Confession

My Bride

 

            I was clueless of what he said. We became silent. I calmed a bit as he spoke.

            “I loved you since we were kids. I wanted to be famous because I want you to be proud of me but what happened? After I became an idol you had a boyfriend. You always tell me that you love him that’s why I tried to forget you, I went to bars, I drink and date any girl I seem to like. But they were never like you. No one was like you; I still continued loving you deep inside. And then finally, you broke up with that Jung Su. I thought I had the time and I told you my feelings.” He told me with his eyes looking at me sincerely but my mind was telling me not to listen to him.

            “No. that’s not true.”

            “It’s true. The woman you saw thought that I like her but I don’t, I was just drunk so she drove me home. Please listen.” He held my hand and looked at me straight in my eyes. I was still crying. He had tears but I turned back and walked away.

            “Cho Hee, why can’t you believe in me?!” he yelled. I stopped and cried all over again. I can’t turn back now.

            “I’ll jump off this pool and prove to you how much I love you. I’ll never swim and make myself drown until you won’t believe me.”

            “You wouldn’t do it! You would never –“ I heard a sudden splash. I turned around. He jumped off the pool. I ran back there.

            “Oppa! Oppa! Oppa!” He’s definitely not swimming, he just jumped and I can’t see him.

            “OPPA!” I don’t know what to do anymore. I was shouting so hard. He’s not appearing.

            “Oppa, I believe you now. I love you so much! Please don’t do this!” He was still out of sight. There was nothing I can do. I jumped of the pool finding him. The pool was huge, I was not a good swimmer. I was dead worried about him. I searched for him all over.

            “Oppa, oppa!!!!!” I shouted out loud.

            “Yah. Do you love me that much?” Someone appeared behind me. It was him. He hugged me tightly. But he fooled me again. I hit him so hard over and over again, shouting “I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!”

            “Are you going to fool me forever? I was dead worried about you.” I was crying so much then I rapidly got out of the pool and cried at the side while I was sitting, He sat beside me.

            “Mianhae~” he said while looking so guilty again. He touched my face and made me look at him too.

            “If something happened to you, what will happen to me! Why are you always doing this to me? I was worried that I could have died.” I told him.

            “I did that for you to believe me. You are my only love. Please, don’t come to Jiyong’s side, stay with me.” My heart beat so fast and I breathed heavily. I think it’s because of coolness and because of his stare. He was looking at me sincerely. Those eyes that are really telling me that I’m the only one it sees. Slowly, he was getting closer to me.

            “I love you, Park Cho Hee.” He whispered then kissed me. I didn’t reject anymore and openly accepted his feelings. His lips so soft as ever. I though time stopped. Everything I had in mind went away. It’s true, I believe him. This man loves me. After that, I looked at him.

            “Oppa, no pabo!” and smiled.

            “Yah, you should –“ I stopped him by kissing him again. That was the first time I made the first move. I felt like I could die at that moment. I love him so much.

            “Oppa, I love you too.” He hugged me.

            “I love you more.” He said and that became a precious night to both of us.