For Just a Moment...

My Bride

 

            Kring. Kring.

            Please leave a message after the tone.

 

            “Cho Hee-ya, you’re not picking up your phone since yesterday. What happened? I heard you’ve been to oppa’s house. He asked me if you called me. What’s happening? I’m your best friend. Tell me. I’m worried. Call me after hearing these.”

 

           

            Kring. Kring.

            Please leave a message after the tone.

 

            “Cho Hee, let’s talk. Please pick up the phone. I’m sorry. Please listen to me.”

 

            My ears were shut. I can’t hear a thing. I’m stock in my house for two days now. I was still hurt by what happened. I can’t even tell someone about it. I can’t tell Soo Jin because she’ll be mad at his brother and I know I was the one who’s at fault. It was just an illusion, he never told me that he loved me. He just said a joke to cheer me up. And that kiss… that kiss… it’s just a… lie…

 

            I can’t keep this up forever, I told myself so I started to dress and take a walk at the park. There were plenty of people walking their dogs and with their families. I was alone, I wanted to talk to someone but Soo Jin is the only close friend I have. My other friends are far away and they would just call me a fool for falling into a trap.

 

            “Cho Hee ya, is that you?”

 

            It was another familiar voice but a warm and soft voice. It was Jiyong oppa. I was embarrassed to see him for he saw what happened.

 

            “Ahhh. Jiyong-oppa. Sorry for what happened last time.” I just told him with my still wheezy voice.

            “It’s alright.”

 

            That was the only thing he said. I was expecting him to ask me but he did not. He seems to understand what I’m feeling. I now know why they always say that he isn’t really arrogant.

 

            “He’s Gaho, right?” I said trying to open up a nice conversation.

            “Yes. He’s my only son.” He said and then smiled. I smiled after hearing that.

            “Do you wanna drink some coffee?” he asked me politely and I agreed, I wanna forget things so we went in a café.

 

            I forgot that he was G-Dragon. Everyone was looking at us at the café but he seems calm and relax.

 

            “Jiyong-oppa, is this fine? Everyone is looking at us.”

            “Don’t worry. I always go to this café and they know me well.”

 

            I just trust his words. He always looked so reliable. We talked about things. It was very nice talking to him. He gives off a nice and calm feeling but he was also funny. He made me laugh several times. After a while, the manager came to us and asked a favor to Jiyong.

 

            “Annyeong G Dragon-shhi, I’m the manager here in the Café and you’re one of our regular customers. I always thank you for visiting us but today I wanna ask you a favor.” said the manager while he was looking at us with a smile in his face.

            “Anything that I can do.”

            “It’s actually the birthday of my daughter today and she’s there at the table and I wanna ask if you can sing a song for her. She’s a fan.”

 

            I was waiting for Jiyong’s reaction. I though he would refuse because he was an idol or something but he smiled, nodded and stood up.

 

            “Cho Hee-ya, just wait a bit there, okay?”

 

            He walked in front of the café where the baristas are staying. The manager looked so happy. All the people around the café looked at him. All were amuse and excited. I was worried. Fans started coming in front too, taking pictures. I thought that for a second, there will be a stampede. He had no bodyguards with him, he might get hurt but before anything of that happens he spoke to the people around.

 

            “Annyeong!” he bowed.

            “I’m G-Dragon from Big Bang. The manager of this café asked me to sing a song for his birthday girl daughter and I wanted to grant that request but I can’t do it if all of you will take pictures of me like that and stay in front. Why don’t we just sit in our tables and relax? I’ll sing a song for all of you.”

 

            It was fascinating to see the people stay on their seats and follow what he said. The manager asked the waiters to close the doors and the windows of the café for a little bit so there won’t be a large commotion.

 

            “Since I’m in a café, I should sing café right?”

 

            Everybody laugh. I also laugh at his lame joke. He greeted the girl and started singing. It was acapella. He sang his part.

 

            Nega anjaitdeon geu hayan uijamani ne hyanggireul gieokhago
Nega tteonan huro chagaun jeongjeongmani neol gidarigo inneun jageun kape”

 

            He continued singing the song and even the parts of the other members but not the rap part. Everyone was looking at him. I was listening, my heart forgot Seung Hyun oppa for a second.

 

            The song ended. He bowed but the people were asking for more.

 

            “Encore. Encore. Encore”

            “How is that? I don’t know what else to sing he said. But if that agasshi out there asks me, I might sing.”

 

            He was pointing at me. I was shocked and then he looked at me with eagerness in his eyes. The manager walked towards me and asked me. I don’t always listen to Big Bang songs so I don’t know what to say.

 

            “ahhhh… Anything will be fine.” were the words I said.

            “Then, I’ll sing this love song and it’ll be dedicated for you.” He said.

 

            All of the people in the café looked at me with those eyes. Some were smiling, some were researching me but I didn’t care I wasn’t doing anything wrong.

 

            His song ended in a while. He walked me home and told me that his car was parked somewhere near our street. He said goodbye and made Gaho wave at me. I laughed again.

 

            “That’s right. This girl is prettier when she smiles.”

 

            Then he looked back. He was very fast to disappear. Gaho was there with him. He’s such a nice puppy with his daddy I though then smiled. I just walked inside my apartment.

 

            It was a long day but atleast I forgot him for a moment there. For just a moment…