hell yes. ( Coming Soon ! )

 

No. That smile isn't worth getting a 0. ( Coming Soon ! )

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One chapter down only a few thousand more to go. Can you believe this is only the Day One? Can this story progress any slower?

Please Comment. Subscribe. Vote!