In the Auditorium

The Demon Wears Glasses

 

“I am sure you have all heard the rumors,” the dean of business said with a smile at the podium. He faced the sea of students of business majors and minors sitting in the auditorium. “But the information you have heard may not be consistent, so I am here to clarify. We will be starting a new program this year. You will all have to secure an internship and work with your mentors on a project. You will write a paper and present your research to a committee at the end of the year. This committee will contain some professors, some graduate students, and some of your own peers.”

“You may be asking yourselves, ‘Why me?’ You were all selected because you are the best in your classes. This program can be considered as an honor as well as an experiment. The success you gain in this program will set a standard for the students that enter this program year after year. You will also represent this university through your work. We, the business department, do not want to bring our university shame, do we?”

The students murmured as the dean’s words echoed through the hall.

The dean smiled. “However, if you do fail, as failure can be inevitable, your project will be taken into consideration, and perhaps you will get another chance to enter the program the following year.”

“You will be split into groups. While I encourage friendly competition, remember, we are not here to degrade each other. We are here to strive for the top and support each other along the way. I expect everyone to be amicable to each other. If not, you will be expelled from the program and will not be reconsidered for a second chance.”

“If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask your teachers. They have all been informed by the program. If they cannot answer your questions, they will refer you to me. Now, everyone is dismissed.”

At the sound of the dismissal, everyone stood up and started filing their way out of the auditorium. Everyone, except Soo-yeon. She sat in her seat, tapping her lip with a pencil thoughtfully.

“Why are you still here?”

She looked up, startled. Yunho stood over her, in another business suit. Why did the guy always dress formal, even to school…

She stood up stiffly, making sure the edges of her cardigan were not caught in the folding seat. “Sorry. I was about to leave.” She started walking and tried to edge past him.

He stepped to the right so that he blocked her way. “What’s your name?”

She looked up. “Excuse me?”

“What’s your name?” He repeated.

“My name is Soo-yeon. Now, if you excuse me, I must get to my class.” She walked past him.

“Don’t you want to know my name?”

Soo-yeon turned. Yunho smirked, making her tremble in rage. That man was arrogant everywhere he went.

“Why would I want to know your name, Mr. Yunho?” she asked coldly before she left the room.

Yunho stood there, frozen in the spot he stood.

Why does this feel like a déjà vu…

[A/N] Happy Birthday Jessica! ^_^

I was going to make this a longer chapter, but since it's her birthday, I felt somewhat obliged to update. Yes, there is more to come and more I have planned. I'm really sorry though if I don't get to update this week, even if I finish writing because my week is loaded. (Also promposals just made my life a whole lot more stressful >.<)

Yeah, just so y'all know. I know you guys don't want to hear about me and my life than the story, but I felt I owed an explanation.

FIGHTING! ^_^