Vision

The Demon Wears Glasses

“Excuse me. Hello. Hi. Good morning.” Yunho smiled and greeted his fellow panel members. He took the seat next to Changmin.

“Do you know who’s presenting?” Changmin whispered as Yunho made himself comfortable.

“I only know that person is a brave soul. What kind of person would present two months before the actual deadline?” Yunho whispered back.

That moment, the professor in charge walked in. “Hello everyone,” he greeted. His deep voice echoed in the hollow room. “Thank you for coming to this council session. The presenter realized how unusual this request for an early presentation is, and she would like to offer her utmost gratitude for your willingness to come.”

As the professor went through the procedure for evaluating the presentation, Yunho’s mind drifted. Was Soo-yeon okay? Maybe she got a cold from the rain…

“Good morning.”

Yunho blinked and his eyes widened when he saw Soo-yeon in front of him.

“Thank you all for coming today. As my fellow colleagues, I’m sure you’re all aware of how we must take the signs from the economy seriously. A demise of a small business may hold a warning about its industry. Especially since we’re still on the brink of a global financial crisis, we must be vigilant. However, we must also realize sometimes our businesses are the ones causing the trouble. Employees to employers can be committing crimes under our noses and they are the reason why we had the financial crisis.” She turned and pointed her clicker at the projector.

Yunho shifted uncomfortably. She interned at White Hall for this reason?

She turned back when her presentation went onto the next slide. “There are obviously jobs that are specifically made to check for inconsistencies that made suggest suspicious behavior. Yet even if you hire the best auditor, you still have to be on the outlook for suspicious behaviors. I will be discussing different techniques that will help sniff out shady actions in your company. All of them will have their pros and cons depending on what crime is occurring.”

As the presentation went on, Yunho felt anxiety rising in this chest. Why do some of these signs seem familiar…

Soo-yeon clicked and a relatively blank slide came up. “Thank you for listening to the whole presentation. Does anyone have any questions?”

 Yunho sat back, dazed as his colleagues questioned Soo-yeon. And that email…

“Thank you Soo-yeon. You may leave now.” The professor in charge nodded as Soo-yeon deftly withdrew her flashdrive. She nodded back and went through the door. The professor turned to the panel. “Now please fill out the rubrics.”

Dang it. I need to talk to her.

*

“She left?”

“Yes, Director Jung. It was her last day of her internship. She left an hour ago. I’m sorry, I can try to see if she left any contact information but she assured me that she cleaned everything up as if she was never here-“

“It’s fine, Ms. Kim. It’s my fault for not catching her in time. Have a good day.” He hung up the phone, running his hand through his hair as he let out a huff of frustration.

At that moment, his phone beeped.

[Sent from Unknown]

Looking for Soo-yeon?

Last chance this Thursday.

I’ll be waiting.

Ice P.

Yunho let out a growl. Why is this “Ice Princess” person stalking me? And is she holding Soo-yeon hostage??

Several hallways down, a pair of burgundy lips twisted into a smile.

*

“So how did the presentation go?”

Soo-yeon smiled. “I passed.”

“And not an A?” Stephanie dropped in mock horror.

“Well, it’s an A. Not an A+, but I did get kudos from some of the professors since I had to present early. Where’s Soo-jung?”

“Here! Look unnie, look what I got!” came Soo-jung’s muffled voice.

“She went on a celebratory shopping spree with a friend while I accompanied them, I hope you don’t mind,” Stephanie said in a low tone.

Soo-yeon smiled. “Not at all. I told her to enjoy herself these last few days here.”

“Look unnie!” Soo-jung appeared with blue eyes.

Shocking, royal blue eyes.

For a moment, Soo-yeon could only focus on her pounding heartbeat. “Oh my god! I almost didn’t recognize you for a second!” She put her hand on her chest earnestly.

Her sister beamed. “Really? I love how they make me look different. They’re a different shade than I wanted, but I kinda like how intense the color is.”

“Me too. Are you going to wear that all the time?”

“No. They’re circle lenses, unnie. Apparently if you wear them too much, you can lose your vision. Anyway, what’s for dinner?”

The question sprang Stephanie to action and soon all three of them were bustling around the kitchen to set the table and bring the food out. Yet Soo-jung’s circle lenses and her remarks about them kept haunting Soo-yeon.

If you wear them too much, you can lose your vision.

[A/N] Sorry for the long time no see and the really short chapter, I’ve been really busy and had almost no free time to write, let alone access my computer. (I did sneak in the free time to hang around the site :P) So I have good news and bad news. Bad news: School is going to start for me next week, so expect a great delay. Good news: I’m not going to give up on this story. HAH! Like you people expected me to :P But seriously, the good news is that I finally have a laptop that at least works better than my netbook (YAY) and the end of this story is coming soon anyway, so you won’t have to put up the suspense I make any longer!

…Hopefully…OTL