First Mission Problems

The Demon Wears Glasses

 

The door slammed shut behind her as she flexed her fingers. She was alone.

She put her gun securely in both hands, and stalked down the corridors. There wasn’t supposed to be anyone this far, but there was no such thing as being too careful.

She opened another door and the laser. It showed the path past the cameras, and she carefully followed it.

Another twist of the doorknob, and the servers stacked on shelves stood right in front of her.

In a swift, graceful motion, she inserted a USB drive into one of the ports. She checked a monitor and saw the program taking over the memory. Perfect.

At that moment she heard footsteps and she did not hesitate.

“…believe White Hall made such an offer. Hah!” The footsteps continued to approach. “Hey, why is the door open?”

A guard stuck his head in, looking around, frowning.

“It’s probably Hyung-jon,” someone said outside. “You know how forgetful he gets. He probably was working overtime again.”

The guard nodded and went out of the room again.

The Ice Princess let out the breath she was holding and looked around from her perch. The server room spanned more than 15 meters in width, and it seemed to go on forever in length.

She leaped down from the shelf she had climbed onto, nimbly landing on her feet. Turning, she saw that from the monitor that the data transfer was complete. She grabbed the USB drive and sidled down the hallway.

All of the sudden, alarms went off. The Ice Princess’s eyes widened. No, I forgot about the cameras!

“An intruder!” came one of the guards’ voices.

She started running through the hallways.

Please, let me come out alive.