Accepted (Ver. 2)

Behind The Scenes ll EXO-M Interactive Game

 

"I knew it." Hyeri snatched the envelope from the pile. "It came. It's actually here. My future is actually here." She began dancing around the room, twirling and laughing, holding the envelope high above her head.

Why was it her future? She wasn't planning to steal your I.D. and enrol as you, was she? Like one of those dramas, where the main character cross dress as a guy and enrols into the school to meet the love of their life or to casually fill in for their twin sibiling. Both very unrealistic scenarios, by the way.

"So why is my acceptance your future?" You crossed your arms in front of your chest. 'Please don't tell me she was really planning to steal your identification.'

"Please..." Hyeri fell into the closest seat next to her, eyes all dreamy and filled with rainbows and stars. She clutched the envelope to her chest, like it was a precious hierloom that she wasn't ever going to give up. "I finally have a chance with my star. My future husband is just an acceptance away. My future love life is inside this envelope." She s the envelope in front of her, with both hands.

"Yeah...inside a very wrinkled envelope." You slumped into the seat next to her. "So are you going to open it or are you going to keep the letter squished onto your s?"

She gave you a death stare, "ha ha. So should I open it or you open it?"

"You can." You waved the envelope away. It may look like you didn't care whether you made it in or not but it wasn't like that. I mean you were excited by the fact that your chances of getting into Seoul University increased. However, attending an entertainment school wasn't how you pictured on getting there. At least you're on the road to getting there, right?

"Okay" Hyeri heaved a sigh, she changed her position from the normal sitting position to the kneeling on the seat. You turned to face her, rotating only your head and keeping your body in the same position. She slid her finger under the flap of the opening of the envelope, slowly dragging it across the paper with ease. She suddenly stopped 3/4 of the way and shoved the envelope at you. "You know, I can't do this anymore. You open it."

"Fine." You grabbed the envelope and continued from where Hyeri stopped. "I don't know why you're so nervous. I mean there's a chance that I probably didn't even get in. Plus you should've seen how many people were there that day. There were like hundreds, probably thousands. They were probably in a different building for all I know." You got past the envelope obstacle and was now taking out the stack of papers, very expensive feeling papers. "I mean the probability of me getting accepted are-" You stopped mid sentence, your eyes now focused on the letter that was laying in your hands.

"What? What? Why did you stop nervous-talking? Did you get it? No. Please don't tell me you got rejected. Well?" Hyeri paniced.

"ah..." You sputtered, nothing was registering in your head.

"Give that to me." Hyeri snatched the letter from the dazed you. "Dear Miss ______. You have been selected for admission to Seoul's Academy for the Pretigious. OH MY GOD!! Please look over the material in the package, for further details on the enrolment process. Note that not all recipient of this letter will be given a guranteed entry into the academy. Your interview time is listed on the first page of the packaged material. OH MY GOD YOU GOT IN! YOU GOT IN! YOU GOT IN!!!!" Hyeri was jumping up and down in the same spot, her hands were fanning her eyes.

You were also smiling. You actually got accepted. You, from the hundreds.. probably thousands of other applicants.

She stopped jumping and ran to give you an enormous hug instead. "CONGRATULATIONS!!" She screamed.

"THANK YOU!" You screamed back, hugging her tightly.

"Oh and you should probably know that your celebratory party is this Saturday."

 

If you thought Hyeri's reaction to your acceptance than you had underestimated your mum. The moment you told her that you were accepted she screamed an ear piercing scream. A scream you were pretty sure the neighbours heard. She showered you in kisses and even pushed you into having a celebratory drink with her, which you responsibly rejected. You told your mum about the party Hyeri was throwing for you and asked if you could attend it. It would have been pretty awkward if she said 'no' but your mum more than happy to let you go. She even insisted that you stayed the night at the friend's house.

- 2 empty wine bottles and an hour later -

"A school full of successful and potential marriage material boys." Your mum twirled her glass of wine, "this was the future I wanted to provide you." She nodded and continued to talk to herself.

You gave her an 'are you serious' look, "really mum? This was the future you saw for me."

"Yes. But in that future you were into cute skirts and short dresses. You also had a million guys falling all over you." She looked over at you, "Instead I get this."

"I think you're drunk." You tried to take the wine glass and the bottle from her.

"I mean how are suppose to make a man fall for you if you don't show him some leg?" She moved her glass away from your reach and took a large sip from it.

"Okay, you're very drunk."

 

Saturday